• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.71 Decrypted, New PSARDumper Released

SonicTH

Surprised so few people have heard of the TOOL battery. Team n00bz released a statement about it (said they didn't like Datel was talking people into buying these but not actually saying the battery alone won't do anything).

Personally; I think its a good idea for Datel to sell these so long as they don't get in trouble with Sony (which is totally possible). Not everyone can create a Pandora's Battery and at least they're trying to help.

shadowthor

This basically doesn't help. It only helps on the aspect that the battery is created. You still need to convert the memory stick into the magic memory stick in order to use the service battery (pandora battery).

SonicTH

The Magic Memory Stick does not need to be created using a custom Firmware PSP. You can create the Magic Memory Stick by just adding files directly to the Memory Stick from your computer. I provided a program that will let you do that.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I actually registered for these forums in an attempt to possibly save you.

If you've got about $30, you can still set yourself up for homebrew.

Buy this:

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=986

Its basically a premade Pandora's Battery by Datel (if your parents are suspicious, just write it off as a spare battery and claim you want an extra for on the road). You still have to make the Magic Memory Stick component to really give yourself the Pandora's Battery functionality (this battery just snaps your PSP into Service Mode, which allows you to go behind the Firmware to do work).

These are the files you need to download to create a Magic Memory Stick:

http://dl.qj.net/Pandora-s-Battery-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/14362/catid/151

Normally, you'd have to find someone who already has a custom Firmware PSP to make the Magic Memory Stick for you but use this program and simply load the individual files it tells you onto your Memory Stick directly:

http://rapidshare.com/files/51253858/Pandora_s_Box.rar.html

Go here to download 3.60 M33 for usage on the Slim PSP (just change the readme.en file within to readme.txt and open it with Notepad for instructions on how to install 3.60 M33 once you have the battery and Magic Memory Stick):

http://dl.qj.net/M33-PSP-Slim-Custom-Firmware-3.60-PSP/pg/12/fid/14521/catid/114

Hopefully this clears the air a little. This is the alternative method for people who don't have access to people who can make a Pandora's Battery for them.

wow...that is the most effort i've seen someone make on a forum to help someone else....kudos to you sir, you really are an inspiration. :)

Chito1978

I Am New In The Psp World, I Have A Psp With The 3.71 Firmware.. Can You Guys Help Me To Install The Custom Firmware For This Version??

Regards

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I Am New In The Psp World, I Have A Psp With The 3.71 Firmware.. Can You Guys Help Me To Install The Custom Firmware For This Version??

Regards

Have you looked at the couple posts above you? To do that, you'll need a Pandora's Battery.

SonicTH

is it for lite or old one

Well, my method was for people who wanted to modify their slim PSPs to run custom Firmware. Older model PSPs require a different method to mess with them (mostly involving downgrading to 1.50 before installing whatever CFW is out for those; my old PSP runs 3.52 M33-4).

Pandora's Battery can be used as a universal downgrading system that lets you downgrade any PSP regardless of what Firmware version its running. Either you make the Pandora's Battery and Magic Memory Stick using a custom Firmware PSP or you buy a Datel TOOL battery and create a Magic Memory Stick by adding files directly to the stick instead of doing it from inside the PSP (using a Memory Stick reader of some sort; or even just hooking the PSP to the computer via USB).

smokeybeef

SonicTH:

I do not think your method will work, have you tried it?

Pandora's Box still requires you to run software on the actual psp afterwards to fully create the memory stick.

which requires a homebrew enabled psp.

SonicTH

I've been assured it can be done without a stick but if you insist I can do a little more research to put your mind at ease.

smokeybeef

I don't mean to disagree with you but I was thinking of buying the datel battery tool thing and making my own magic stick. (stuck in the 'owning slim but no phat' situation)

But when I tried and from what I've read you need to run a couple of installers on a psp (1.5) to complete the memory stick

steevyhead

sonic th

PLEASE tell me how to make the battery without the custom firmware. I have the pandora files, mem stick and spare battery ready to go.

how do i set up the majik mem stick without custom firmware PLEASE

SonicTH

sonic th

PLEASE tell me how to make the battery without the custom firmware. I have the pandora files, mem stick and spare battery ready to go.

how do i set up the majik mem stick without custom firmware PLEASE

You can't create a JigKick Battery without a custom Firmware PSP. It is impossible (you will either need to buy a Datel TOOL battery or find someone with a custom Firmware PSP to make one for you).

To create the Magic Memory Stick; use this GUI:

http://rs91.rapidshare.com/files/51253858/Pandora_s_Box.rar

It will install the files to your MS Duo for you from your computer.

Zone

Hi SonicTH

I'm planning to buy a PSP Slim. I keep reading everywhere that it's impossible to downgrade from firmware 3.71 to 1.50.
Would the method you posted work? Would it make it possible to downgrade a PSP slim to 1.50 and then install the latest custom firmware?

Acerthief

Downgrading to 1.5 is only for phat (older) PSP.
Slim doesn't use this method. If you have 3.60, then you can flash to 3.60M33 (you need a pandora battery, check it out HERE).
Then you can upgrade to 3.71M33.

The problem is if you don't have anyone with 1.5 or custom firmware on a phat PSP, then you'll need to buy either a Datel tool, or look for someone that would be delighted to help you with a small fee in noobz.eu.

@SonicTH: Do i need to help you upload the pandora box GUI onto the exophase server, so there won't be an expire problem?

Zone

Thanks Acerthief.

But I'm a bit confused. The tutorial for installing the 3.60M33 firmware on a slim PSP includes steps that "must be executed on a homebrew-capable regular PSP with a regular battery inserted. The inserted memory stick must contain the Pandora files, as noted in the prerequisites section above ."

I guess that this means that an old fat PSP is required, or am I missing something? Can you install 3.60M33 without having a fat PSP handy?

Thanks for your assistance.

SonicTH

@SonicTH: Do i need to help you upload the pandora box GUI onto the exophase server, so there won't be an expire problem?

That would be nice.

Thanks Acerthief.

But I'm a bit confused. The tutorial for installing the 3.60M33 firmware on a slim PSP includes steps that "must be executed on a homebrew-capable regular PSP with a regular battery inserted. The inserted memory stick must contain the Pandora files, as noted in the prerequisites section above ."

I guess that this means that an old fat PSP is required, or am I missing something? Can you install 3.60M33 without having a fat PSP handy?

Thanks for your assistance.

Allow me to look into this matter. As I created my Pandora's Battery and Magic Memory Stick for 3.60 M33 with a regular CFW PSP; I never attempted the method I'm posting here (I'm just trying to help those with what I can). I've been curious about this myself.

UPDATE: I've got instructions on how to create a 3.60 M33 Magic Memory Stick without a custom Firmware PSP but I can't post them yet because it requires a file I don't have in my possession. Once I figure out where to get it from; I'll post said instructions here.

reandaya

right now im on 3.71 m33 cfw...im just wonderin' do i really need this PSP Firmware 3.71 Decrypted, New PSARDumper and does really do? just enable me to install custom theme?...please advice

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
right now im on 3.71 m33 cfw...im just wonderin' do i really need this PSP Firmware 3.71 Decrypted, New PSARDumper and does really do? just enable me to install custom theme?...please advice

Basically what USERS use PSARDumper for is to decrypt the new firmwares to use them for Popstation (the PSX emulator), or more specifically, Popsloader, so you can load different versions of Popstation in case one version works better for a game than another.