• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP-Filer Suggestions

Tsakos

i was thinking about how cool would be if psp-filer has some more features like:
**sorry i know that coding is hard :sad:**

1. IR-Keyboard Support, Text Editor.
2. Flash1 Formatter (its not that useful tho..)
3. Wifi transfer from psp/pc to pc/psp or an FTP client/server
4. GIF viewer, PMP player, Eboot.pbp launcher or a .PBP/ELF viewer (i know thats crazy lol)
5. a Web Browser if its possible.
6. auto-backup flash0 feature when it goes to "hacker mode"?
7. a feature to genarate a log.txt file in ms0:/ with the tasks done the last time psp-filer run.
8. auto-restore flash0 when a file from flash0 is missing or corrupted
9. a custom firmware's recovery launcher
10. a pandora option to revert a pandora battery back to normal. or an msipl.bin installer or something like that.
11. a password protection feature for the "hacker mode" or to have access to folders, delete copy files etc.
12. memory stick formatter with msipl parttition (if possible)
13. Flash0/Flash1 access via wifi.
14. a reboot option.

if you can make any of them psp-filer would be the best psp tool ever! well.. its already :laugh:

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Well, like Tsakus said before, it would be nice to be able to see animated GIFs.

lvl4573r

What about...

Being able to mark folders :smile:.
And also, marking files and folders in isos/csos would be great :biggrin:

Acerthief

i was thinking about how cool would be if psp-filer has some more features like:
**sorry i know that coding is hard :sad:**

1. IR-Keyboard Support, Text Editor.
2. Flash1 Formatter (its not that useful tho..)
3. Wifi transfer from psp/pc to pc/psp or an FTP client/server
4. GIF viewer, PMP player, Eboot.pbp launcher or a .PBP/ELF viewer (i know thats crazy lol)
5. a Web Browser if its possible.
6. auto-backup flash0 feature when it goes to "hacker mode"?
7. a feature to genarate a log.txt file in ms0:/ with the tasks done the last time psp-filer run.
8. auto-restore flash0 when a file from flash0 is missing or corrupted
9. a custom firmware's recovery launcher
10. a pandora option to revert a pandora battery back to normal. or an msipl.bin installer or something like that.
11. a password protection feature for the "hacker mode" or to have access to folders, delete copy files etc.
12. memory stick formatter with msipl parttition (if possible)
13. Flash0/Flash1 access via wifi.
14. a reboot option.

if you can make any of them psp-filer would be the best psp tool ever! well.. its already :laugh:

Nicely written, Tsakos. :D

but there's a few I'd say that's unnecessary.
  • Flash1 Formatter - It's already in the recovery menu.
  • Web browser - a little "over-the-line" what PSP "Filer" is for.
  • Auto-restore Flash0 - It's a good idea, but then you'll need the PSAR dumper adapted into the application to take out the files you need, then check what the flash0 misses, then has to flash it back in. In other words, just re-flash would save a lot of trouble. ;)
  • Pandora Options - Again like the web browser, I think it's too much for the functions in PSP Filer.
  • Memory stick formatter with msipl partition - Just use your computer ;)
  • Wifi - I'd say that wifi in homebrew is not mature enough, like I wouldn't want to access my f0/f1 to transfer files when suddenly the wifi dies out XD.
I apologize if you feel offended. I just give my ideas of what I think. Basically I say these are unnecessary is because they aren't related to what the application was initially made for - Filing files :D.

oh BTW the log.txt idea rocks XD.

Tsakos

Nicely written, Tsakos. :D

but there's a few I'd say that's unnecessary.
  • Flash1 Formatter - It's already in the recovery menu.
  • Web browser - a little "over-the-line" what PSP "Filer" is for.
  • Auto-restore Flash0 - It's a good idea, but then you'll need the PSAR dumper adapted into the application to take out the files you need, then check what the flash0 misses, then has to flash it back in. In other words, just re-flash would save a lot of trouble. ;)
  • Pandora Options - Again like the web browser, I think it's too much for the functions in PSP Filer.
  • Memory stick formatter with msipl partition - Just use your computer ;)
  • Wifi - I'd say that wifi in homebrew is not mature enough, like I wouldn't want to access my f0/f1 to transfer files when suddenly the wifi dies out XD.
I apologize if you feel offended. I just give my ideas of what I think. Basically I say these are unnecessary is because they aren't related to what the application was initially made for - Filing files :D.

oh BTW the log.txt idea rocks XD.

