• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Reason we can't play OFW 5.55 games until we get 5.55 CFW

Erland

A devhook-like thing would be sweet, to boot a full OFW from stick, launched from CFW....

Talk to Math he has the source code for it and should have no issues giving it to you if you ask... It should just take a few (hundred) tweaks and you should be able to get 5.55 OFW running on it... lol

ant2340

chickHEN wasn't wanting to work anymore on my PSP 3000 so I gave up on it and picked up 1000 from a co-worker. So now I will use my 3000 for official stuff such as UMD games and use the 1000 for homebrew. Which I carry both them in my backpack, no more worrying about what firmware I have depending what I want to do just switch systems.

Adiuvo

Of course there are (a few) that really want to use homebrew AND play the most recent games.... granted, that's a problem indeed.

I for my part (having a Fat) have a nice working solution: the PSP is on the most recent available OFW flashwise, but armed with a fully set up pandora, the TM/DDC IPL loader is configured to boot from flash by default - everything official runns fine.
When I want to test something or run a HB, if hold "down" while powering on, booting a DDC and so 4.01-M33 from stilck - perfect environment to run my HBs.

Unfortunately that setup does not work on the slim, as the IPL loader is not able to boot from flash on it.

A devhook-like thing would be sweet, to boot a full OFW from stick, launched from CFW....
Same setup I have on my PSP. It's unfortunate that you can't play the latest games if you don't have a fat PSP, but you can't have the best of both worlds. Reminds me of the days of just 1.50, and no CFW.

junya8971

chickHEN wasn't wanting to work anymore on my PSP 3000 so I gave up on it and picked up 1000 from a co-worker. So now I will use my 3000 for official stuff such as UMD games and use the 1000 for homebrew. Which I carry both them in my backpack, no more worrying about what firmware I have depending what I want to do just switch systems.

You know what that is a good idea! haha Play homebrew on PSP-1000 and play the games that I buy on PSP-3000. I just may do that since I have both, but my phat is pretty beat up, lol:p

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Thats a good idea but some people can't afford two psp's. I have one single 3k as i haven't been in the homebrew scene too long but i have been reading about it and sharing idea's since the 1k was out. i find that i can affor the 3k and then one or maybe two games a month. But i want to use homebrew so i stick to 5.03 hen. I am now saving mone as the new games in stores are not playable on my psp so i may save up for a 1k for CFW and keep my 3k up to date so its not so bad for people who want to buy their games, they will just have to stop buying and save.

Davee

lolhax
It's simple really. Install TM and 3.40 OE and then install 5.55 OFW. That way you get the best of both worlds.

shikamaru

That was a possible 1k/2k(under 88v3) solution

Mandingo

Old fart
I for my part (having a Fat) have a nice working solution: the PSP is on the most recent available OFW flashwise, but armed with a fully set up pandora, the TM/DDC IPL loader is configured to boot from flash by default - everything official runns fine.
When I want to test something or run a HB, if hold "down" while powering on, booting a DDC and so 4.01-M33 from stilck - perfect environment to run my HBs.

Unfortunately that setup does not work on the slim, as the IPL loader is not able to boot from flash on it.
I used to do so too with my phat. I miss that with my Slim.
Is there any chance to program an IPL loader to work with OFW and Slim?
Running OFW from flash and CFW from ms would be an ideal solution for me.

shikamaru

Yeah but, no-one is updating CFW to play these games so its not good news for Slim/3k owners. Apparantly Fats can play them though. If we update to the newest OFW just to play these handful of games, we will lose homebrew so we need a solution like having CFW and OFw installed and loaded or simply updating the CFW

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah but, no-one is updating CFW to play these games so its not good news for Slim/3k owners. Apparantly Fats can play them though. If we update to the newest OFW just to play these handful of games, we will lose homebrew so we need a solution like having CFW and OFw installed and loaded or simply updating the CFW

But unfortunately for you, that will never happen because people don't know how to use CFW responsibly... :(

Evilmaster

Yep some people do and it works like a charm I even run it on 5.00 M33-6.
- Use the (EU) version of the game (NOT THE (J) one!!!)

