• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

owHENed Project: ISO loader for chickHEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davee

lolhax
I wanna clear some of this up here.

HEN IS NOT ILLEGAL! Yes!, it does break the warrenty, but simply removing the memory stick makes it so they cannot trace it. You payed for the product, did anybody sign a contract when they bought there psp? i didnt. the point is, you bought it, you can do what you want with it.

ISO Loader = Legal. Period
ISO's = Legal. Period

The only illegal thing is, dumping the umds. its legal to make backups, as long as you dont break any encryption. And when you dump them, you do.

If there was a way to copy the umds without breaking encryption, then it would be legal. but there isnt

ISO Loaders breach copy protections, so it is illegal.

childsy

sorry but it seems that people have gotten of topic with this thread and started talking about piracy again when I believe that the tread was created to talk about a possible ISO loader.

Now on the topic, I hope that the iso loader is not a fake. I am like everyone else here who likes to not carry around all my games. And I think its hypocritical fro people to say "nah dont give 'em a iso loader" when they proply have a psp with custom firmware installed.

Now on the piracy side of this debate. The law in Australia says that you may not make profit from the downloading or coping of games, music, movies, apps, that you do not legally own. So since I don't intend on selling anything that I download technically I am not doing anything wrong. Though I understand the laws are different all around the world, I think that the developer of a program such as HEN is not responsible for what people do with the program they created be legal or illegal

Cryox

Bro.
that is probably fake. there are just a few screenshots that could have been made on a normal psp slim or w/e.

But if this is real. Props to the guy that made it. hopefully they will find a way to make it so it is more secure, and attempts to make sure the ISO is yours, and not from teh net.

Teverek

Well if you take the time to read the comments you see that the site mods have even questioned this and it turns out MR easturkey is an idiot with -5 knowledge of the inner workings of the psp or how to program for it ( not saying I do but I also dont go and post dribble on websites claiming I am making programs).

In the comments APPARENTLY he has changed his target from "owhened" to a devhook update...... Can you see retard alert light flashin? I sure can.

Sliderkk

2. RESTRICTIONS
You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP

HEN-A

Contributer
Lol if this ISO Loader stuff is real then I really dont care about anymore updates for this HEN.If Davee plans to block more stuff then ill just alternate ;).

Watch people complain now about this whole piracy and modifying Davees work without permisson.But I guarantee you if this ISO Loader is real and released the same people who were all up tight on this issue will be thanking the creator.

Sliderkk

I dont think that davee would block it and I highly recommend he ignores it because anyone with half a brain would just have 2 copies of the hen if they want the luxury of both image loading and any new features.

HEN-A

Contributer
Exactly :).So in my opnion Davee creating blocks in his HEN is pointless in someways.Just alternate when you want to play ISO's just change the H.bin File to the older version and you are good to go.

qwertywar

I dont think that davee would block it and I highly recommend he ignores it because anyone with half a brain would just have 2 copies of the hen if they want the luxury of both image loading and any new features.

I agree with that ! Who are we kidding ... it was just a matter of time until someone did an ISO loader and it would also only be a matter of time before someone broke the protection on HEN if one is was ever implemented.

I don't think Davee is naive enough to waste his time putting in an ISO protection. It would only be counter-productive for the scene in general.

My guess is that Davee's decision to avoid putting in an ISO loader in HEN relates more to the fact the he wants to limit potential legal liability while ensuring the survival of the HEN. It would be hard to believe that he didn't expect someone to build an ISO loader and take the legal blame.

It is just a smart move for the HEN developer to not publically support ISO's. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if a working ISO loader was not already made but was just being kept private by other devs (such as Miriam/MaGiXieN).

Sliderkk

What I keep telling my self is that if Dark_Alex cracked Sony's firmware, someone can certainly crack Davee's HEN.

Leecher

I hope the new HEN will not be able to run ISO Loader, and it's a shame that so many people want it for their so-called UMD "backups".

I think not.

qwertywar

I hope the new HEN will not be able to run ISO Loader, and it's a shame that so many people want it for their so-called UMD "backups".

I think not.

Sylar, it has nothing to do with "so-called UMD backups" ... it is a matter of choice. Don't kid yourself. The ones who would normally run UMD "back-ups" are not out there buying more games because an ISO loader isn't out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.