• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Universal Exploit FW 1.00 - 6.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedicemaster

It should be able to be ported(patched?) but I think a better solution would be to create a brand new hen that would be extremely difficult and very time consuming to write an iso loader for.

The GO has a lot of new possibilities for homebrew apps and I would be interested to see what people come up with to utilize its new features, but honestly sony seems unable to stop people from hacking their firmwares, now the homebrew scene indirectly or not started all this piracy and if sony can't stop it, then who does that leave?

sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
this is a usermode game exploit.
there is no known kernelmode game exploit.

EDIT: forgot to mention.
this isn't even a public exploit, only a proof of concept exploit that even the PSP GO isn't 100% hackproof.
freeplay already stated it won't be available to the public because he wants to use that exploit to test sony's ability to fix stuff.
besides, chickHEN uses a kernelmode VSH exploit.
that means it can only be launched from exploits inside the XMB(such as modified images, music, video files, etc)

afteralter

S for Surreal
Yay, I was right xD It's a user mode exploit :D
The only thing I don't like about the GO! is the slide feature >_>
I had experiences with slides/flip-tops for cellular phones and hated them so much xD
*I was very careful with them

SpAMCAN

It works on Firmwares 1.00 to 6.10, meaning it must be a PSP-1000 launch title, and a PSP-N1000 launch title.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
meh, ill openly admit that I will not pay for any PSP game. Why? because they are overpriced and most are pretty much garbage besides 1 or 2 gems every couple of months which i will pay for.

i agree with mannymix03, the price for 1UMD is really high and how can we manage to buy many games if it cost us too much... but, maybe we can buy some of the UMD game that we like and the rest, we just try the piracy, since after finish the game we will not touch it anymore.. :)

Those excuses are so last century. :p

If PSP games suck so much why do you even own one or play them? Although I do agree there is a lot of garabage on the console. But even failed games like Valhalla Knights 1/2 have an interesting concept behind them. You just have to have an eye for gaming to see such things. My 19 years of gaming help me when it comjes to that.

If you use the internet to pirate games, then use it to find cheaper games, like I do. I bought Persona: Collector's Edition (new) for 32€ when it's around 50 on retail and not even out here where I live. I also ordered this weekend Dissidia: Final Fantasy for 42€ when it's around 60€ on retail. And these are special editions, I could get the normal for half the prices.

Ontopic: This exploit is never going to be released because it would just be patched, and even the release of the video is a risk. Although it's a nice POC, exploits should be kept secret. Need I remind everyone that sony patched around 10 usermode/kernel exploits when they made the6.00 firmware?

Evilmaster

If I was Freeplay , I would hand the exploit to Sony , so they can fix it !
Maybe you get a free cookie! :w00t:

That is like doing their work for free.
Seeing the fact it was possible not patched since 1.00 the only one who deserves a cookie here is the one who found the exploit and kept it secret in first place since almost the start of the PSP.

Also I would like to point out a few weird things: Freeplay released a movie to show PoC.
This totaly goes against the fact that he wants to see how long it takes before Sony patches it.
As now he already gave them far to much to work with. (Showing parts of the game at savegame)
Also seeing the fact that this exploit has been availible since 1.00 its most likely they would never ever patch it untill it was used and they can identify the game.... like now.

I sure have big respect for Freeplay for pulling this off so soonish.
But I can say we just flushed a nice exploit down the drain as now it for sure will be patched.

For those who think I write this out of frustration because I want a exploit for my GO.
I do not even have one and am not planning to buy one.
Seeing the small size of the device already hurts my hands by looking at it. :p

Iam writing this because perhaps:
Next time if you got something.... work it out into something usable then reveal it.
If that is not possible not releasing it is a good thing to do as you might in trow in someone else his windows.

Greetz, Evil.

SpAMCAN

Saying it worked since 1.00 should narrow it down for Sony. After all, there was like 5 launch titles right?

Proxin

Ahahaha, the music on the second one gets me every time.
I've watched it about 6 times now. x]

From what I can tell, I have the same laptop as the one in that video...

On-topic: Not gonna lie, this video is the only thing so far to make me want to buy a PSP Go. I know I still will not buy one, but this is the most interesting thing I've seen about it so far.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Saying it worked since 1.00 should narrow it down for Sony. After all, there was like 5 launch titles right?

