• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

apex

Just try this:

PSP Slim Hello World Exploit

I'm using my Japanese Radiant Red PSP 3000 and it seems that the exploit worked. The firmware is 5.02 if you're wondering as well.

===============
Download File
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
===============

PSP 3000 Installation:

1) Extract the "26833_release_v2.zip" file

2) You'll see 4 files altogether inside that folder. (h.bin, phat.tiff, readme.txt, & slim.tiff)

3) Make sure you have a Memory Stick (MS) * Grab your PSP and connect to USB mode.

4) Copy the "h.bin" file onto the root of your MS. Then copy the "slim.tiff" file onto your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder.

5) Copy any 8 random photos into your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder. Altogether you should have 9 files in your PHOTO folder.

6) Full power down your PSP and turn it on. On the Cross Media Bar (XMB), go to "Photo" and down to "Memory Stick"; Click ENTER.

7) Wait for all the thumbnails to load. Scroll up down again and again and slowly go down until it goes into the HELLO WORLD exploit. (My video is a great example!)

Notice: It might freeze on the "XMB Photo" section, but you can keep trying until you get it right. Although this does nothing but brings you into the HELLO WORLD exploit screen, it's a good sign that it works on the PSP 3000. Until then, have fun with this experiment!

-P.S this won't screw up/break/brick your PSP 3000 system if your also wondering.

OMG HACKS

Well im just wondering(not to sound impatient).If i was to use older HEN's created,could I implant there code into this Tiff or somehow get it to run after the libtiff launches??

eldiablov

Contributor
Well im just wondering(not to sound impatient).If i was to use older HEN's created,could I implant there code into this Tiff or somehow get it to run after the libtiff launches??

You haven't got a chance of that working. Sit back and relax while sony sweat.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm using the right files.

I added some photos and followed your suggestion, still nothing.

No big deal, just want to try it out.

thedicemaster

don't follow the guides precisely.

the exact method required depends on a lot of factors like MS speed, photo's in the folder, system settings, etc.
best is to read all guides to see some possible ways to get it to work, and use that info to work out your own method.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's a real Sony memstick. It came with the Daxter pack I bought ages ago. I thought it was the Ratchet bundle, but I forgot I gave that away to my nephew. I'll wait until the next phase of this to try it again, not a big deal.

It's a real Sony memstick. It came with the Daxter pack I bought ages ago. I thought it was the Ratchet bundle, but I forgot I gave that away to my nephew. I'll wait until the next phase of this to try it again, not a big deal.

I can help you :blush: add me on msn

Proof again with this files :w00t: first of all format your MS

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Please keep spam and responses to spam a minimum. I've deleted the unrelated posts (unrelated to the topic that is)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am

maybe it has to be a ms PRO duo?

fig2k4

I think the fake MS rumours might've been caused by me. I had problems with a fake 16GB and bought a 1GB MS which works 100% of the time. I don't think the problem was because it's fake, it's most probably because it's at least twice as slow as the 1GB MS. I can see the difference when reading/writing stuff from/to the card. So my official theory is that my 16GB MS doesn't work well because it's too slow. :)

I used Bumblebee's image pack that he posted for you. Here's a quote from my post on the DAX forums.

The 100% working technique for me is to go to the Photo->MS and wait until the MS LED stops flickering, then scroll as fast as possible to the tiff at the bottom.

Here's a poor attempt at a video to show what I mean.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUcFMMmkiw[/YT]

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
He has the MS Pro Duo if it came in a bundle. The MS Pro Duo is the only card that is natively supported on the PSP

I've seen sony selling (at a sony style retailer) ms duo (non pro). They're the same size (dimensions and storage) but a lot cheaper. They don't work on the psp?

chipster

how can you update to 5.02 cause i put in the 5.02.pbp file thing in the game>update folder, but it always shows as corrupted data, pleasee help!

Status
Not open for further replies.