• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NDS Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Joey

Haha, online would've been the best bet.

Maybe if you bought it along with a "manly" game, such as GoW it would negate it.

I know, but I totally forgot this game was even coming out... And just I just found my DS like, 30 minutes ago.

Shit, I do want GoW... Man, I'm about to spend way more money than I wanted to :/

Scorned

I know, but I totally forgot this game was even coming out... And just I just found my DS like, 30 minutes ago.

Shit, I do want GoW... Man, I'm about to spend way more money than I wanted to :/

Is the pedometer edition more expensive or is it just like a free add on?

Yeah gotta love when a bunch of anticipated games all release in the same time span.

TeamOverload

I really doubt anyone will ask or question anything anyways haha. It looks kinda suspicious if you just blurt out that it's for a kids birthday out of the blue. That makes you look more guilty of purchasing it for yourself :p

Joey

I'm sad to say, I think, after 15 years, I've finally burned out on Pokemon. This just isn't grabbing me like it used to. I haven't actually finished a pokemon game since the original Gold version, but I used to at least barrel through 10-20 hours, before I would burn out.

I'm too hours in, and I'm just kinda bored :/ I dunno, maybe it's just because I didn't have marijuana, and netflix before.

The pokewalker is pretty cool though. Since I can pretty much round out my roster with it, I can pick any starter I want with out having to worry about not getting past the early gym leaders.

I don't know, we'll see if it ever grabs me.

TeamOverload

The games always start off a bit slow though in my opinion. I'm sure once you get further into it, it'll suck you back in. I just started playing not too long ago, brings back some serious memories.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yup played for about 4 hours straight and didn't even realize it.

I still love a good Pokemon game, very addicting. Yeah it does have a slow start, but once you get maybe past your first or second badge it gets back into that addicting mode.

TeamOverload

I've loved what I've seen, but, err, my "copy" keeps crashing randomly.

Oh, and in reference to my original Pokemon Silver save, I have named my rival ???, because back then I actually thought that was his name.

Same problem here. Had it happen about three times so far. Not sure if there is a patch available or what, but these random crashes are annoying for sure.

Joey

Well, I just played for about 3 hours... I think I've changed my mind :D

Although, I think my pokewalker fell out at the gym... FUCK! Buying this game from an old man at wal-mart was embarassing enough. I don't know how I'm gonna ask if anybody turned in my fucking tomagachi toy >_>

I really liked that thing too.

TeamOverload

I caved in and actually bought SoulSilver this weekend. Can't wait to go to class with my Pokewalker, that's gonna make me a cool kid xD

Joey

I caved in and actually bought SoulSilver this weekend. Can't wait to go to class with my Pokewalker, that's gonna make me a cool kid xD

The Pokewalker is pretty awesome... It makes building a well-rounded party in the early stages a breeze. I'm seriously pissed that I lost mine :mad:.

Riorio99

In the original games, when you first battle the rival, it just shows his name as ???, and you get to name him later. I, like many others, thought that ??? was indeed his name, and you have to tall a policeman. Not wanting to lie to the cops, I told them what I thought his name was.

TeamOverload

Haha yeah I remember that, but I just didn't think people would really believe that ??? is someone's possible name. I get where you're coming from though.

So just got my first badge. DS is about to die and I have work in a little bit though, so I'm probably just gonna take my PokeWalker with me. Also, a word of warning from what I've read online. If a pokemon levels up to the a level where they would learn a move while inside the PokeWalker, that Pokemon forfits the chance to learn that move automatically, so be careful when putting a Pokemon into the walker, and be sure to check their move set to make sure that they wouldn't be learning a move at the next level.