• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi [The MFM Analysis] Serial Killers

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
I only covered the home consoles intentionally. There were too many portable games to cover and it didn't make much sense to include them.

aahhh i only remember one but then again i lost major interest a longtime ago

Adiuvo

Very nice article Eldiablov. It is sad to see Spyro go down the drain like that, but I don't think it's due to the length of the series, just developer incompetence. Look at Ratchet and Clank, it hasn't hit any bumps in the road yet (unless you count Deadlocked), and the series is still going quite strong. Perhaps it's just a stronger IP, but Spyro was none to shabby itself.

Roe

Good article. I too grew up with Spyro and still have the original PS1 discs for the first three games. Great games.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Awesome peice of history right there eldiablov :D And also a crude lesson for all wannabe developers to learn. Be very careful with your IP's.

I wonder what would have become of Spyro if Insomiac had kept the IP under their wing.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
I wonder what would have become of Spyro if Insomiac had kept the IP under their wing.

they dropped it. they let it rest. its an ex-ip etc etc (add more monty python parrot sketch here if needs be)

perhaps they might of made a collection thing like GoW

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I agree with the spyro article, one of my favourite games. And what happened to Croc?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
btw eldiablov, Mario.

eldiablov

Contributor
I agree with the spyro article, one of my favourite games. And what happened to Croc?

Look back on the Croc series. It was not as good as you remember xD

Believe me I know.

Kezra, Mario!? I think that's one for you, I'm not convinced :eek:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Look back on the Croc series. It was not as good as you remember xD

Believe me I know.

Kezra, Mario!? I think that's one for you, I'm not convinced :eek:

Mario's holes have been plumbed for all they've got. I can't pick a Mario game ever since Mario 64.

Seriously, the freaking games get worse after each iteration.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That's the original Mario remake isn't it? It was good, but again: "been there, done that" feeling settled a little while playing it... But it was a very good remake... A clear exception

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It wasn't a remake, it was a new game.

I knew I should have finished it -.-

I should ask for my cousin's DS again and try it again then...

You bring up a good point in your Spyro article. Publishers/Developers need to know when to let a series end, before it get's milked into oblivion. Mario's an example of one that's starting to go down that path. On the other hand, Nintendo/Retro Studios managed to end Metroid Prime in a good manner.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Thread's going well so far...I'd recommend a look at the Megaman games.