• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi [The MFM Analysis] Serial Killers

I feel the Pokemon series spiked at G/S/C IMO, but the recent games are still good. An old IGN article remarked on the MissingNo. glitch, stating players were willing to sacrifice the stability of their game simply to level up their pokemon, stating the game's popularity.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I feel the Pokemon series spiked at G/S/C IMO, but the recent games are still good. An old IGN article remarked on the MissingNo. glitch, stating players were willing to sacrifice the stability of their game simply to level up their pokemon, stating the game's popularity.

Pokemon Silver was by far my favorite game of all time, simply because I remember playing it so much when I was like 10. It was the bomb, it really was.

MissingNo. was before my time =/, but damn, Silver/Gold were awesome, especially Ho-Oh.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
again, Final Fantasy xD Or am I going to have to do it? xD

eldiablov

Contributor
You'll have to do it xD

I am in the process of writing my Prince of Persia analysis, I have also had to remove NoEffex's article as it does not fit this thread. Looks like I'll have to make another one :D

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
New Zelda DS sucks. Btw, welcome back blacksheep

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
elly, the new Zelda DS does suck ass. Have you seen the videos? I was like "FFS Nintendo not Zelda!"

eldiablov

Contributor
Haven't been at this for a while, the articles are back up and the prince of persia one should be done by tomorrow, I'm really sorry for the delay. I added a funky banner image for your troubles.

LocutusEstBorg

IMO its not because of the developers. Image if the first Spyro was just made today and debuted on the PS3/360. There is no way anyone will put up with that kind of gameplay.

Imagine if the 1985 Prince of Persia was only made today and ran on Cryengine 3 and only used the arrow keys.

Those games were designed for a particular mindset and expectations of gamers at the time. They simply cannot be evolved into something that sells in 2009.

The PS2 Prince of Persia games could have been called anything else and would have sold just as well as a completely new game. They frankly had nothing to do with the first two games.

So effectively, the developers didn't ruin a good series. They made a crappy game and decided to call it the next game in a popular series and bank on that.

eldiablov

Contributor
My point is just this, why not stop making it?

Why the hell would you develop something that used to be so great knowing that it will never be the same?