• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Developers Thread

Davee

lolhax
So, I know there is approx 3 programmers on this forums so far, so I thought I'd start a Development Thread.

So what are you working on?

Do you plan to release it?

etc?

Atm I'm going through the paf and updating all my nids. It's a time consuming job but the end result is worth it.

TacticalPenguin

meh.... depending on my work ethic, mood, time of day, position of the sun, and spark of ideas, i will be working on one of the following:
a. nothing (80%)
b. some online game that im not sure if itll be one game or another, probly another since thats easier, but i cant work on it much since i can't make up my damn mind on how everything should be (4%)
c. clone of or extremely similar game to desktop tower defense (6%)
d. some rpg to show the "Hi I started lua a week ago and now I am making final fantasy for psp" people how to do it (7%)
c. a script to do some of my homework for me (3%)

i suppose i have grown a bit bored of general psp homebrew game development, i like to just ponder ideas and think more.... i have thought out all kinds of concepts and ideas but there is so much I don't know, so i try to learn it, but what i already do know can create so much i can never pick something to make.... i suppose im stuck until i gtfo of my lua pit and get serious with c++

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I've got a small-ish game in the works for a release around Christmas. If I really worked at it, I could have it out in a matter of days, but I really can't be bothered too, to be honest. Odds are it won't get much of a response, considering the same sort of game has been done on PSP time and time again, so I'd say I'm making it for personal gain, to become a more experienced programmer.

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Lately I've been messing with Adhoc/Gamesharing a lot, but I'm not planning on releasing anything.
I seriously think the SDK should be more documented, 'cause every time I need to use an un-popular function that's not used a lot I have to mess with it for hours. (sceAdhocPTP*)
But I guess that's just a part of the fun :)

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Not everyone's good at reverse engineering Davee :p
SilverSpring posts all these random functions that no one knows about on his blog from time to time, some of them look useful.
I've went that way before, I used a function to restart the kernel (like M33 does when you launch a game these days). Dax used to have a list of all the known functions (to him) on his site, but now it's SilverSpring's job to find the unknown NIDs :p

SilverSpring's blog
His PRX Library documentation

Fun.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Is there no usergroup for devs here? Not so that they have more privledges, just so that they're recognised. I mean, I'm a lua dev, and a bad one at that, so I wouldn't be too bothered, but I think it'd be nice for a few other developers here. Just a thought.

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Freshmilk said:
Is there no usergroup for devs here? Not so that they have more privledges, just so that they're recognised. I mean, I'm a lua dev, and a bad one at that, so I wouldn't be too bothered, but I think it'd be nice for a few other developers here. Just a thought.
That's being put into consideration as we speak, it's one of the future plans.
We'll announce the news on the site (after it's finished being coded) if we add/remove anything.

Slasher

Suck It
eldiablov said:
One day I will force myself to experiment with the jello physics library ...

One day :/
I should probably finish up that blob volleyball game I was working on a couple of months ago... I haven't touched it since lol

Davee

lolhax
eldiablov said:
One day I will force myself to experiment with the jello physics library ...

One day I will force myself to make a custom firmware...

xDDD

Bran

Yell
I've done a little bit of work programing on the PSP in LUA, but I got distracted and that was like 2 years ago.

I've done a little with flash tho.

Davee

lolhax
Freshmilk said:
I saw your system software unlimited charactors plug in. Off topic, but nice work, dude. :tup:

Thanks. It's not off topic anyway. Basically, this is a (PSP) dev chat thread. So its cool =D

eldiablov

Contributor
Davee said:
Reverse vshctrl, nao.

I hate you xD

K, all you have to do is explain structs and pointers to me and i'll give it a try. I understand references to the sce2 struct or whatever like ->modname etc. But not actually accessing a struct that you dont even know exists ...