• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Reason we can't play OFW 5.55 games until we get 5.55 CFW

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah, despite the past, there ARE actually good games in queue for the PSP.... seems like it's going up again :)

Yep... and there are LOTS of good games behind too :D

Erland

MEEEEP, wrong :p

TM IPL loader can NOT boot any OFW on the Slim and also not CFW before a certain revision - don't exacetly remember which one, something around 3.80/3.90, I think.

DAX had to update/change/patch the custom part of the CFW IPL to make it bootable from flash via TM.
OFW remains incompatible with TM IPL loader on the Slim :(

On the Fat, everything works fine though, up to 6.00 OFW, using it myself in that setup.

I didn't realize you couldn't use OFW on the SLIM. I never tried it on my slim but, have on my PHAT. I new that TIME Machine did work and just assumed like with the PHAT OFW should work with the SLIM..

My bad.

Hellcat

Contributor
Ah, no need to fell bad, I lost count how many times I fell for it.
Like, flashing a PSP (Slim) and then going like "OMFG! BRICKAGE!!!", reflashing, rereflashing and so on and then - an hour - later figureing out that booting w/o the Pandora battery would have solved it *lol*

rileysnotz

Well i've got the 6.00 eboot. I think I'll wait till Motorstorm or Shift is in stock and then upgrade. Really waiting for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines! Guess the games won! Damn you Sony for making me choose! :p

afteralter

S for Surreal
Well i've got the 6.00 eboot. I think I'll wait till Motorstorm or Shift is in stock and then upgrade. Really waiting for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines! Guess the games won! Damn you Sony for making me choose! :p

Dang it.. >_> No more homebrews for you too? :(

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Dang it.. >_> No more homebrews for you too? :(

This is going to happen more and more... Get used to it... People will want to play the games, they will have to buy the games, and eventually they will have to update their PSPs in order to play them.

afteralter

S for Surreal
This is going to happen more and more... Get used to it... People will want to play the games, they will have to buy the games, and eventually they will have to update their PSPs in order to play them.

Oh well. You know someone who sells a phat psp? XD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
my GF wants to sell hers, actually...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

afteralter

S for Surreal

nathu

But people who want homebrew but also want to play GT portable, LBP PSP, Motorstrom, assasins creed etc who are not on a phat are pretty screwed as TimeMachine IPL doesn't work on a slim (or does it. I'm confused) (timemachine IPL can run 6.00 OFW from flash but then if you want, run 5.00M33 from Mem stick so you can play UMD's on 6.00 and enjoy Homebrew with 5.00M33 xD) and if you have a 3k, you're definitely screwed

how can u forget CHINATOWN WARS :huh:

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Most games won't work on 3k though (GT prtable, naruto, disgaea etc)