- Install GEN-A
- Install GEN-B

- Connect your PSP to the PC using USB and delete the 2 *.IND files.
(This do is needed they are the 2 memstick files in the root of the memstick)

Recovery menu settings:
Advanced --> Configuration --> Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (Enabled)
Advanced --> Configuration --> Plain modules in UMD/ISO (Disabled)

- UMD Driver: Sony NP9660 -NO UMD
- Version.txt enabled.

Using this config on a PSP phat running 5.50 GEN-B you can even save the game and it works like a charm.

Just remember: Every time you start the game sellect: New game.
Now from the main menu use option: Data ---> Load game.
To succesfully load the game time after time also saving is done here.
AND NOT AT THE MAIN SCREEN!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now to run this game on M33 you will not be able to save however you CAN play it, and atleast enjoy a few battles or play vs friends.

- Use the (EU) version of the game (NOT THE (J) one!!!)

- Connect your PSP to the PC using USB and delete the 2 *.IND files.
(This do is needed they are the 2 memstick files in the root of the memstick)

Recovery menu settings:
Advanced --> Configuration --> Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (Enabled)

- UMD Driver: Sony NP9660 -NO UMD
- Version.txt enabled.

Once the game boots dodge any savegame feature.
Also if you already have a savegame delete it.

Using this setup it runs perfectly fine WITHOUT saving on my PSP phat using 5.00 M33-6.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also I just google a bit and run into a FIX for M33.
Iam yet to test this on my PSP phat using M33 tho I wanted to share it already.
Please if this kind of stuff is unwanted on the forums delete it at once:

Soul Caliber IV (EUR) Ripkit & Fix.rar

http://forums.maxconsole.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24369&d=1251819179

Here is the readme:

Soul Calibur IV EUR [346 MB cso] Fix & Ripkit By DaveWeed

Tested on PSP Fat FW 5.00m33-6

Ripped : update,boot.bin fixed & renamed to eboot.bin

Extract the ripkit into a folder,Copy your Untouched iso game into same folder,
rename your Untouched iso to original.iso and double click rip.bat

Untouched iso must be 859 GB (900,923,392 bytes)

I have edited the boot.bin and renamed it eboot.bin using the following instructions :

1.extract BOOT.BIN from euro game.

2.Open extracted BOOT.BIN in hex editor
from 0x00399AF0 to 0x00399B0B
hex with zeros MEMSTICK.IND....MSTK_PRO.IND

at 0x0039A1C9 change text SAVEDATA to PAVEDATA
at 0x0039C095 change text SAVEDATA to PAVEDATA

3.rename BOOT.BIN to EBOOT.BIN repack iso. approx 350 MB.

Features:
1.No need to go to recovery menu.
2.Boots on at least 5.00 m33-4 phat no deletion of mem stick files needed.
3.Game Saving appears to work ok.

Credits to faceless81

Enjoy

Please note this patch apply`s to the (EU) version and NOT the (J) version.

Just tested and works like a charm on M33.
Note: Make sure ur UMD driver is on M33 as it will not work on Sony driver.
(Using this patch that is)

Also note that when using this patch in recovery menu:
Advanced --> Configuration --> Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (Disabled)
Else the game wont boot.

Greetz, Evil.

fenerche

I'm playing it with CFWe 3.60 (or whatever the latest version is) with absolutely no problems.But I have no idea what version the game is (eu or us).And yes,I downloaded it illegally,kill me.

shikamaru

Apparantly, it only works on a Phat Fenerche, are you using a 3k ad succesfully playing the game? If so, please post your settings

Evilmaster

Have you guys tried to use the rip kit and then use the patched ISO on a CFWenabler?
(Doing this using the: M33 UMD driver.)

Greetz, Evil.