• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
X3sphere PM'd me and said that it is working fine thnx

tally3tally

the most Exhaustive Guide...

Thanks a lott...it is the one guide ive come across that has fulfilled all my requirements...'thanks

biro

good thanx to X3sphere

Noobe

I have a current problem that im trying to fix with 3 different psp consoles. What happens is that the psp wont boot when i turn it on until i insert a certain memory card. All i get is a black screen when i turn it on and when i slide in a magic memory card is when it works just fine. If i slide in just a regular memory card nothing happens at all.

So im wondering why its doing this. If i have done something wrong during the install. Or is this how the psp is supposed to function? Im just trying to fix this or learn how to work with it so the psp will boot up properly

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can u use the total newbie file on the madden 09 psp bundle

Erm... yes, as long as the motherboard is not a TA-088 v3. There's no way to tell without opening up the PSP though so just try it. You'll need a Pandora battery too, the Total Newbie installer just creates the magic memory stick files.

I have a current problem that im trying to fix with 3 different psp consoles. What happens is that the psp wont boot when i turn it on until i insert a certain memory card. All i get is a black screen when i turn it on and when i slide in a magic memory card is when it works just fine. If i slide in just a regular memory card nothing happens at all.

So im wondering why its doing this. If i have done something wrong during the install. Or is this how the psp is supposed to function? Im just trying to fix this or learn how to work with it so the psp will boot up properly

When you boot with a Pandora battery it checks for certain files on the memory stick, which are missing in this case. You'll need to use Hellcat's installer to convert your battery to a non-Pandora battery, or install the magic memory files on your other sticks.

Noobe

Erm... yes, as long as the motherboard is not a TA-088 v3. There's no way to tell without opening up the PSP though so just try it. You'll need a Pandora battery too, the Total Newbie installer just creates the magic memory stick files.

When you boot with a Pandora battery it checks for certain files on the memory stick, which are missing in this case. You'll need to use Hellcat's installer to convert your battery to a non-Pandora battery, or install the magic memory files on your other sticks.

Ive tried making the battery normal once again and that makes no difference. Do you know which specific files i would have to put on the other memory card? Because my friends other psp only has a 32 mb stick . I just made a magic memory stick on the other one and that seems to boot it up just fine. So any ideas? Or would he just need to buy a larger stick to get it to work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ive tried making the battery normal once again and that makes no difference. Do you know which specific files i would have to put on the other memory card? Because my friends other psp only has a 32 mb stick . I just made a magic memory stick on the other one and that seems to boot it up just fine. So any ideas? Or would he just need to buy a larger stick to get it to work?

Well, you only need the IPL installed. But due to the way DC works, I don't think it's possible to install it without going through the whole installation process. So he's probably going to have to get a larger stick.

Noobe

Well, you only need the IPL installed. But due to the way DC works, I don't think it's possible to install it without going through the whole installation process. So he's probably going to have to get a larger stick.

Oh i see. Thanks a lot for your input. Now i just have one last question. When i format the Stick after creating a magic memory stick will it always delete this IPL file needed for booting? Or is there another way i should go about erasing the stick after im done making it magical? And also is there a way to have this file properly installed into the psp so that it boots properly all the time? Or does it have to be done on the stick only? Thanks again for the input and sorry for all the question just trying to get to the bottom of this .

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh i see. Thanks a lot for your input. Now i just have one last question. When i format the Stick after creating a magic memory stick will it always delete this IPL file needed for booting? Or is there another way i should go about erasing the stick after im done making it magical? And also is there a way to have this file properly installed into the psp so that it boots properly all the time? Or does it have to be done on the stick only? Thanks again for the input and sorry for all the question just trying to get to the bottom of this .

I don't think formatting the stick via the PSP will delete the IPL (could be wrong though). It doesn't show up as a normal file, as it's written to the first 16KB of the memory stick. And no there isn't any way to install it on the PSP.

Pedroshin

Hey there,

So I see a Pandora Battery doesn't work as a normal one, but what about the Magic Memory Stick? Can you still use it for normal storage functions or need to turn it back into a normal Memory stick? If you need to, how do you do it?

Thanks

biro

yes,but the diffrence between it and the normal that the magic memorystick has 1.50 and 4.01,4.01m33,4.01m33-2 installed on it
To return it back normal,format the Memory stick by going from XMB to setting then system setting then format memory stick

etienneb1

Very nice, all worked well, now I have a Magic Memory Stick that I'll keep if... :biggrin: and I have a 4.01 M33-2 PSP :smile:

biro

yes it is better to keep it as magic memory stick

Pedroshin

yes,but the diffrence between it and the normal that the magic memorystick has 1.50 and 4.01,4.01m33,4.01m33-2 installed on it
To return it back normal,format the Memory stick by going from XMB to setting then system setting then format memory stick

I see then, thanks but.. sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean the Memorystick having fw installed in it? I thought it was only the PSP's flash that had any FW installed? I'm with a 4.01 m33-2 PSP + 1.50 Kernel.

Do you mean having the flash0 etc folders in the memorystick like we would need to have back in the days in which we had to use the old Loaders? Thanks

v_zero

Question

Hi, I have version 3.90 official sony firmwire (psp slim & lite) and I have have read a lot about custom firmware and how to do it, but my question is how I can update to version 4.01 M33? can I simply download ant install 'PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33' or do I have to do other things first?

I am not familiar with this and I would like to do this correctly without bricking my psp or something like that.

A good explanation would be helpful :smile:

gaspar

Hi, I have version 3.90 official sony firmwire (psp slim & lite) and I have have read a lot about custom firmware and how to do it, but my question is how I can update to version 4.01 M33? can I simply download ant install 'PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33' or do I have to do other things first?

I am not familiar with this and I would like to do this correctly without bricking my psp or something like that.

A good explanation would be helpful :smile:

To running with an upgrade to 4.01 m33 need to be with the CFW 3.52 m33-3 or higher. How are you on OFW need to do the Hellcat Pandora's Installer for 3.XX. To make the Hellcat Pandora's Installer for 3.XX you must have a PSP with the CFW 3.XX m33/OE.
I apologise for my English.

v_zero

To running with an upgrade to 4.01 m33 need to be with the CFW 3.52 m33-3 or higher. How are you on OFW need to do the Hellcat Pandora's Installer for 3.XX. To make the Hellcat Pandora's Installer for 3.XX you must have a PSP with the CFW 3.XX m33/OE.
I apologise for my English.

But how can I change my firmware to M33?

lion9t

well ... i want to downgrade from 4.01 m33-2 ... well .. when i went to run Timemachine give me un errore cannot run the game ... any help?