• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Music thread! - Post your music here (remixed, re-instrumentation, original)

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I like it! Is it totally sone from scratch or do you use midifiles to get the melodies etc? Anyway, sounds good as a finnished song! :)

Here is a little silly thing where i tried to sing heh...

Tindeck MP3 Hosting: renaissance affair cover test.mp3

not perfect but whatever..

Ah, Sometimes I might use Midi files as a basis but I did this completely from scratch.
It was originally going to be a vocal arrangement but my Microphone isn't terribly great for recording vocals so I pulled some ideas out of my head and went to work Xp (which took me a few weeks as per usual)

I've never heard the original of what you did , but I like it. There was a few pops here and there I think I heard but it sounds cool, vocal harmonies are always great to listen to.

madsoul

Ah, Sometimes I might use Midi files as a basis but I did this completely from scratch.
It was originally going to be a vocal arrangement but my Microphone isn't terribly great for recording vocals so I pulled some ideas out of my head and went to work Xp

I've never heard the original of what you did , but I like it. There was a few pops here and there I think I heard but it sounds cool, vocal harmonies are always great to listen to.

ok! nice, thanks! here is the original btw:

Hooverphonic - Blue Wonder Power Milk - Renaissance Affair

i just tested with the first lyrics. and mine sounds direfent heh. one of my favorite songs btw!

madsoul

Remaking an old little song. Just on a concept stage atm.

Tindeck MP3 Hosting: Torsktunga - Gracious test 1

Lyrics:

what are you doing here
where did you come from
why do you want this
just look what I have become
turn and walk away now, you are not welcome
Id never let you in
turn and walk away from here, forget what you have seen here within
your gracious I am not
take care of what you got
your gracious I am not
free yourself while you can still react
and make it on your own
free yourself while you are this intact
bring light to the unknown

Its a little messy right now at parts since i recorded it so badly hehe. Just a first test.

Trigun

Good Stuff
You work quick haha.

I've been working on quite a bit of stuff lately. But I can't put download links for most of it because they are going to be released as part of Albums with other people from places like OCRemix.

After I Finish the mastering on a Re-Master of a track from last August i'll post a link

madsoul

Good Stuff
You work quick haha.

I've been working on quite a bit of stuff lately. But I can't put download links for most of it because they are going to be released as part of Albums with other people from places like OCRemix.

After I Finish the mastering on a Re-Master of a track from last August i'll post a link

cool! cant wait to hear! :D

here is a better version of my song btw:

Tindeck MP3 Hosting: Torsktunga - gracious

better voice mixing. but still recorded with shit iphone so... have to get a mic.

Trigun

Ok this is one

Download X.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
It's Rock so if that's not your thing you might not like it hah

but it's a remaster of of "X" from here
Dwelling of Duels at VGMix: Past Duels: Free Month - 2009 (August)

Ah I see what you mean about that. What might help is running a Low Pass Filter around 8khz on the vocal track. But generally it does sound great for being recorded with an un professional mic.

I still need a good mic myself. That Acoustic/Orch Arrangement I posted a few weeks ago was recorded(The Acoustic guitars) with a terrible terrible 8$ Mic/headset I bought at Home Depot for my brother a few years ago.