yeah i know that some features are not necessary but its cool to have all-in-one app. Anyways, what about the auto-backup when in "hacker mode" and ir-keyboard support? - i really feel weird when i cant edit txt files for enabling plugins or even delete lines :p also i know that the features i wrote are crazy.. lol i just want to help on making this app better. :biggrin:

mediumgauge

Developer
don't make loads heavy plz

Hi all,
I accept some kind of request that makes users easier, but, "all in one" request is too much. I know it is easier for users, if one software does all, but who will make it? Even Windows series don't do that - word, excel, and C compiler is not bundled.
Too heavy loads (requests) make a few important requests be vanished. So, plz, think about your request before you send. Is it really necessary and really possible to be created?
Mediumgauge

EvilSeph

Administrator
To be fair, the only reason why Windows doesn't "do everything" is because that would result in anti-trust issues and make Microsoft a clear monopoly - which is illegal in some areas where Microsoft operates.

Still, either way, I agree with you mediumguage.

Perhaps you should let US know what your intentions are for PSP Filer. What exactly did you have in mind when you first created it?

mediumgauge

Developer
To be fair, the only reason why Windows doesn't "do everything" is because that would result in anti-trust issues and make Microsoft a clear monopoly - which is illegal in some areas where Microsoft operates.

Still, either way, I agree with you mediumguage.

Perhaps you should let US know what your intentions are for PSP Filer. What exactly did you have in mind when you first created it?

Just began for fun. I am a programmer, can create software, and just tried what software I can make. I should say it as a hobby. And I did not imagine it is translated to 5 other languages - except Japanese and English. At first I even didn't imagine it can rip UMD.

Now I think Filer should run as "user mode" since sometimes it is important. example, user mode software runs under kernel3, and under eloader. That means Filer cannot launch any other software.
And personally I think it must be "fast" and "simple". I hate too huge software - don't want Filer to be "fat", it should be under 2MB.

I hope the answer fits your question, Seph.
Mediumgauge

$PiDeR

What about being able to swap buttons for Filer. Choose either x or o to be the confirm button. Thanks in advance and thanks for the great program.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Just began for fun. I am a programmer, can create software, and just tried what software I can make. I should say it as a hobby. And I did not imagine it is translated to 5 other languages - except Japanese and English. At first I even didn't imagine it can rip UMD.

Now I think Filer should run as "user mode" since sometimes it is important. example, user mode software runs under kernel3, and under eloader. That means Filer cannot launch any other software.
And personally I think it must be "fast" and "simple". I hate too huge software - don't want Filer to be "fat", it should be under 2MB.

I hope the answer fits your question, Seph.
Mediumgauge

I see, thanks. :)

However, I disagree that user mode is better. PSP Filer has become a "household name" in the Scene due to its useful ability to aid in PSP "repair" when run through Recovery and because it removes the need for a computer. All of this is possible because of it being kernel mode homebrew and so, changing to user mode would limit the possibilities.

Hanzo_f19

I understand your intentions and I don't mean to be demanding anything, but do you think that it is possible to have a animated GIFs viewer? Just asking, not demanding ;)

EvilSeph

Administrator
I suggest that people state the reasoning behind their suggestion when stating their suggestion. This will help in two ways: a) you may get more support for your suggestion and b) Mediumgauge will be able to better understand where you are coming from.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I agree, seems like you guys are just saying whatever comes to your mind. And it seems like you want to make this an operating system and not a simple file browser/operator >_>

mediumgauge

Developer
about gif format

I understand your intentions and I don't mean to be demanding anything, but do you think that it is possible to have a animated GIFs viewer? Just asking, not demanding ;)

I still hate what Unisys did about lz78 and gif format. Therefore, I'm sorry, I detamined never to support gif.

Hanzo_f19

heh, I remember this one time, a friend of mine had a virus on his mem. stick

I used filer to remove it XD

omg! what a coincidence, he is not the first one to do that.:laugh::rolleyes:
This is definitely a great application!

"Next feature on Filer..: Anti-Virus feature!" XD

PS:sorry for being off-topic :p

chemist

Staff infection
If its possible could you make it able to transfer files to another psp with this app. The reason I would like this is so i can give my files to friends from my psp without having to hook up to the computer.Kind of like the photo transfer thing the firmware already comes with.

mediumgauge

Developer
If its possible could you make it able to transfer files to another psp with this app. The reason I would like this is so i can give my files to friends from my psp without having to hook up to the computer.Kind of like the photo transfer thing the firmware already comes with.

It is in my TODO list.
Or I should write TODO list here:
- transfer files via wifi
- extract rar format files
- make picture viewer faster. while a user is watching a picture, Filer will read the next picture into RAM background. That can show the next picture fast.
- music player that can play more than 24MB and rewind, skip, pause, auto play, etc.
- movie player for flv or pmf
- text editor
- binary editor