• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Universal Exploit FW 1.00 - 6.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAMCAN

WOW.

2 days and here we have a PSP Go! hack.
Freeplay posted a video of him dumping the PSP Go!'s internal memory. Today, he released a video of Hello World running from his exploit... for the PSP 1000, 2000, 3000, and N1000, running on any firmware ranging from 1.00 to 6.10.

Dumping the Go!: YouTube - PSP Go (Slightly) Hacked in Two Days. Poor, poor Sony...
Hello Go!: YouTube - Hello Go! (Universal PSP Hello World)

Supposedly this Usermode exploit has been around since the beginning.

SOURCE: Hello world for the PSP Go - PSP Go is Hacked! | PSP Go Hacks - Hack PSP Go

Frozty

Edit:Nevermind its wrong

Erland

Good work FreePlay

Gumshot

Uhm just a stupid question but if this unsigned code can run on the 6.10 firmware does that mean there probably MAY be a way to get the ChickHEN running on the 6.10 ? just curious =D

mannymix03

nice job freeplay, on our way to a real exploit that will be able to override system settings (currently this one cannot do that, nor write to flash). Its a great start!

What i dont get is people who are like "OH NO, NOW ISOs can be played on the system and then developers won't make games for the psp anymore. I saw one person claiming that we won't have games like GT and motostorm. Fucking idiots, every system out there can be exploited to play pirated games (not sure about ps3 as I don't cover that much, but 360, wii, nds, etc) and there are no lack of games. Fuck people are so stupid

Gumshot

+1 adding myself with the person above only ease up on the language there are 11-12 year old noobies here also =D

Hellcat

Contributor
o_O HB on the GO would be nice, really.... but, it'll also only bring ISOs again :(
Yes, all systems can be pirated, but none has a so huge ammount of pirating kiddies as the PSP, that seriously has to stop - I hope this exploit stays usermode only.

Adiuvo

Yeah, no matter what it seems the PSP has definitely been effected greatly by piracy, so much that now it's entire homebrew 'scene' revolves around it.

Usermode only would be the best.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
As long as I can get my "Special Edition" and "Collector's Edition" of the games I want I really don't care :D

Just got Persona: Collector's Edition and Dissidia: Special edition is on the way :D yay for the advantages of original :p

mannymix03

meh, ill openly admit that I will not pay for any PSP game. Why? because they are overpriced and most are pretty much garbage besides 1 or 2 gems every couple of months which i will pay for.

jasonkhoo87

i agree with mannymix03, the price for 1UMD is really high and how can we manage to buy many games if it cost us too much... but, maybe we can buy some of the UMD game that we like and the rest, we just try the piracy, since after finish the game we will not touch it anymore.. :)

Adiuvo

You don't deserve to have anything unless you pay for it. Saying you don't have enough money to buy a game isn't an excuse to go out and pirate it. Games are expensive to make and if a game is good enough to play it's good enough to buy.

Frozty

You don't deserve to have anything unless you pay for it. Saying you don't have enough money to buy a game isn't an excuse to go out and pirate it. Games are expensive to make and if a game is good enough to play it's good enough to buy.

Well said.:p

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
meh, ill openly admit that I will not pay for any PSP game. Why? because they are overpriced and most are pretty much garbage besides 1 or 2 gems every couple of months which i will pay for.

i agree with mannymix03, the price for 1UMD is really high and how can we manage to buy many games if it cost us too much... but, maybe we can buy some of the UMD game that we like and the rest, we just try the piracy, since after finish the game we will not touch it anymore.. :)

beatyr.png

That is all.

insane

Uhm just a stupid question but if this unsigned code can run on the 6.10 firmware does that mean there probably MAY be a way to get the ChickHEN running on the 6.10 ? just curious =D
It should be able to be ported(patched?) but I think a better solution would be to create a brand new hen that would be extremely difficult and very time consuming to write an iso loader for.

The GO has a lot of new possibilities for homebrew apps and I would be interested to see what people come up with to utilize its new features, but honestly sony seems unable to stop people from hacking their firmwares, now the homebrew scene indirectly or not started all this piracy and if sony can't stop it, then who does that leave?

afteralter

S for Surreal

0c403cc7bce78370f96771ae6cf422a7.jpg

Yes.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Is this what you call the user mode exploit? o_O I'm noob with PSP dev'ing :)

lilspanyol

I hope freeplay won't release it (and I thought he said he wouldn't)...
Homebrews are nice (hence , I'm still on 5.03) , but it is getting to much with the pirating

'Costing to much' is not an excuse , imagine that you were the developer , would you like to see your (hard) work being download , instead of getting money for it?

And the feeling of having a new game is awesome (when you buy it) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.