• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Case size, please help!!!

Seth

MD Party Room
To me if I getting a p45 motherboard...I go and jump the ship and get DRR3 ram for about 35 bucks more...

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDP45SG LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

But that motherboard doesnt overclock well( So if you pick this go back to the q8200) ...But for me I feel ddr3 and a 45 is a better speed improvement over oc a 65 anyway... Since I almost never see any cpu(quad) that sits above 2.5 get used to it max...While Ram on the other hand does...Plus DDR2 is from 2004 it starting to get old..

ilyace

I honestly don't think DDR3 ram is worth it right now. Plus I just don't see the Q8200 going anywhere, imo unless you're going for a Q9450+ the Q6600 is your best bet.

ilyace

With the Gigabyte board I selected, some people have reached 670 fsb...670 FSB!?!?!?!?!? You will never ever reach that with an nvidia board.

Seth

MD Party Room
I honestly don't think DDR3 ram is worth it right now. Plus I just don't see the Q8200 going anywhere, imo unless you're going for a Q9450+ the Q6600 is your best bet.
It not so bad for a extra 35 bucks...Plus it really used less power than DDR2 and may just keeo things a little cooler..Plus the extra benefits of DDR 3...But W/E that just my 2 cents...

Sullivan

Ok, I think I might be able to sell this 50$ itunes to someone for 35$, I am in for a loss, but I need the extra money for the new ram.

What is the true difference between the Q8200 and the Q6600, I don't understand why I should go with the Q8200 if I am not going to oc.

ilyace

Ok, I think I might be able to sell this 50$ itunes to someone for 35$, I am in for a loss, but I need the extra money for the new ram.

What is the true difference between the Q8200 and the Q6600, I don't understand why I should go with the Q8200 if I am not going to oc.

The Q6600 is a 65nm cpu, while the Q8200 is a 45nm cpu. This means that 1. It runs cooler 2. It uses less power 3. Clock for clock 45nm cpus are faster than others.

However, you're going to be overclocking, so the Q6600 is the better choice. Imo even if you weren't going to overclock the Q6600 would still be the better choice.

Sullivan

If I find someone to buy this 50$ itunes for 35$, I will be getting this ram instead of the gskill:

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

And remember, I have everything else from my old PC, Such as SATA drives, DVD drive, PSU, ect.

Heres the setup:

screenshotyc2.png

Sullivan

Because it is what I have found ram for and is compatible with everything. But am I good to go?

ilyace

On the Gigabyte mobo, it says 1333mhz ram, but it is backwards compatible...It will work and it is the better choice. But other than that you are good to go.

Sullivan

Ok, just wanted to make sure, because that ram says its SLi, and the motorboard doesn't say anything about sli

ilyace

AHAHAHA...just kidding. That just means the ram is sli ready, but the sli features on ram doesn't really help at all. The combo will be fine.

Sullivan

Wait, your kidding about what? lol

Grand Total: $620.94 - Including 31.01 for shipping.

They should really have free shipping on high $$$ amounts.