• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

Gerrard

i reformat it and put the UPDATE folder into PSP/GAME/update! but still it show corrupt file, cannot be start icon. wad shd i do now?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i reformat it and put the UPDATE folder into PSP/GAME/update! but still it show corrupt file, cannot be start icon. wad shd i do now?

no, the UPDATE folder doesn't go inside of PSP/GAME/UPDATE

I'm saying you should have a UPDATE folder inside of GAME, with the files that are included in the M33 zip.

Gerrard

ya! i get wad u mean already, insde the folder shd b eboot(rename to 371.pbp) and umodule.prx right? but still it cant, still corrupted.. any configuaration to adjust? i already configure it into 3.52kernel game folder...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ya! i get wad u mean already, insde the folder shd b eboot(rename to 371.pbp) and umodule.prx right? but still it cant, still corrupted.. any configuaration to adjust? i already configure it into 3.52kernel game folder...

Yes that's right. Well I'm not sure what to tell you. Can you try with a different memory stick?

Gerrard

yes, i tried already. but still the same, gt any idea? as from my psp, i change the font icon battery and volume bar...does those theme affect the setting?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes, i tried already. but still the same, gt any idea? as from my psp, i change the font icon battery and volume bar...does those theme affect the setting?

nope, theme shouldn't affect anything.

question: do any homebrew applications show up correctly for you?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
homebrew application? wad do u mean by dat? i'm kind of confuse rite now...

any program for the PSP. Like a game, emulator, etc. Does it show up?

Are you sure you didn't overwrite the EBOOT.PBP in the UPDATE folder with something else?

Gerrard

don have! i nv paly those kind of gameboy game. i re-downloaded it and re-xtract but still show corrupt file? mayb in recovery mode, do i have to do setting?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Gerrard

for the addon150kernael, i have to find 150updater and put inside update folder rite? but when it load, it say inexist...file, why?

Nitcheyman1

The fact that DAX and M33 are the same will haunt me forever

Also, this stupid thing is driving me insane. i have a fat psp with 3.52m33-4 but the 3.71m33 update keeps telling me that i need 3.52-3 or higher. last i checked 4 was higher then 3. What would do that

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The fact that DAX and M33 are the same will haunt me forever

Also, this stupid thing is driving me insane. i have a fat psp with 3.52m33-4 but the 3.71m33 update keeps telling me that i need 3.52-3 or higher. last i checked 4 was higher then 3. What would do that

You need go into Recovery mode by holding R during bootup and change the GAME folder kernel setting to 3.52.

Droid1

I have install m33 3.71-2 and I've been having a few probs with it on my psp fat. Is it possible to go back to m33 3.52 firmware? What do I have to do? Just run the 3.52 update?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have install m33 3.71-2 and I've been having a few probs with it on my psp fat. Is it possible to go back to m33 3.52 firmware? What do I have to do? Just run the 3.52 update?

EDIT: Don't try this, as it will cause a brick (see below)

Instead, follow this guide to downgrade to 1.50, and then upgrade to 3.52 M33.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1508

Droid1

Did you install the 1.5 kernel patch for 3.71 M33? If so, then yeah follow the 3.52 M33 install guide as normal.

:mad1: I had the kernal patch so I tried to go back to 3.52 and guess what? my psp is now bricked with no recovery!!!

WTF I'm pretty mad over here, never should have upgraded in the first place....:mad1: