• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
well i just finished it on ps3. And i must say WOW . I loved every single second of the short experience.

my personal pros and cons
-Pro's-
Amazing Presentation
Replayability
Chapter system
Jaw dropping graphics
Heart pumping score(I particularly loved the Chapter evaluation screen music with the harp)
near perfect gameplay(yes, like a tank)
Great story
Cutscenes
It's Still Resident Evil
encountered none of the Slowdown that people talked about, or i just didn't notice it was so small
Extras

-Con's-
new control scheme is awkward(i just used the RE4 scheme, found it worked best)
where's the racism everyone talked about eh? Where were the racism claims about shooting spanish zombies in RE4 or Caucasian Zombies in Re 0-CVX?
Short length(I played it 14 hours straight the first night i got it, was h00ked)
Some areas of plot could be better
Ending goes back to the beginnning and was slighty disapointing, albeit still satisfying
Real time inventory system
No 1080i on Ps3 bleh

-Overall- 9/10
Overall RE5 is a hands down amazing experience. It's not perfect like everything but for what it's worth , it's fine. It's not the next revolution many were seemingly expecting because how much Re4 changed everything but thats ok by my standards(halo 2 to 3 etc had no critisisms why pick on RE5? -.-). It's still Resident Evil right on down to the Tank.

Seth

MD Party Room
well i just finished it on ps3. And i must say WOW . I loved every single second of the short experience.

my personal pros and cons
-Pro's-
Amazing Presentation
Replayability
Chapter system
Jaw dropping graphics
Heart pumping score(I particularly loved the Chapter evaluation screen music with the harp)
near perfect gameplay(yes, like a tank)
Great story
Cutscenes
It's Still Resident Evil
encountered none of the Slowdown that people talked about, or i just didn't notice it was so small
Extras

-Con's-
new control scheme is awkward(i just used the RE4 scheme, found it worked best)
where's the racism everyone talked about eh? Where were the racism claims about shooting spanish zombies in RE4 or Caucasian Zombies in Re 0-CVX?
Short length(I played it 14 hours straight the first night i got it, was h00ked)
Some areas of plot could be better
Ending goes back to the beginnning and was slighty disapointing, albeit still satisfying
Real time inventory system
No 1080i on Ps3 bleh

-Overall- 9/10
Overall RE5 is a hands down amazing experience. It's not perfect like everything but for what it's worth , it's fine. It's not the next revolution many were seemingly expecting because how much Re4 changed everything but thats ok by my standards(halo 2 to 3 etc had no critisisms why pick on RE5? -.-). It's still Resident Evil right on down to the Tank.

I had no idea you had a ps3,add me Psn:vanden9

Anyway that stupid bug thing took over 15 shotgun shots to kill.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I don't know what happened, but I loaded up The Mercs the other day and for the first thirty seconds it was unbelievably choppy. But apart from that there were virtually no frame rate issues.

@Vanden: the bug boss takes about ten seconds to kill once you've got the rocket launcher with infinite ammo.

Sullivan

Can anyone please help me, this game doesn't seem to be up scaling for me. Or at least I think that is the issue now. In the settings, when I enable 720p, the screen goes black, so I only have 420p and 1280i enabled, the game says it supports 720p and nothing else. But my other 720p games work fine, because the up scale.

ilyace

Can anyone please help me, this game doesn't seem to be up scaling for me. Or at least I think that is the issue now. In the settings, when I enable 720p, the screen goes black, so I only have 420p and 1280i enabled, the game says it supports 720p and nothing else. But my other 720p games work fine, because the up scale.

It could be a problem, or it could be that it just won't upscale. My tv does the same, it does only 480p and 1080i, and ex. Battlefield Bad Company it stays at 480p and doesn't upscale.

Trigun

some games that support only 720,don't upsacale to 1080i as well unfortunately, i learned this when i played the demo. Oh well it's not the only time us 1080i users have gotten the shaft on ps3.:sleep:

Sullivan

Ok, this is going to sound really odd.

Somehow, I went into the settings on the PS3, enabled 720p, the screen went black and showed no input, so i pressed circle, then disabled 720p, saved the settings, started the game, and now its running in 1080i.
Sweet, really, I have the so called "720p only" support game, running in 1080i.

Trigun

Ok, this is going to sound really odd.

Somehow, I went into the settings on the PS3, enabled 720p, the screen went black and showed no input, so i pressed circle, then disabled 720p, saved the settings, started the game, and now its running in 1080i.
Sweet, really, I have the so called "720p only" support game, running in 1080i.

how does it look?

Sullivan

It looks sweet, and great, you know how 720p, it makes themes look sorta biggish? Well it seems likes its littler, you know? Like the higher res. Any ways, when the game first started, and hes driving in the field, I thought it was the cheesyest graphics, but then when you start playing it looks sweet.

Sullivan

Ill take a little video of what I meant. The over all game looks sweet. I keep f'ing get killed by that huge dude in the first level, till I ran around and crap.

Abe, I'm not sure out the 360 version but on the PS3 version, when someone gives you something or helps you. You tap "O" and he will say thanks. Probably the B button for the 360 version.