• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33 Update #2

ki2120

ei guys, got the upgrade working fine but i'm encountering the same problem as fearlex.. when i put a wallpaper, save it and use it. then load a game, when i'm done playing, go back to the main screen, my wallpaper is gone. same thing when i turn it off with the wallpaper , when i turn it on the wallpaper is gone. hope you could help... Thanks

Acerthief

hm.... try updating to update 4 and see.
HERE's the update link. give it a shot first :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

ki2120

just finished updating my psp, but still the same problem with the wallpaper. games work perfectly though. anyway already tried restoring to default settings a few times.. oh well, maybe i just have to bear with this until a solution comes up. i love this forum its very useful.

Acerthief

have you tried formatting your flash1?
sound not cool but maybe it can solve your problem. then make all the nessesary files with "Space for everything v1.9".

EDIT: HERE is the link. In the program go to Extra -> Fix BSoD -> Fix the BSoD by restoring the flash1 backup.
You don't need a backup, as the main purpose of doing this is to make all the folders needed in flash1.
The loss of doing this you'll lose some of the PSP settings.

Acerthief

it's an amatuer programmer's work. so you decide if it's trustworthy
basically i don't use it myself, i just do it manually by hand, but it's a complicated step so i wouldn't recommend for most users.

as for the folder placing.... put the "Space for everything" folder into ms0:/PSP/GAME150.
Dont care about the BOOT folder, you don't need it.

I'm not responsible if it bricked though. i just tried the procedure myself and it's okay though.

Your call. :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You know that 3.52 M33 already has a format flash1 option in the recovery menu?

Just hold R during bootup then go to Advanced -> format flash1

Acerthief

You know that 3.52 M33 already has a format flash1 option in the recovery menu?

Just hold R during bootup then go to Advanced -> format flash1

just what i mean. format flash1 under the recovery menu and add nesssary folders with the app. :D

Eizervalknir

BSOD Problems

Hmm... I've might have a similar problem to ki2120.

So basically, I've got 3.52 M33-4. I later downloaded a theme (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=513767) and installed it. Works fine. Later, I notice that the font interfered with some of my games (font size too big), so I decided to replace the changed "font" folder with the one from a Flash0 backup. However, it said that there wasn't enough space to do so, which was strange. This is probably the source of the problem.

Later, booting up again, I encounter a BSOD. Pressing Circle to restore settings and whatnot doesn't work (or works, but resets almost immediately). After resetting twice, iR shell boots up. I can still do things in iR shell, however.

I've tried formatting Flash1 already. Didn't work. Any suggestions?

(Also, I've noticed that there's a guide to installing Custom XMB's without flashing. Should've done that instead. :glare: )

Acerthief

Well the fonts interfearing cannot be done.
You must realize the NAND of the old PSP is very small, be sure to check the "Space Left" on the computer everytime you are going to flash something. So it's not strange at all.

Now in your situation, I'd prefer re-flashing your Firmware, because i believe that your flash0:/FONT is too messed up your psp can't fix it with the BSoD.

Follow THIS guide first to go back to 1.5,
Then follow HERE to install 3.52M33, and last update to 3.52M33-4.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Makes sense, I'm guessing the other guy did something similar.

When you first load the wallpaper image, it tries to flash it but also loads the image in RAM. So that's why it shows up initially, but not after playing a game or shutting off the PSP. It's probably not flashing the image because there is not enough space left.

Like Acer said it is best to reflash. Although there no need to go back to 1.5, just run the full 3.52 M33 installer again.

ki2120

you guys are great, after doing all that stuff i've finally fixed the problem with my psp. thanks a lot!!!

nicolojaime

Hi I have a problem similar to fearlex. My PSP CFW is 3.52 M33-4. I encountered an error saying "game could not be started..." then I read this forum and learned that I have to disabled some of the configs under the recovery menu, both in configuration, Advanced -> Advanced Configuration. I did it and was able to play the games saved in my MS but after using a wallpaper saved in my MS, the settings I just configured returned to it's previous configuration resulting to the same error I encountered before. Looks like using a wallpaper reverts the setting. Well the solution as of now is not to use a wallpaper at all :( any advice? thanks!

PSP_user

hi i got another problem can some1 help :( when i get some games and put them on the PSP it comes up with an error Transferring the games file is corrupt or something and when its going ti freezes and closes it i have 3.52M33 Phat PSP thanks =)