• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

reggierabbit

I got them going, but why cant you use stuff from previous firmwares, what difference does it make?

How can i make custom gameboots for 3.17 M33?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got them going, but why cant you use stuff from previous firmwares, what difference does it make?

How can i make custom gameboots for 3.17 M33?

Thanks

That's because Sony changes the theme format with each new firmware. Custom 3.52 M33 gameboots *should* work on the new 3.71 M33, but make sure you've installed the 3.71 M33-2 update before flashing them.

nkv

I just bought my first psp. Where should I get all the initial info. on the firmwares. I read a lot about 3.71 M33 firmware, but is there any place where I can read out from the beginning. I just need to be aware of the whole thing, Jumping to the end is just not working for me. Please help.

reggierabbit

Long story, the 3.71 M33 firmware is one of many custom firmwares....In a place far far away, there once lived a 20 year old student known as Dark_Alex, his reign of glory started when he designed a custom firmware, this custom firmware had been redesigned from the original firmwares which were made by an empire called SONY! These legendary custom firmwares allowed home-made programs know as homebrew to be run on the psp. They also allowed backed up games to be played on the psp. Many other abilities of the legendary firmwares included, skipping the sony boot screen , changing cpu speeds and much more. As the great Dark_Alex continued creating these firmwares, he grew stronger until he was noticed by the empire, so he fled, leaving the scene of creating more firmwares. After his fleeing, a group of russian hackers known as M33 recreated these firmwares and continued its legend. Recently M33 released 3.71 M33 but there was one dark secret about M33.........."IT IS I, DARK_ALEX, I HAVE BEEN DISGUISED AS M33 ALL THIS TIME, HAHAHA, YOU WILL NEVER DESTROY ME SONY!!!". It is said he will never return but we will have to see what happens next....

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Long story, the 3.71 M33 firmware is one of many custom firmwares....In a place far far away, there once lived a 20 year old student known as Dark_Alex, his reign of glory started when he designed a custom firmware, this custom firmware had been redesigned from the original firmwares which were made by an empire called SONY! These legendary custom firmwares allowed home-made programs know as homebrew to be run on the psp. They also allowed backed up games to be played on the psp. Many other abilities of the legendary firmwares included, skipping the sony boot screen , changing cpu speeds and much more. As the great Dark_Alex continued creating these firmwares, he grew stronger until he was noticed by the empire, so he fled, leaving the scene of creating more firmwares. After his fleeing, a group of russian hackers known as M33 recreated these firmwares and continued its legend. Recently M33 released 3.71 M33 but there was one dark secret about M33.........."IT IS I, DARK_ALEX, I HAVE BEEN DISGUISED AS M33 ALL THIS TIME, HAHAHA, YOU WILL NEVER DESTROY ME SONY!!!". It is said he will never return but we will have to see what happens next....

haha,nice story...best i've read in a while.definately cheered me up in the middle of an information systems class.....(its business under a different name)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
:laugh: OH JEEZ. LMAO, +rep.

BorgmanJayce

Great job guys its working great but.....

Going to need to make a new joysens as it crashes game when loading (any1 using joysens will have to disable this option from the plugins menu or games will not boot up).
If u need joysens I suggest waiting for a new release of joysens b4 updating.

This is not a problem with the 3.71 M33 update its just a minor problem with joysens & its just a case of making a bug fix.

I was wondering why I couldn't boot up at all from my Memory Stick in the first place... I didn't even know that Joysens could cause that sort of problem... I take it the guy who created Joysens is aware of the problem and will come up with a bugfix as it's a godsend for me as I still have problems with my analog stick thanks to my faceplate being a pain in the ass...

On another note, is there a list of 3.71 M33 compatible plugins available anywhere?

reggierabbit

It would be cool if DA made something like the new theme changer in the new firmware but with full customization. And how come he cant make the updates like the official updates so they run on any firmware?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It would be cool if DA made something like the new theme changer in the new firmware but with full customization. And how come he cant make the updates like the official updates so they run on any firmware?

He can't because official firmwares only run encrypted EBOOTs. You can't really encrypt an EBOOT that the PSP will run without knowing Sony's private key.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What if he decrypted the eboot?

Well of course it is possible to decrypt the EBOOTs, otherwise OE / M33 wouldn't exist.

Anyways, once you decrypt though, its not possible to re-encrypt the file. So, once decrypted, the file won't run on official firmware.

Gerrard

What should i do?

i gt an problem to update to 3.71 m33. i using 3.52m33-4 but i follow the guide and it appear file corrupted in my psp, wad shd i do or check?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i gt an problem to update to 3.71 m33. i using 3.52m33-4 but i follow the guide and it appear file corrupted in my psp, wad shd i do or check?

Where did you place the UPDATE folder? X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE ?

Try formatting your memory stick and see if that helps.