• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go! pic...?

Blackout

16 GB internal + more memory via memory sticks = Hacked PSP Go! very soon. :p

Joey

If this gets hacked, I could actually see my self getting it. I had no idea how small it was. The woman's hands must have been small in the original leak, because I had it pictured to be much smaller in my mind.

But I'd love to have this to run some emulators on. I still need a nice game playing PMP, and I'm a little leary on the Gamepark wiz (two d-pads?), and the Pandora, which is like, $300.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
If this had a touch screen it would replace the ipod touch, who wants to slide up the screen and change songs via D-pad whilst you can just wipe your finger across the playlist when closed.

It should only be used for the XMB and not gaming as it wouldn't support older psp's.

Ragnarok

Good Idea.But then there's the problem of price increase.Even the current price is above average.

Joey

If this had a touch screen it would replace the ipod touch, who wants to slide up the screen and change songs via D-pad whilst you can just wipe your finger across the playlist when closed.

It should only be used for the XMB and not gaming as it wouldn't support older psp's.

No self respecting person would use an XMB based product as a serious MP3 player anyway. Even with a touchscreen, the PSP would be a companion peice to any MP3 player. Either that or you just go without music.

With that said, I have enough pocketspace to carry one of these, my iPod, and my phone, so I don't care that the PSP is a terrible MP3 player. I did want the touchscreen functionality for games, but I can live without it.

Seth

MD Party Room
No self respecting person would use an XMB based product as a serious MP3 player anyway. Even with a touchscreen, the PSP would be a companion peice to any MP3 player. Either that or you just go without music.

With that said, I have enough pocketspace to carry one of these, my iPod, and my phone, so I don't care that the PSP is a terrible MP3 player. I did want the touchscreen functionality for games, but I can live without it.

Tell that to about 70% of the psp owners of my old high school. Everyone used used there psp as a mp3 player. Everyone was broke and saw so need to buy a mp3 player when there psp did that.

@Nero Also psp remote!!!

Since this thing has A2DP I might just be using it has my Mp3 player...Good bye Samsung p2.... I been waiting a really nice A2DP mp3 player to come out for quite some time. Now all I need to do is get this thing hacked..

Also keep in mind I own 5 mp3 players( Zune 120, Ipod Touch,Samsung p2, Sandisk Clip 2gb,4gb)
---------- Post added at 12:49 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM EST ----------

Also new info is out..

PlayStation.com - News - Press Releases - PSP goPortable) Evolves To Match the Digital Lifestyle

Easy Sliding Display Panel and Original Applications
PSPgo offers a variety of exciting entertainment options by taking advantage of the sliding panel. When the panel is open, users will be able to enjoy various entertainment content with the familiar button control as PSP-3000, when closed, original applications for PSPgo, such as a clock and calendar is displayed on the screen. Users can also enjoy video and music when the panel is closed.
Game sleep function
PSPgo has unique features such as game sleep function which enables users to operate XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) while pausing gameplay temporarily.
Bluetooth

Joey

Tell that to about 70% of the psp owners of my old high school. Everyone used used there psp as a mp3 player. Everyone was broke and saw so need to buy a mp3 player when there psp did that.

You conveniently skipped over the term "self respecting".

Slasher

Suck It
The only thing that bugs me about this is that the screen is smaller than a regular PSP's. I feel like the experience is going to be dumbed down since the played title won't be seeing its full glory on a full sized PSP screen. I don't know, I just can't get past that little bit.

Here's a comparison shot
psp-go-2.jpg

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You conveniently skipped over the term "self respecting".

I have used my PSP as a MP3 player for the past 4 years and I have tons of self-respect. Every person has their own chocies and mine says the PSP does quite fine the part of a music player.

Aside from that, I'll be getting this if there is a way to transform all the games I own into digital format.

Joey

I have used my PSP as a MP3 player for the past 4 years and I have tons of self-respect. Every person has their own chocies and mine says the PSP does quite fine the part of a music player.

That's a the saddest story I've ever heard. You should go on Oprah.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nah... Your existance manages to be sadder than my story...

xploren

Contributor
Ladies, ladies, break it apart.

I personally plan on using this instead of the iTouch, as I'm looking for a replacement for my old 3G nano. If it's small enough, of course.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Supposedly this is the size of an iPhone

Fives

The PSPgo seems cool, i own a 3K and i will not be buying it though. It just feels like Sony finally figured out after years what the PSP should've looked like the first time around.

Cryox

Bro.
tbh, the only reason I still have a PSP is because of homebrew support. If i couldn't play homebrew and such on my psp, for one, I wouldn't even know m4m existed, and my PSP would either be a nice dusty paperweight, or sold to gamestop. I would definitely get this if it was hacked, not necessarily for ISO's though.