• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Acerthief

Ultrimo

thanks, I also read on another site that it only works if you use a psp with custom firmware 1.5 to 3.71 but I have 3 psps, one with 3.71 official, one with 4.01 M33 and one with 3.90 M33-4 or so. Can I use the 4.01 and 3.90 for this tutorial or will i have to get a 3.71?

Ultrimo

Haha! While you're here I may as well ask one last question,

It says the hellcat installer is for 3.XX

are you sure there won't be any problems?

Acerthief

Haha! While you're here I may as well ask one last question,

It says the hellcat installer is for 3.XX

are you sure there won't be any problems?

We say 3.XX meaning to separate the difference between 1.5 and 3.XX/4.XX (Cause saying "the other kernel other than the 1.5Kernel" is quite confusing for noobs.)

So yeah just go on.

aet92

The New one
hello everyone can somebody tell me what is better the 3.90 or the 4.01 but i mean for homebrew (emulators etc) please answer or what new things did the 4.01 have or its better to stay with the 3.90!!

Acerthief

hello everyone can somebody tell me what is better the 3.90 or the 4.01 but i mean for homebrew (emulators etc) please answer or what new things did the 4.01 have or its better to stay with the 3.90!!

4.01M33 for stableness and card read speed.

Ultrimo

I'd say they're pretty much the same except for what Acerthief has already mentioned so you might wanna go for the the 4.01.

And I promise this is the last question of my own!

It says you can convert the pandoras battery into a regular one again but how do you do that considering that you can't even boot the psp with the pandoras inside?

aet92

The New one
I'd say they're pretty much the same except for what Acerthief has already mentioned so you might wanna go for the the 4.01.

And I promise this is the last question of my own!

It says you can convert the pandoras battery into a regular one again but how do you do that considering that you can't even boot the psp with the pandoras inside?
first you boot your psp with the charger and then you insert your battery and then convert it to normal!

thanks for answering me!:biggrin:

Ultrimo

I lied, this is my final question.

Once the magic memory stick is created can you just copy the contents onto another memory stick to make that one a magic memory stick as well?

aero125

Any advice anyone ?

Hi x3sphere,

I have made the MMS using the instructions in your tutorial. I'm now trying to integrate jasOnuk elf menu 0.4 with the nantool capability.

One of the process involving dump decrypting the 1.50 to get usb.prx, usbstor.prx, usbstormgr.prx, usbstorms.prx, and then putting them into the ms0:/kd folder.

I have got the 4 decrypted prx files ready, but then I noticed there is already a kd folder in the MMS, with a load of prx files and including the usb.prx, usbstor.prx, usbstormgr.prx and usbstorms.prx.

I have tried comparing the size of these 4 existing prx files with the newly decrypted ones and noticed they were all different. Eg, the already existed ms0:/kd/usb.prx has a size of 28.5kb while my newly decrypted usb.prx is 58.3kb.

Should I replaced the existing ms0:/kd/usb.prx .... etc with newly decrypted usb.prx ... files ?

By the way, are the prx files in Ms0:/kd in use during the unbricking/downgrading process ? There is already another kd folder in the ms0:/TM/DC5/kd .....

Thk u very much for your help !

Ultrimo

i supposed cuase in this post http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7835
it only says about copying some files to the ms and there so you got a magic ms but we need to let the experts talk but if this is true ultrimo can you share the contents of your magic ms for future time saving please!!

I just reread the tutorial and I guess it wont work because it requires you to format and repartition then install the files...

maybe, you can do that and then copy all the files on!

who knows :O

And yeah if you want the files i'll be happy to hand em out but I think it's huge due to the updates

Edit: I forgot to mention that this tutorial rocks and the battery/memstick work perfectly. So far I've done 2 psps with it - so thanks sooo much!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any advice anyone ?

Yeah it should be ok, to replace those PRX files with decrypted versions. I would backup the original files though just in case.