• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Error Code List

Darkchild

The Doctor
Before I begin let me just get something straight, This is a post ONLY to tell you the problem, if you don't know how to solve it, post here, do NOT -rep me for many people worked hard to find these problems!

is is a list of error codes for people to know the problem! so..let's begin and contribute if you can :)

--Sintax--
8000 ????
8002 is the kernel
8001 is the standard libc

--DAX FW ONLY--
DADADADA - Running a FW Update in DAX custom FW
80020321 - Ran a game that doesn't support NO-UMD
80020148 - Unsupported PRX type | This error also seems to appear when you are running an iso with a fake mem. stick
80000001 - Got it when trying to run PSP filer version 3.6 on 3.40 firmware (probably a kernel selection problem)
98765432 - Selected a language who's font has been removed. DAX FW ONLY ERROR!

--Networking--
8001006F - Remote Play connection error. Most likely when no PS3 is sending a signal over your network.
80110404 - Network error, try restore default settings to fix
00000001 - WiFi error. Occurs when no access points are detected in official 3.7X and custom 3.7X firmware.**
80410A0B - Loose WiFi card
80410702 - Your firmware MAC address does not match the PSP's MAC address
80410A05 - Disconnected from server or Access point (Try reconnecting!)
80431075 - Wrong password on Remote Play
8041040B - Communication with the server failed. DNS error has occured.
80010068 - Communication with the server failed.
80432060 - Communication with the server failed.
80431063 - Lost connection in the middle of a download (Save Failed)
8010A007 - Error downloading (Reason unknown)
80110482 - Incompatible Lan security (or Wlan is off or could not connect to infrastructure network)
0000002 - Unknown, possible security reason (Web browser SSL)
80431072 - The file you are downloading is unavailable or does not exist or is cached and the psp is unable to save.
80410416 - The website you are trying to access doesn't allow you to enter.
8041040F - DNS error
80410414 - DNS error
80410418 - PSP Unable to obtain IP address
80100D00 - Channel could not be added(Reformat the memory stick)
80410D09 - A connection error has occured. (in <2.XX FWs the PSP can only connect to WEP...Thus comes this error)
80410001 - General Network error
80410D16 - General Network error
80410D07 - Appears when errors occur while connecting to a wireless router (Change psp settings to manual and enter in all of the ip,dns,subnet mask, and default router info)
80410410 - Cannot connect to the given acess point(Connection to the Server Failed.)

--Firmware--
FFFFFFFF - PSP update failed (or save failed)
UKN9000001 - update cant start, data corrupt
80000004 - its just a general error code that the PSP spits out when it doesn't understand something... could mean anything really.80020001 - Kernel Error
800244C - Kernel Error
8008271D - Flash1 corrupted. Format it in recovery mode!

--Memory Stick--
80110305 - Load failed.The Memory Stick could not be acessed
80110307 - Load Failed There is no Data available
80020130 - File read error
80220180 - Error while formatting the Memory Stick

--UMD--
80010087 - Error reading UMD or UMD not present
80010013 - You get that when you have no, or the wrong, UMD inserted (should be a game UMD, not a movie) Suggestion : Change NO-UMD MODE
800200D9 - Error while allocating memory Block

--Homebrew--
800200D1 - Ran homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware.
8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware.

--POPS--
CA000005 - keys.bin not found when trying to run a PS1 game.
80010002 - Putting the POPS EBOOT in the wrong folder | Also may be a corrupt ISO

--Other--

80110306 - Still to find out
840140D01 - USB wifi problem (Try plugging in the USB wifi in other USB ports)
8008273A - Internal error, try and resetting the settings, restarting the psp, if all fails, probably should send it back to sony.
8001B002 - Still to find out
FFFFFED3 - Unknown (Could be a Decryption error)
80108D50 - there is no camera attachment

**- This was fixed in later versions

Note that all these errors are the most common ones...
DAX however made a complete list of all of them (Thanks to Angelsniper45 for finding this) HERE

Some of these errors were found in other sites:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...thread.id=98391&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
http://forum.zwame.pt/archive/index.php/t-180504.html

Updated : 31/12/2008

If you find this table helpfull, then please +rep me!
If you want this on your website PM me or at least put my nickname there!

