• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Lockdown v3.0 - Flash0 Based Password Protection

LocutusEstBorg

Lockdown allows you to password protect your PSP from prying eyes.
It also protects the Recovery Menu so that the protection can't be disabled without considerable effort (or by unbricking).

Download Lockdown v3.0: Obsolete; Search for the latest version.
Tested on 3.90M33-3 Slim, 4.01M33-2 Slim

Features:
* Completely customizable GUI
* Uses PSP keys like Square, Cross, Circle etc as password, instead of fumbling with an on screen keyboard
* Fully configurable from the PSP
* Protects Recovery Menu as well
* Supports 2 modes of operation: 1st mode will only ask for password when the PSP is rebooted or powered on. 2nd mode will ask for password every time the XMB is launched, such as after quitting a game etc.
* Application errors (Game could not be started, etc) will be displayed normally in the XMB unlike other password programs which won't display these messages. So you know why you were sent back to the XMB.

If you have problems getting it to work, you can try using the debug versions from the "debug" folder in the archive. They will display any errors that occur.

The source image files for the default theme are provided as a template.

An extra Red theme is included.

lockdown1.jpg
lockdown2.jpg

lockdown3.jpg

Changelog said:
v3.0 Changelog
------------------------------------------
Added support to customize the GUI.
Optimized memory usage.

v2.1 Changelog
Removed a bunch of object files that were accidently linked into the debug version. It shouldn't affect the functionality in anyway though.

v2.0 Changelog
Now fully supports PSP Phat and PSP Slim. Uses less RAM as well, so it shouldn't conflict with other plugins. If you have too many plugins enabled for VSH mode it may not work.

v1.5 Changelog
Completely unloads module after launching XMB resulting in more free memory for other applications. This should allow the debug version to work on a Phat.
Full Phat compatibility for the graphical version to be added shortly.

v1.4 Changelog
Reduced stack memory.

v1.3 Changelog
Added debug versions that use text output.

v1.2 Changelog
Fixed sleep mode from not working in some situations.

v1.1 Changelog
Reduced heap size, and freed some allocated memory on quit.

J

jx233

nice app, but if you make it work on 3.52 M33, i will definetly use this app anyday instead of protect-me.

but this is exactly the app i needed and was looking for on the Web. :smile:

LocutusEstBorg

nice app, but if you make it work on 3.52 M33, i will definetly use this app anyday instead of protect-me.

but this is exactly the app i needed and was looking for on the Web. :smile:

Its uses M33SDK which I think only works on 3.71 and above. Plus the folder names are different like 'nodule' etc. You'll have to upgrade.

Help! I dont have a module folder in my VSH folder in flash 0.

Enable Display the contents of System folders and uncheck Hide Protected Operating System files under Tools > Folder Options in Windows. Also enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.

Xupid

Enable Display the contents of System folders and uncheck Hide Protected Operating System files under Tools > Folder Options in Windows. Also enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Didn't work.

J

jx233

k, Torch; I guess I have to use it in the 4.01 M33-2 in TimeMachine ( if I make it to NOTHING=/TM/DC7/IPL.BIN)

but whenever you port it to 3.52 and lower, i 'll definitely use it.

but for now, I'll stick with Protect-Me by MaxTheBest on my 3.52 PSP :)

btw, I don't want to UPDATE for various reasons. sorry.

LocutusEstBorg

k, Torch; I guess I have to use it in the 4.01 M33-2 in TimeMachine ( if I make it to NOTHING=/TM/DC7/IPL.BIN)

but whenever you port it to 3.52 and lower, i 'll definitely use it.

but for now, I'll stick with Protect-Me by MaxTheBest on my 3.52 PSP :)

btw, I don't want to UPDATE for various reasons. sorry.

For 3.52M33 the vshmain.prx is located in the nodule folder. You can try to hex edit the Lockdown PRX to load flash0:/vsh/nodule/vshmain_real.prx instead of module. Then intall it in the nodule folder.

J

jx233

Sorry, I'm not that good at hex-editing :blushing:

I hope you can convert it for us. :smile:

J

jx233

sorry

Oh, thats too bad. sorry.

I would probably lend you my PSP Phat, but I think we both are in different states (USA), and/or different countries. S o, I'm not sure if thats possible.

But, you can get a PSP Phat at Gamestop Used; prices ranging from $50-$130.

viet_mode

if says password ok then it just freezes, i used the debug version and it shows:
Free memory: 23052 kb
press start to accept
press select to change password
enter password:
password OK.
__psp_free_heap(): 23052kb

LoadModule Fail 0x80010002

LocutusEstBorg

if says password ok then it just freezes, i used the debug version and it shows:
Free memory: 23052 kb
press start to accept
press select to change password
enter password:
password OK.
__psp_free_heap(): 23052kb

LoadModule Fail 0x80010002

Think that means that vshmain_real.prx or recovery_real.prx is missing. Make sure you have renamed the original files correctly.

J.Boy249

Psp-(%[=]X)-Psycho!
That for this man...I saw this when it was a WIP!!!

Im soo happy its released!:D

Alex

lockdown v3

i have a psp phat and the problem is when i use the vshmain.prx and recovory.prx the it semi bricks, now when i go into the recovery menu the recovery one works not the vsh. i use the debug version and it worrks fine and lets me log in
whats up here?

LocutusEstBorg

i have a psp phat and the problem is when i use the vshmain.prx and recovory.prx the it semi bricks, now when i go into the recovery menu the recovery one works not the vsh. i use the debug version and it worrks fine and lets me log in
whats up here?

Maybe you have some plugins installed that is using user memory. It just barely fits in the RAM on the phat. Try disabling all plugins and then try.

Alex

cheers mate...works like a charm.
All i gotta do next is make my own theme, any hints or tips???