• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33 Update #2

gnash

ok i did my beat to read all the post (cheez) and maybe i did not read enough or i could be slow. I installed the 3.52 m33 today and it works like a charm, tried to run an NES emulator and it would not load. I think i need to install the -2 update but it appears it only corrects PSONE emulators and not others?
Am i over/under reading or is the -2 update where i need to be, also would there then be recovry screen adjustments i need to make, do not recall seeing the advanced tab but hae changed the UMD option in config did not see a change there, also on a different note i have a .cso of a game that shows up on my memstick but sits on load forever, will 3.52 m33 not support cso, i heard you can play iso but obviously a cso is a diff file type, any input would be appreciated. (been running 1.50 forever and like the remote play option on 3.52 want to keep it but also keep my homebrew/emulators)
Thanks again

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok i did my beat to read all the post (cheez) and maybe i did not read enough or i could be slow. I installed the 3.52 m33 today and it works like a charm, tried to run an NES emulator and it would not load. I think i need to install the -2 update but it appears it only corrects PSONE emulators and not others?
Am i over/under reading or is the -2 update where i need to be, also would there then be recovry screen adjustments i need to make, do not recall seeing the advanced tab but hae changed the UMD option in config did not see a change there, also on a different note i have a .cso of a game that shows up on my memstick but sits on load forever, will 3.52 m33 not support cso, i heard you can play iso but obviously a cso is a diff file type, any input would be appreciated. (been running 1.50 forever and like the remote play option on 3.52 want to keep it but also keep my homebrew/emulators)
Thanks again

You should update to 3.52 M33-4:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

Also when you are on 3.52 M33-4 go into recovery mode and change the ISO mode to Sony NP9660. This should fix your problems with CSOs.

gnash

ok got the -4 update and all went well with the install, my cso still seems to get stuck at load (maybe its bad, at work and can't try another) But still cannot get my two emulators to work, both come back with the game cannot be started error (code 8002014c) did i not do something right the the -4 update? - did change to the np9660 like you said must be missing something else..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok got the -4 update and all went well with the install, my cso still seems to get stuck at load (maybe its bad, at work and can't try another) But still cannot get my two emulators to work, both come back with the game cannot be started error (code 8002014c) did i not do something right the the -4 update? - did change to the np9660 like you said must be missing something else..

Try making a GAME150 folder alongside GAME and move the emulator folders in there.

gnash

ok got the emulators to work, assuming my cso either is not supported or is corrupt since i got an iso to play with no problems. Now next and probably last question i am going to have for awhile is when trying to do remote play option to my ps3 it says the psp requires a system update. Now it looks like there is a 3.71 m33 release also do i need that instead of the 3.52 and will i then loose my emu and iso capabilities? if anyone knows please pass along the info cause as it stands remote play to my ps3 is the only thing i am missing, i can play my nes emulators my iso games and regular umd games if i can remote play ps3 then i will be as close to heaven as a non cgi mortal can be

january39

eXo Staff
Every time I run 3.52 M33 Update #2, it says that the game could not be started, can somebody tell me what to do???

Is the Update placed in the GAME fodler, so ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

Is the UMD mode set to M33 or np9660.

Your certain you have 3.52M33 and not just 3.52 OFW.

Check kernel is set to 3.52

january39

eXo Staff
D/l update #4 and try that, i am sure the need to go 1,2,3 in order is not required.

or

Reset flash1 and try

and finally,

Hit the UPT link in my sig, make your MMS, then your pandora and go straight to 5.00M33.

january39

eXo Staff
D/l update #4 and try that, i am sure the need to go 1,2,3 in order is not required.

or

Reset flash1 and try

and finally,

Hit the UPT link in my sig, make your MMS, then your pandora and go straight to 5.00M33.

VampireAili

Is the Update placed in the GAME fodler, so ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

Is the UMD mode set to M33 or np9660.

Your certain you have 3.52M33 and not just 3.52 OFW.

Check kernel is set to 3.52

It is in the update folder, I set my UMD to both of those, I do have 3.52M33, and I set the kernel to 3.52, It's still not working, anything else I should try????