• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Reason we can't play OFW 5.55 games until we get 5.55 CFW

fenerche

I have a PSP slim 2000 (so it's JAP i guess.)UMD dirver is set to Sony NP9660.
Also my CFWe is 3.50 not 3.60.Fake region is set to europe.MS speed up and spoof mac adress are enabled (dunno if it matters).Use version.txt is disasbled.I can post a pic if you wish.Still don't know if the game is EU or US.Any way I can check?

afteralter

S for Surreal
I'll just update my 3k to 5.55 OFW and play it with no harm done :)
And buy a phat for HB's :)

Jhazky

Just an update.. It seems Soul Calibur IV Broken Destiny (the one released by KloWn) is now playable on any CFW including CFE 3.60 and 5.02 GEN-A. It also works on psp 2k and 3k if you're asking. So it's possible to play 5.55 OFW games after all?

BlackSheep

I have a PSP slim 2000 (so it's JAP i guess.)UMD dirver is set to Sony NP9660.
Also my CFWe is 3.50 not 3.60.Fake region is set to europe.MS speed up and spoof mac adress are enabled (dunno if it matters).Use version.txt is disasbled.I can post a pic if you wish.Still don't know if the game is EU or US.Any way I can check?

Thank you bro! Works fine with 3.60 too.;)

Wait! It takes forever to fight i get some code any help?

Erland

The reason why Soul Calibur works is because the eboot file that is going around is decrypted. All games that require 5.55 has a new encryption that previous firmwares do not have. Unless someone can decrypt the eboot file from the game then they cannot be played until a new cfw comes out.

Mr.B

welll.. if anyone wants to know im on 5.03 gen and i have a 3k and i plays fine i can save and my settings are normal and im using sony driver
'

afteralter

S for Surreal
My classmate had a 2k (ta-088v2) and was playing dissidia US w/o problems >.>

afteralter

S for Surreal
only the european dissidia really needs a newer firmware.
US and JP work fine on CFWe

good thing i managed to get hold of a US copy.

I bought the UMD for 2150 php. Around 40-50 USD :)
Games like this are worth buying, right?

Wilmer

Well CFW wasn't made for playing ISOs it was started to run homebrew I believe. So I'm not complaining I can't play a new game with my 5.50GEN-B2 PSP.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Well CFW wasn't made for playing ISOs it was started to run homebrew I believe. So I'm not complaining I can't play a new game with my 5.50GEN-B2 PSP.

Good thinking. :)

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
But people who want homebrew but also want to play GT portable, LBP PSP, Motorstrom, assasins creed etc who are not on a phat are pretty screwed as TimeMachine IPL doesn't work on a slim (or does it. I'm confused) (timemachine IPL can run 6.00 OFW from flash but then if you want, run 5.00M33 from Mem stick so you can play UMD's on 6.00 and enjoy Homebrew with 5.00M33 xD) and if you have a 3k, you're definitely screwed

afteralter

S for Surreal
But people who want homebrew but also want to play GT portable, LBP PSP, Motorstrom, assasins creed etc who are not on a phat are pretty screwed as TimeMachine IPL doesn't work on a slim (or does it. I'm confused) (timemachine IPL can run 6.00 OFW from flash but then if you want, run 5.00M33 from Mem stick so you can play UMD's on 6.00 and enjoy Homebrew with 5.00M33 xD) and if you have a 3k, you're definitely screwed

You said it -.-
Now I'm thinking of getting my other 3k fixed for HB's.. and my current 3k gets updated everytime..

Erland

Time Machine IPL dose work on the SLIM. You should not have any issues using Time Machine on both the PHAT and the SLIM to have 6.00 OFW on the NAND and 5.00 M33-4 off the Memory Stick.

Hellcat

Contributor
Time Machine IPL dose work on the SLIM. You should not have any issues using Time Machine on both the PHAT and the SLIM to have 6.00 OFW on the NAND and 5.00 M33-4 off the Memory Stick.
MEEEEP, wrong :p

TM IPL loader can NOT boot any OFW on the Slim and also not CFW before a certain revision - don't exacetly remember which one, something around 3.80/3.90, I think.

DAX had to update/change/patch the custom part of the CFW IPL to make it bootable from flash via TM.
OFW remains incompatible with TM IPL loader on the Slim :(

On the Fat, everything works fine though, up to 6.00 OFW, using it myself in that setup.

rileysnotz

Damn my 3k. It's a hard choice to make. Do i sacrifice homebrew especially the plugins or upgrade to 6.00 to play newer games? It's a damn shame to have to choose. I wanna have both. I can't afford to have a second PSP for homebrew :(

Oh well guess we all can't be winners huh?

Hellcat

Contributor
Ew, that sucks in a real hurting way....
REALLY tough choice, I don't know what I would do :-/

Are there many of the new games you want to play?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'd go for games... There are much more games coming worth the upgrade than homebrew worth missing all new games.

That's my 2c

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, despite the past, there ARE actually good games in queue for the PSP.... seems like it's going up again :)