• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Developers Thread

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Working on that one ftb2 cheat device to deter people from using cheats that might actually hurt the game. Other than that, I'm not knowledgeable enough to do much else.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah so after getting up off my lazy ass I decided to actually code something efficiently for a change. Some card game I want to play in college via wifi with my friends :)

Hellcat

Contributor
I'd like to make a game, got a finished concept for nice space shooter.... but I know NOTHING about how to actually do graphics on the PSP :-/

But I'm planning on getting all that PSP GU stuff into my head and try :)

Just no idea when that's happening....

Access_Denied

I are PSP programmer. :D

I'm programming for the DS right now though. We'll finally have an awesome, expandable version of Sokoban for the DS. :D

A_Nub

Developer
I finally decided to drop by here. But yeah im working mainly on the iPhone now. Meh, maybe Ill port my stuff over to psp. We will see.

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
I finally decided to drop by here. But yeah im working mainly on the iPhone now. Meh, maybe Ill port my stuff over to psp. We will see.

Fun, I got my iPhone a week ago.
Do you code for Cydia or AppStore?

Porting iPhone applications to the PSP is rather hard, considering that the interface iPhone uses is a lot more powerful than the PSP's.

A_Nub

Developer
What? How so.

I am pretty sure that the psp is better for gaming, since it has physical buttons and a better GPU, what do you mean by interfaces?

Moca

Maybe i'll work out structs and pointers in MIPS and then do a fake cfwxD

I know your post is rather old, but no one seems to have replied to the first portion of it. I'm not sure if you were being serious or not regarding structures and pointers, but I will assume you were.

There aren't really "pointers in MIPS." There are instructions to load values from specific addresses in RAM. You could rewrite memory loads as pointers if you reversed the assembly into C or some other high level language that uses them.

Values in structures are simply accessed by their offsets from the base of the structure. Compile some code in C and attempt to reconstruct the original C from it to gain an idea of what is going on.

Playboy

Heh, i'm working on a simple calculator/ conversion application for a friend of mine. It is capable of calculating the BMI, celc -> fahr, cm conversions and many more. Nothing much really :p

EvilSeph

Administrator
Somewhat offtopic, but I think you'll forgive me ;) - a few of you have expressed interest in us adding a programming section and I'd like some sort of hard data to present to the staff when suggesting we do so, so... leave a reply stating you'd like it (and, if you can, provide a reason why) and I'll see what I can do. :)

Moca

Somewhat offtopic, but I think you'll forgive me ;) - a few of you have expressed interest in us adding a programming section and I'd like some sort of hard data to present to the staff when suggesting we do so, so... leave a reply stating you'd like it (and, if you can, provide a reason why) and I'll see what I can do. :)

Developers need to be given their own sub-forum for development in general. "Development in general" can include debugging, language tutorials, general programming discussion, and tips/tricks/code snippets for other developers to use.

In the programming forum, tags should be created for languages such as C, PHP, and Perl *shudder*. In addition to this, a help forum should be created. This way, people who need help can ask questions regarding the language that they need help with in a forum that they can feel comfortable in and from people they know. Developers with experience can provide support for whatever is needed.

By creating a programming forum, you will give developers a place to share ideas, help less experienced developers, and argue about why C# is such a great language and why http should be coded in it instead of perl.

Slasher

Suck It
^ What Moca said

I totally agree, I just hope that it doesn't turn into the waste of space that the QJ Developer's Dungeon was.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Moca, are you talking about a general dev forum (not particular to PSP)? I ask because you basically described the purpose of the forum we are currently in although it's specific to PSP; unlike QJ we have a separate forum for releases/discussion.

Moca

Moca, are you talking about a general dev forum (not particular to PSP)? I ask because you basically described the purpose of the forum we are currently in although it's specific to PSP; unlike QJ we have a separate forum for releases/discussion.

I'm suggesting a general development section. That way, PSP development can be covered in addition to other platforms.

By creating a development forum for a specific console such as the PSP, discussion would be limited to programming on that console. I think that without this limit, developers can feel more relaxed in discussing what they love.