• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33 Update #2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi I have a problem similar to fearlex. My PSP CFW is 3.52 M33-4. I encountered an error saying "game could not be started..." then I read this forum and learned that I have to disabled some of the configs under the recovery menu, both in configuration, Advanced -> Advanced Configuration. I did it and was able to play the games saved in my MS but after using a wallpaper saved in my MS, the settings I just configured returned to it's previous configuration resulting to the same error I encountered before. Looks like using a wallpaper reverts the setting. Well the solution as of now is not to use a wallpaper at all :( any advice? thanks!

@nicolojaime: are you sure your flash1 is properly set up? First connect a USB cable, enter Recovery mode, then go to Advance and toggle flash1 USB. Make sure you have a "vsh" folder there. Inside the vsh folder should be a "theme" folder.

hi i got another problem can some1 help :( when i get some games and put them on the PSP it comes up with an error Transferring the games file is corrupt or something and when its going ti freezes and closes it i have 3.52M33 Phat PSP thanks =)

@PSP_user: sounds like a bad USB cable... that wouldn't be caused by the firmware.

PSP_user

Hi i got a Problem Again :( i want to Upgrade to 3.71M33 but it wont let me i have 3.52M33-4 and when i click on the Icon it Update from Game on the PSP it says: Requires 3.52M33-3 or higher to update

Some1 help me plz :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi i got a Problem Again :( i want to Upgrade to 3.71M33 but it wont let me i have 3.52M33-4 and when i click on the Icon it Update from Game on the PSP it says: Requires 3.52M33-3 or higher to update

Some1 help me plz :(

You need to enter Recovery mode by holding R during bootup and in Configuration, switch the GAME folder kernel homebrew setting to 3.52.

EeveeXIII

Thanks x3sphere for the help
everything works fine
one last question...
can i delete all the update files and all that stuff relavent to it on my memory stick? or would that mess me up in some way?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks x3sphere for the help
everything works fine
one last question...
can i delete all the update files and all that stuff relavent to it on my memory stick? or would that mess me up in some way?

Yes, you can.

soda13

er, i have a problem. i am currently running on 3.52 m33 without any updates yet. i did what you guys said about disabling confugurations and all and it works fine. thing is, whenever i set a wallpaper, the settings in the recovery menu revert back to default.so now i have to go to the recovery menu and disable settig=ngs just to play iso's again. when the xmb loads up, the wallpapers gone. so i set it again, settings go back to default AGAIN, it's an endless loop. please help me fix this, thanks in advance guys!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
er, i have a problem. i am currently running on 3.52 m33 without any updates yet. i did what you guys said about disabling confugurations and all and it works fine. thing is, whenever i set a wallpaper, the settings in the recovery menu revert back to default.so now i have to go to the recovery menu and disable settig=ngs just to play iso's again. when the xmb loads up, the wallpapers gone. so i set it again, settings go back to default AGAIN, it's an endless loop. please help me fix this, thanks in advance guys!

Did you try formatting flash1 via the recovery menu?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
crap.. sorry if i'm wasting your time but i'm such a noob at this.. how do i do that..? thanks man..

Hold R during bootup. Your PSP should boot to a black menu screen, then go to Advanced and there should be an option to format1 there.

soda13

hehe...

Hold R during bootup. Your PSP should boot to a black menu screen, then go to Advanced and there should be an option to format1 there.

all i'm getting is 1. advanced configuration 2. toggle usb (flash0) and 3. toggle usb (flash1). when i click on the toggle usb (flash1) the folders dic, gps, net, registry, vsh and a file config.se pop up onto my computer screen.. should i delete all these files?
thanks for entertaining my questions...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
all i'm getting is 1. advanced configuration 2. toggle usb (flash0) and 3. toggle usb (flash1). when i click on the toggle usb (flash1) the folders dic, gps, net, registry, vsh and a file config.se pop up onto my computer screen.. should i delete all these files?
thanks for entertaining my questions...

There should be an option that reads "Format flash1 and reset settings." I definitely remember it being in 3.52 M33, although maybe it was added to the M33-4 update.

