• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go! pic...?

Joey

YEAS there Is! It's NOT a PSP 2!

There's no reason this shouldn't be a PSP2.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM EST ----------

WTH is up with people and touchscreens? PSP is better off without one, it'll seem like a DS rip-off... Plus touchscreens are damn overrated...

How can added functionality be a bad thing?

FranzH

For the Helghast!
It's not a PSP2 and the current model will still be at retail beside the GO!

UF is right to say it is not a PSP2, its just another way to make a PSP1.

WTH is up with people and touchscreens? PSP is better off without one, it'll seem like a DS rip-off... Plus touchscreens are damn overrated...

Ever used an iPhone? They made me love touchscreens. Plus that would be how you control it when it is closed.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Ever used an iPhone? They made me love touchscreens. Plus that would be how you control it when it is closed.

The iPhone has made me hate touch screens. There are just too many gimmick games that control horribly. Your fingers take up most of the visibility on the screen and it just doesnt work.

That is why I also hope this thing doesn't have a touch screen.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
How would it have compatibility issues? All the older games use the same buttons that are readily available on the PSP Go. Newer games could have the option of adding a PSP Go control scheme if it had a second nub. I hate to rehash what everyone else is saying, but there doesn't seem to be any good argument for not having a second analog nub.

Maybe because on this design, they couldn't possibly fit two. They barely got one nub on there. Can you imagine two? Hand cramps...

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM EST ----------

There's no reason this shouldn't be a PSP2.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM EST ----------

How can added functionality be a bad thing?

This has no graphical or performance hardware upgrades in terms of games. It's still the same old 333 mhz processor with possibly more RAM this time. That's it. You'll get your faster load times and that's probably it. It's not a PSP 2. And I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't look like this has a touch screen from the Qore preview video.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM EST ----------

The iPhone has made me hate touch screens. There are just too many gimmick games that control horribly. Your fingers take up most of the visibility on the screen and it just doesnt work.

That is why I also hope this thing doesn't have a touch screen.

The difference between the PSP and the iPhone is that the PSP has buttons to begin with. Adding a touch screen would only make it better.

LocutusEstBorg

None of us have held it yet. I just hope it feels good in hand, though it looks like it won't.

Wonder if the current firmware modules have hints towards this version. Maybe those HDD functions Silverspring found will be used :)

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
After watching the video it doesn't look that bad, I just wished that they moved the analog to the edge of the psp like how it is and included another one. Also touch screen would be nice but oh well.

eighty4

I think that this was put there on purpose, to be honest. I think there are more features to this rather than "it slides up". What good would that do, each of the other PSPs had some upgrade to them, not some useless add-on. PSP2000 was slimmer with more RAM, PSP3000 had a built in microphone and also, more RAM. This new PSP better have something or Ill regret buying it, like I do with the DSi.

xploren

Contributor
I expect this to have a lower price than the normal PSP, as the smaller size, absence of a UMD drive, and many removed features should make assembling them a lot less expensive. What do you guys expect for the price?

eighty4

I expect this to have a lower price than the normal PSP, as the smaller size, absence of a UMD drive, and many removed features should make assembling them a lot less expensive. What do you guys expect for the price?

Being Sony, I expect a lowered price in the 3k and a price slightly higher than the current 3k price. ~250, is my guess.

Slasher

Suck It
No way.

No more than $200 is my guess. The PSP bundles they offer now are usually $200 so I don't see why they would jack this one up even more.

Also, my previous post:
My guess is that this thing will cost either the same as the PSP that is already out, or it might even cost less. I remember hearing in the rumours (which are now obviously confirmed to be the truth) that this device is going to cost less than the current PSP's.

Here it is: Mole: PSP-Go details confirmed, smaller PS3 is on the way - Ars Technica

Quote said:
The other bit of information concerns the worst-kept secret in gaming, the upcoming UMD-less PSP that should be revealed at E3. Our mole says that yes, it's the real thing, and we can expect it to be lighter than its UMD-sporting predecessor, along with lower power consumption and possibly a lower price.
That definitely isn't concrete, but it hints at it anyways.

Adiuvo

$250 was the cost of the PSP when it first came out. They would be stupid to price it at that point. Keeping the current price seems most logical.

eighty4

$250 was the cost of the PSP when it first came out. [HIGHLIGHT]They would be stupid to price it at that point. [/HIGHLIGHT]Keeping the current price seems most logical.

And we can always rely on electronic superhouses to make wise decisions.