Roe

OMG I was thinking of doing something like this hesrs a few
No umd in drive when no umd is disabled - 80020321
80110305 = Load failed.The Memory Stick could not be acessed
ffffffff = PSP update failed

Tenshigami

This makes me wish I had actually written down error numbers when they appeared, so that I could contribute. I love helping people. ^^

I see them only very very rarely, though, because I typically know what I'm doing.

Roe

UKN9000001 - update cant start, data corrupt
When did you become lead mod

Tenshigami

I just remembered something that would generate an error number:

98765432 - Selected a language who's font has been removed. I think this is another Dark_AleX specific error number, since Sony wouldn't expect you to encounter this situation, and the numbers count down from 9 to 2 :D

8001006F - Remote Play connection error. Most likely when no PS3 is sending a signal over your network. I don't have a PS3 so this is an accurate description of at least one way to cause the error.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just remembered something that would generate an error number:

98765432 - Selected a language who's font has been removed. I think this is another Dark_AleX specific error number, since Sony wouldn't expect you to encounter this situation, and the numbers count down from 9 to 2 :D

8001006F - Remote Play connection error. Most likely when no PS3 is sending a signal over your network. I don't have a PS3 so this is an accurate description of at least one way to cause the error.

yup 98765432 is another error code by DA :laugh:

moved this to the new FAQ section.

80020148 - Unsupported PRX type

Tenshigami

Thanks for the codes boyz, now i understand what is wrong with my psp.. :)

Wow, this works better than I thought it would. I figured none of the people who encounter these errors would actually look at this thread. I thought they'd all just post in the Help section, and we'd end up using this as a reference to help them ;P

Tenshigami

see we already helped one person! :D

And in the time between your post and mine, I referred yet another person to the '3.10+? You're screwed!' sticky. -.-;;

Glad to see SOME stickies work ;P

On that note, I used Devhook to get these:

800200D1 - Ran homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware. If you have firmware 3.10 or above, you're screwed!!!!!
8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware. If you have firmware 3.10 or above, you're screwed!!!!!

Some kxploited homebrews will say the data is corrupt (with no error code) even from the part you're supposed to run it from.

I also just got the 80020148 (unsupported PRX type) from a non-kxploited homebrew.

Idrees

Error 80020321

Hi there. I got an error 80020321 using the 3.40OE firmware. i`ve loaded the 3.10OE firmware on another psp and this error does not appear. Does anyone know how to fix it? Is it neceassary for a UMD disc to be in the PSP when Playing ISO`s?

Tenshigami

Hi there. I got an error 80020321 using the 3.40OE firmware. i`ve loaded the 3.10OE firmware on another psp and this error does not appear. Does anyone know how to fix it? Is it neceassary for a UMD disc to be in the PSP when Playing ISO`s?

If "No-UMD Mode" is disabled in the recovery menu, then yes. Otherwise no, but some games aren't compatible with this mode. In which case, make sure "No-UMD mode" is Disabled, and keep a UMD in the drive. (Any UMD will do.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how do i fix this, i can't play my games because of this;

80020148 - Unsupported PRX type

then you probably need to turn off NO-UMD and plain modules. both options can be found in the recovery menu. if that doesn't work its either a bad ISO, or simply incompatible.

turning off NO-UMD will require a UMD in the drive when playing your games.

and as a note, this thread is for listing error codes not for asking for help. you probably would've gotten a faster response in the help center forum.

jalaldevil

hi

then you probably need to turn off NO-UMD and plain modules. both options can be found in the recovery menu. if that doesn't work its either a bad ISO, or simply incompatible.

turning off NO-UMD will require a UMD in the drive when playing your games.

and as a note, this thread is for listing error codes not for asking for help. you probably would've gotten a faster response in the help center forum.

tried it but still it don't work, do you know what the problem could be?
it's a umd, don't know why it's not working.
i recently had 3.40 and then downgraded to 1.5 to get 3.03oe-c. the reason why i done it was because the games weren't working in 3.40oe so i thought it will work in 3.03 as previous but still no luck.
this just recently happened as before i had 3.03oe-c and had no problem.

drgnsn0wb0arder

new and don't know how to post but need help

sorry if i am doing this wrong but i don't know how to use forums i have this error when trying to link to my home wireless network can anybody help "internal error 80110404" i am using dark-alex's 3.40OE-A

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sorry if i am doing this wrong but i don't know how to use forums i have this error when trying to link to my home wireless network can anybody help "internal error 80110404" i am using dark-alex's 3.40OE-A

try restore default settings.