Try updating to M33-4 if you haven't already:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

soda13

nice

sorry for double posting..
i updated to 3.52 m33-4, so i formatted the flash1 like u told me, and i set my wallpaper, then i tried loading an iso, and it worked! the only thing is, when i exit the game and return to the xmb, wallpaper's gone..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sorry for double posting..
i updated to 3.52 m33-4, so i formatted the flash1 like u told me, and i set my wallpaper, then i tried loading an iso, and it worked! the only thing is, when i exit the game and return to the xmb, wallpaper's gone..

Odd, well in recovery mode connect a USB cord to the PSP and go to "Toggle flash1 USB"

Go inside of vsh, and make sure you have a wallpaper folder there. If not, create it.

Apart from that you might want to try shutting off your PSP after setting a wallpaper and then turning it back on and see if the wallpaper stays.

soda13

ur good

Odd, well in recovery mode connect a USB cord to the PSP and go to "Toggle flash1 USB"

Go inside of vsh, and make sure you have a wallpaper folder there. If not, create it.

Apart from that you might want to try shutting off your PSP after setting a wallpaper and then turning it back on and see if the wallpaper stays.

woah yeah, i tried setting a wallpaper and shutting it down, when i rebooted it wasn't thre anymore. haha.. i tried making the vsh and it worked, dude you're the best! i have one more noob question if you don't mind.. what are the advantages of 3.71 m33-3 over 3.52 m33-4, if there are any, and personally, which do you prefer? thanks a lot. i just got started in modding my psp last night so i'm still learning.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
woah yeah, i tried setting a wallpaper and shutting it down, when i rebooted it wasn't thre anymore. haha.. i tried making the vsh and it worked, dude you're the best! i have one more noob question if you don't mind.. what are the advantages of 3.71 m33-3 over 3.52 m33-4, if there are any, and personally, which do you prefer? thanks a lot. i just got started in modding my psp last night so i'm still learning.

Personally I prefer 3.71 M33. But it is not for everyone. Homebrew is not as compatible with 3.71 M33, unless you install the 1.5 kernel patch. Plus some people have odd issues with 3.71 M33 that result in bricking.

So... being that you're new to the PSP scene, I would recommend staying on 3.52 M33-4 for now, until you get more familiar with custom firmware. In the end there are really no advantages of running 3.71 M33, aside from the fact its running 3.71 kernel as opposed to 3.52.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
There are some advantages to 3.71. The vsh menu is more user friendly and handy. Extra options like using .ptf theme. More psone support and alot of cool plugins are made for 3.71 m33 now.

soda13

thanks!

Personally I prefer 3.71 M33. But it is not for everyone. Homebrew is not as compatible with 3.71 M33, unless you install the 1.5 kernel patch. Plus some people have odd issues with 3.71 M33 that result in bricking.

So... being that you're new to the PSP scene, I would recommend staying on 3.52 M33-4 for now, until you get more familiar with custom firmware. In the end there are really no advantages of running 3.71 M33, aside from the fact its running 3.71 kernel as opposed to 3.52.

thanks a lot!! i'll do as u say and stay on 3.52 m33-4 for now :biggrin:

now i'm trying out emu's for my psp. i tried snes9xTYL 0.4, and it works, but it makes the gameplay so slow.. any way to fix this..? thanks!

robyiscool

hi to all, i'm new here and i'm a psp noob. i wanna ask why some of the games are not running on ma psp. i have succeccfully running tekken:dr, worms 1 and 2, exit, fifa street, all iso's and cso's, but games like nfs:most wanted and brian lara pressure play just refuse to play, these games start but they got stuck in their loading menus, i tried downloading from different links but no progress. i'm on 3.52 m33.

Acerthief

hi to all, i'm new here and i'm a psp noob. i wanna ask why some of the games are not running on ma psp. i have succeccfully running tekken:dr, worms 1 and 2, exit, fifa street, all iso's and cso's, but games like nfs:most wanted and brian lara pressure play just refuse to play, these games start but they got stuck in their loading menus, i tried downloading from different links but no progress. i'm on 3.52 m33.

Delete the file and buy the UMD. You'll never have the problem.