• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Shadow Complex

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This year's Summer of Arcade is wrapping up with Shadow Complex this week and based off the reviews and the game clips I've seen, it looks like a real winner.

Eurogamer said:
Put simply, Shadow Complex is the easiest Xbox Live Arcade recommendation I can make and one of the best games of the year.

IGN said:
Even so, it stands as one of the best games yet in 2009. And I'm not just talking about the Xbox Live Arcade. The classic, exploration-heavy gameplay is a winner. Go buy this game.

They gave it a 9.4 too.

Kotaku said:
Shadow Complex could quite possibly be the perfect balance of 2D gameplay and 3D presentation in high-definition that Metroid and Castlevania fans have demanded, but not yet received. Actually, you know what? It is.

Quick Dev Diary
[gt]53741[/gt]

First Seven Minutes Walkthrough
[gt]54009[/gt]

I'm really looking forward to grabbing this on Wednesday.

Seth

MD Party Room
The game is downloading now! I cant wait to play it.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Bought it about an hour ago. Pretty good game, just got to get used to aiming.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This game is super fun, I can't stop playing it. One guy on my friends list is at 93% of the items.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I bought it, its great

I also like how it tracks your stats in game with others on your friends list on the fly.

Like when I melee someone, it'll pull up my count and yours on screen and my headshot count to Sinfulfate's, etc.

James.

User Not Found
I also like how it tracks your stats in game with others on your friends list on the fly.

Like when I melee someone, it'll pull up my count and yours on screen and my headshot count to Sinfulfate's, etc.
Yeah, i was quite impressed with myself when I overtook you..

But then i realised you had been away for 15mins <_<

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This game is super fun, I can't stop playing it. One guy on my friends list is at 93% of the items.

Looks like I've got to buy a new game then :) I'll purchase it tomorrow (or at least try the demo). I'm a bit hesitant about side-scrollers on a console but I loved castle crashers

Joey

Looks like I've got to buy a new game then :) I'll purchase it tomorrow (or at least try the demo). I'm a bit hesitant about side-scrollers on a console but I loved castle crashers

It's not really a side-scroller, it's more like Super Metroid. Actually,this game is almost Super Metroid reskined, to be honest.

Anyway, I just beat the game with 100% of the items. This is at least the second best XBLA game.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Got the game a few hours ago.
Pretty sweet, really good for an Arcade game.

James.

User Not Found
[STRIKE]Urgh, its so tempting to just finish the game. I need one more passkey but i have no idea where it is. No more '?'s on the map either. [/STRIKE][BLACKOUT]It was the passkey next to the scuba mask, i could have sworn i picked that one up[/BLACKOUT]

And the leaderboards are broken, they dont have my most up-to-date score. In-game I have 2233000, but i have ~550000 on the leaderboards

Joey

Urgh, its so tempting to just finish the game. I need one more passkey but i have no idea where it is. No more '?'s on the map either.

And the leaderboards are broken, they dont have my most up-to-date score. In-game I have 2233000, but i have ~550000 on the leaderboards

[BLACKOUT]There's a glitch... It's in the room where you find the scuba gear, but when you pick up the scuba gear, the "?" disappears, that's why you can't find it on the map.[/BLACKOUT]

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
really cool, I loved metroid Fusion on GBA, so I love this game too, reminds me of the good'ol'days haha. I just got the grappling hook and have to fight that weird tall mech thingy.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM EST ----------

I just beat it with 666 kills.... wtf haha