• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

aet92

The New one
@x3sphere
now that you are passing by i have a question it is possible to convert a normal memory stcik to a magic one only by copying the files of the magic one??
answer please only that is not cleare for me!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@x3sphere
now that you are passing by i have a question it is possible to convert a normal memory stcik to a magic one only by copying the files of the magic one??
answer please only that is not cleare for me!

no, because the IPL needs to be installed on the stick as well, which won't show up in your normal file browser.

Though some programs like the Totalnewbi installer can install the IPL on a PC.

x_fox81

it may sounds silly but how does this tutorial different from karothacker's tutorial on his Ultimate Pandora's Tool v4.3?

This question came to my thoughts after I've master what has been taught in this thread then i saw his thread.

I've D/L the application & find that its about the same.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it may sounds silly but how does this tutorial different from karothacker's tutorial on his Ultimate Pandora's Tool v4.3?

This question came to my thoughts after I've master what has been taught in this thread then i saw his thread.

I've D/L the application & find that its about the same.

His has a lot more applications / utilities that, while useful, most people don't actually need. This is the bare bones setup.

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
nope pandora battery will boot your psp in service mode,after downgrading remove the battery and boot the psp with the charger pluged and run hellcats pandora press a button"can't remember" to return it back to normal

biro

Can this pandoras battery be used like a normal battery?
no as it boot the psp in service mode,so remove the battery after downgrading having the charger pluged then run hellcats pandora press [] to return it back normal and now boot the psp with this battery!!!

aet92

The New one
It doesnt boot into service mode instantly, you have to hold up on the Dpad, otherwise it boots normally for me.
it would be very good cause if we have a unexpected brick we can easily take it out!! with the allready pandorized battery!

m8edy

hey just trying to follow this guide.

am stuck at the start already.

when making the magic memory stick, do i need to have the pandora battery in or a normal one?

i switched mine on with the normal battery in whilst having R pressed (the top right hand extra button thing)...and it boots like normal, not into recovery mode.

i have a new psp slim, running version 4.05

help!

m8edy

jason212

My friend just bought one psp slim which version is 4.01. The problem is: it cant be modified by using pandora method... pls guide..million tks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My friend just bought one psp slim which version is 4.01. The problem is: it cant be modified by using pandora method... pls guide..million tks

So you have a functional Pandora battery, magic memory stick, and the Pandora method is not working on his PSP?

Then it has to be because his PSP has one of the newer motherboards: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8211

Currently, there's no way to install custom firmware on these units yet, but a solution is in the works.

aet92

The New one
hello everybody, i have and question and it is that how i know if my psp slim have the ta-088

but without disarming the psp please!

wolfensprung

Differences

Hi. Thanks for all your work.
I have one question though.
What is the difference between the Pandora and Magic Memory Stick creation described in this thread and in that one here ?
Which one do you recommend to use?

Thanks in advance...

biro

i guess they are the same
but here is the best to use:
format ms using format tool in xmb then copy pan3xx to game folder run hellcats pandora and format the ms then create folder psp/game and recopy the program to game and 150.pbp to root of ms install ipl convert battery and boot the psp with them now you are running 1.50