• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The lasers, as promised.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I wouldn't be surprised if the title of this announcement has left you confused. It's an inside joke that only those that frequent our friendly IRC channel will recognise. The lasers. They are being worked on and are nearly ready.

Even if you don't recognise where the title is from, you should remember the hint I made from the announcement when we moved the servers:
With this move, we'll be able to provide you with some much requested things that I'm sure all you guys out there will enjoy (especially if you're a gamer ;)).

Ring a bell? No? How about an image to confuse you even more:
sniper.jpg

Can you guess what I'm about to announce yet?

It is my absolute pleasure to be the one announcing that, we, the staff at M for Mature have been busy working on setting up some game servers for M for Mature - for you guys, for our community. Yea, you heard me right, M for Mature is getting its own game servers for some popular games that I've seen you guys play often, the most obvious one being TF2 (if you recognised the Sniper's laser scope) and the other(s)…well, you'll find out soon enough.

This announcement is being posted now because we would like to open up the server to a few testers soon before we decide if it is ready for M for Mature and the general public. It would make sense to only open it up to Contributors for testing (as they are super cool and hard working, so they deserve to be given the first exclusive play test), but there aren't enough of them to make the test-playing enjoyable, in my opinion, so we're going to open it up to regulars on our IRC channel too.

In case it has gone unnoticed, we've kind of already had some game servers in the form of the ones from our partner, x3sphere and his site eXophase.com.

If you'd like to try out Golden Eye: Source Beta 3 or Left 4 Dead, we recommend you check out x3sphere's servers:
174.139.4.138:27025 - eXophase.com GE:S Beta 3 Server - Modern Maps
174.139.4.138:27027 - eXophae.com GE:S Beta 3 Server - Classic Maps
exophase.com:27015 - Left 4 Dead Server - eXophase.com
exophase.com:27016 - Left 4 Dead Server #2 - eXophase.com

If you haven't tried Golden Eye: Source Beta 3 yet, I suggest you do. It's a really fun game that you can easily get M for Mature players for, check out our GE:S discussion thread for more information :)

Our IRC channel not only allows you guys to really get to know us, but we tend to give out hints on what's to come and/or offer our loyal IRC go-ers exclusive goodies like this one right here, so if you want to get in on the fun, join us on IRC! I know it can be quiet and slow at times, but when it picks up it's a blast.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
New more powerful server = more awesomeness for MfM members!

I hope you guys enjoy the new services. :)

Colm

Evil, as you know I can provide help, support, testing etc...
Hell, if you need a server admin, I can help with that :D

Colm

Tests on TF2 server have shown that the following events are crashing the server
Capping a control point on Dustbowl
Moving the Cart to the second last point on a PayLoad Map

There may be more crashes. We'll iron these out before the server goes public.
EDIT: These crashes seem to have been solved :D

Serideth

I just had the chance to test out the server with ES and X3, good news for EU players is it's fast enough for us to able to play properly.

Hardrive

Contributor
I'm sorry that I wasn't around to do the testing, but I really am excited about the TF2 servers being up. Hopefully we can get our TF2 night in now :).

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Dang, I'm gonna need to get TF2 for the PC for this.. I have it on the 360 and it's amazing.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I'd like to try, I have a mic and would give you some good advice (if you need it) on how to get things rolling properly.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
It's well worth getting, would be so awesome if I wasn't the only one with a mic though.-

Well if I got it you still would be... I'm incredibly unlucky with mics. In the past 2 years, I've purchased 3 different ones and all of them have broken within 1 month or so of heavy usage.

Colm

I just had the chance to test out the server with ES and X3, good news for EU players is it's fast enough for us to able to play properly.
Aye, I'm on (by myself) now, just checking if it's working OK, I'm getting 101 ping which is decent enough considering I've a pretty bad connection. Bugs seem to be ironed out, although we don't have the sourcemod plugins up yet so they might cause some trouble when we start.