Not necessarily...it's possible that a later game, when used on the 1.00 firmware, is exploitable. The list is definitely limited to the PSN titles though obviously.

mannymix03

Those excuses are so last century. :p

If PSP games suck so much why do you even own one or play them? Although I do agree there is a lot of garabage on the console. But even failed games like Valhalla Knights 1/2 have an interesting concept behind them. You just have to have an eye for gaming to see such things. My 19 years of gaming help me when it comjes to that.

If you use the internet to pirate games, then use it to find cheaper games, like I do. I bought Persona: Collector's Edition (new) for 32

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Eh, I'm a poor college student, I worry more about my studies then I do with gaming, in fact i've bought very few games recently and most of them have a multiplayer component. For example, I dropped down the $40 to buy GT5 because I like the game, its a good game with good replay value. But most games are just beat em and never play em again, I'm not going to drop $40 on a game ill never play again. I spent less than $40 on a 4gb memory stick and I can replace/change games whenever I beat them, yeah call me the "cancer" of gaming or whatever, but until developers start adding real replay value (or lowering the price) I'm not going to pay $40 for a game I play once and never touch again, sorry but there's too much in my life that the $40 could be better suited for.

Now that being said I am more than willing to support developers who actually put out decent product, I usually buy the "collectors editions" of games that have a good track record (Modern Warfare, 2).

And I don't know if its just me, but how come every other system (including NDS) seems like the developers just care more? I've seen way better releases recently for the DS than for the psp.

No one is calling you cancer or whatnot and I do understand your position, since I'm the exact same spot as you and like you, I only play games that have some kind of replay value.

Unlike you though, I have never given $40 for a game (unless it was a special/collector's edition, even though my Crisis Core: Limited Edition coste me like... 25

mannymix03

No one is calling you cancer or whatnot and I do understand your position, since I'm the exact same spot as you and like you, I only play games that have some kind of replay value.

Unlike you though, I have never given $40 for a game (unless it was a special/collector's edition, even though my Crisis Core: Limited Edition coste me like... 25

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sorry, forgot to mention I already have two jobs. And I also try and use craigslist, etc to get the cheapest games I can and for the most part it works out a lot. Plus on the side I develop apps for the iPhone (Codepacity, LLC | iPhone, iPod Touch, and Desktop Computer Applications) me and a couple of friends do that in our free time. I understand how developers feel about piracy, trust me a lot of the stuff we make is pirated, and to be completely honest when we see that, we look at what we can do to improve or maybe lower the price. For example we saw that network utility was pirated a lot when it was $1.99 so we made a free version and lowered the price of the pro version to $0.99 (the only difference being that hte free version has tiny unobtrusive ads on the bottom). We actually INCREASED downloads of the app and made more money off ads than we did off of sales.

Either way, my 360 is modded but I haven't pirated a game for it in a LONG time because of the replay value of a lot of the games that have come out recently.

I see the argument though, most pirates probably aren't like me, and would pirate games anyway (I know people who pirated ODST, Modern Warfare, CoD: W@W, etc..) all of which I would never pirate because they are worth the $50 for me.

BTW besides craigslist/ebay how are you getting games so cheap?

People have to get by whichever way they can right? ;)

Well, ebay (which I very RARELY use) I look for amazon marketplace sellers (there are always some pretty sweet deals there), and for oportunities within Amazom themselves (they sometimes drop prices greatly for very short amounts of time) and I import games from VideoGamesPlus (look it up on google).

That's about it I guess... Hope I could help...

Adiuvo

Amazon marketplace does have very nice prices. I'm selling my old UMD collection on there within the next few weeks. The people who buy from there generally are better than the Ebay buyers. Two nightmares from idiots who can't even make a payment on time delaying me selling stuff is enough. I've never had a problem with Amazon though.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Amazon marketplace does have very nice prices. I'm selling my old UMD collection on there within the next few weeks. The people who buy from there generally are better than the Ebay buyers. Two nightmares from idiots who can't even make a payment on time delaying me selling stuff is enough. I've never had a problem with Amazon though.

Could you PM me your UMD games and prices? I might be interested in some :p

But yeah, Amazon is one of the best, if not the best online store.

megaorange

to bad there wasnt some way that you had to register a umd to your psp to play the iso of that game that would stop/slow pirates

Adiuvo

Could you PM me your UMD games and prices? I might be interested in some :p

But yeah, Amazon is one of the best, if not the best online store.

Sure, I'll have that for you by tomorrow. You live in Portugal, right?

EDIT: Location thing is great. Anyway, yeah, I'll have that for you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.