• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:mad1: I had the kernal patch so I tried to go back to 3.52 and guess what? my psp is now bricked with no recovery!!!

WTF I'm pretty mad over here, never should have upgraded in the first place....:mad1:

Well I found out why you bricked. I'm guessing you have a TA-082 or TA-086 motherboard, as going from 3.71 M33 to 3.52 M33 worked fine on my TA-079 PSP.

What happened is that during the 3.71 M33 upgrade, idstorage key 5 is un-patched. When installing the 1.5 kernel, key 5 remains un-patched. If you downgrade to any previous custom firmware version or 1.50 with a un-patched key 5, it will brick.

I figured D_A re-patched key 5 when users install the 1.5 kernel patch to avoid issues like this, but apparently not. However there is a way to successfully downgrade by using Noobz's 3.50 downgrader on 3.71 M33, as it fixes the idstorage keys before downgrading. Too bad I didn't notice this before, but at least it will save others who attempt the same.

Thankfully bricks aren't exactly as bad as they used to be, since you can still recover with Pandora.

hbkshow

I'm not really sure if this is a 3.71M33 issue, or a 1.5 Kernel add-on v2 issue, but I am having a problem running certain PSX games. Some still work and some don't, and the games that don't work were fully functional before the upgrade from 3.52-4M33. I've read where other people had the issue after installing the 1.5 kernel, but I don't understand why it would cause this because my GAME folder is currently running the 3.71 kernel and not the 1.5.

If it is a 1.5 issue, is there someway to remove the 1.5 Add on? Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm not really sure if this is a 3.71M33 issue, or a 1.5 Kernel add-on v2 issue, but I am having a problem running certain PSX games. Some still work and some don't, and the games that don't work were fully functional before the upgrade from 3.52-4M33. I've read where other people had the issue after installing the 1.5 kernel, but I don't understand why it would cause this because my GAME folder is currently running the 3.71 kernel and not the 1.5.

If it is a 1.5 issue, is there someway to remove the 1.5 Add on? Thanks

Yeah, it seems that people do have problems with certain PSone games after installing the patch.

There's no way to just remove the add-on, you'll either have to create a Pandora battery and magic memory stick to install a fresh 3.71 M33-2, or downgrade back to 1.5 then install 3.52 M33, upgrade to 3.52 M33-4, then finally install 3.71 M33.

Pandora guide: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Downgrade guide: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1508

Personally I'd recommend going with Pandora and get a spare battery and memory stick, that way you can always easily recover back to 3.71 M33.

ncejay

help 3.71 to 3.71m33

PLZ HELP ive got 3.71 and when i try to put 3.71m33 on my psp it says theres no need to updat because im on 3.71

mr_perisher

Ummm.. I am a total n00b here, I just bought my PSP Slim. And I want to get it to 3.71 M33 what should I do. I am currently at 3.60 (official)..
I need a full guide from my 3.60 (official) to this 3.71 M33.
Please help me! ^^

gingko66

Hi,

I need help.I have 30300ec r+ version.Some newer games won't play off the .iso folder.I get "the game could not be started (80020148) error's.

How can I upgrade?..

Thanks

mrbassusini

<p>I have the 4.01 but it doesn't start my iso games on the memory card and I downloaded the 3.71 software, when X click on the psp to start the update it says "The system software of your PSP system is version 4.01. There is no need to update." help solve the problem pls.</p>

bloop234

<p>When I go to the PSP Update to get the 3.71 M33 whatever, it says that my PSP is version 6.20, so there is no need to update, how do I do it then?</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>When I go to the PSP Update to get the 3.71 M33 whatever, it says that my PSP is version 6.20, so there is no need to update, how do I do it then?</p>

You need a pandora battery if you have a phat psp, if you have a slim you need to research some more. If you got a 3000 then your out of luck. Same if you have a Go.

Hit the link in my sig.