• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

solarnoise

Thinking about trading in my phat for a slim, soon...

If I buy a new Slim and it has TA-085+, can I still install m33 on it with a friend's pandora battery and stick?

The way I read the OP is that the TA-085+ cannot *create* a universal unbricker but it can still be modded with someone else's battery and stick, correct?

NeoDio

Well, no - You could brick your psp and it would be unusable but could easily be repaired, if you have a pandora battery and a MMS. When flashing firmware always follow the readme. That's why it is there.

This updater has been used many,many times with complete safety. You may have guessed given the volume of hits :wink:

Follow the readme and all will be well :biggrin:

Thanks, just read your guide btw, pretty good for a PSP noob like me lol, ty!

Right now I'm testing my PSP 2004 PB to see if it has the TA-088v3 motherboard :sad:

If it has then I guess I'll just make up some excuse and try to return it, or maybe trade it for an older one...

EDIT - I still have my PSP just like it came from the store, but I can't access the recovery mode menu :(((( lol

january39

eXo Staff
Thinking about trading in my phat for a slim, soon...

If I buy a new Slim and it has TA-085+, can I still install m33 on it with a friend's pandora battery and stick?

The way I read the OP is that the TA-085+ cannot *create* a universal unbricker but it can still be modded with someone else's battery and stick, correct?

TA-085v2 and Greater, cannot soft mod a battery to pandora, and up to 4.00 OFW they can run CFW easily, other than the battery they are no different.

Btw the universal unbricker is the tool that you install to your MS in order to install CFW. :wink:

Check out the link in my sig, info in there.

NeoDio

TA-085v2 and Greater, cannot soft mod a battery to pandora, and up to 4.00 OFW they can run CFW easily, other than the battery they are no different.

Btw the universal unbricker is the tool that you install to your MS in order to install CFW. :wink:

Check out the link in my sig, info in there.

I can't run the tutorial to check my motherboard so I just guided myself through these two images from DAX's forum:

I have a Slip 2004 PB G with OFW 4.01, I might be able to unblock it but don't have any way of getting a pandora battery :bored:
My battery is the Sony 3.6v 1200mAh so it's pandorable...
Is there any guide about hard modding a battery to pandora :confused :confused1:

But I can't even get past the first lines :(

A working, homebrew-capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33 -> This part I don't understand, how can I have a CFW is I don't have my psp unbricked?
1. First boot up the PSP into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and make sure the GAME folder homebrew setting is set to 3.X Kernel. Exit recovery mode. -> Can't enter recovery mode, I'm using OFW 4.01...doesn't let me access it.
5. Download Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b -> Try to run it but it gives me error 80020148 which I've checked on these forums and is: "Unsupported PRX type | This error also seems to appear when you are running an iso with a fake memory stick"
And I've got a compatible sony memory stick...

Help please :)

J

jx233

You need custom firmware to use DC8 and Hellcat's Installer for 3.XX Kernels.

If you have a PSP Slim running Official Version 4.01, none of the programs mentioned above will work.

And if you bought your PSP, and it came with Version 4.01, then you probably have the TA-088 V3 motherboard on your PSP, which is unhackable. If you bought it with Version 3.95 or lower, then it can be hacked.

Also, use PSP Pandora Deluxe to make the MagicStick on your computer if you have Official Firmware. Get a Pandora Battery from a friend/sibling/etc.

Then use the Pandora Battery and MagicStick on your PSP. If you have a "black screen of silence", then you have the unhackable PSP because the Universal Unbricker should load on a hackable PSP.

NeoDio

Thank you very much for the enlightning :)

I think I'm gonna return my PSP Slim for a Phat one, I do have the excuse that when I'm playing Force Unleashed sometime the game freezes for 1-2 seconds lol every 4-5 minutes o_O

EDIT - I did try to exchange my PSP Slim, but I've visited about 10 stores and didn't find any Phat one to replace it, so I just made a direct change for an older PSP Slim, I've managed to hard mod the battery into pandora by cutting the small wire, however I can't do anything else since I have OFW 4.01...
I've managed to format my MS correctly in a XP computer, but the applications like DC and hellcat's pandora just won't work...I guess I'm stuck for now :(

J

jx233

NeoDio said:
Thank you very much for the enlightning :)

I think I'm gonna return my PSP Slim for a Phat one, I do have the excuse that when I'm playing Force Unleashed sometime the game freezes for 1-2 seconds lol every 4-5 minutes o_O

EDIT - I did try to exchange my PSP Slim, but I've visited about 10 stores and didn't find any Phat one to replace it, so I just made a direct change for an older PSP Slim, I've managed to hard mod the battery into pandora by cutting the small wire, however I can't do anything else since I have OFW 4.01...
I've managed to format my MS correctly in a XP computer, but the applications like DC and hellcat's pandora just won't work...I guess I'm stuck for now :(

Get a Silver or White PSP Slim, those can be hacked. Then buy a Datel Tool Battery. Then make a MagicStick through PSP Pandora Deluxe. Then insert the Pandora's Battery and MagicStick into the PSP Slim. Then...custom firmware is installed.

ZUMA

This is probably a stupid question, I just want to be sure before I start. Can a psp running 5.00 M33-6 make a magic stick and a pandora battery? Also, sorry if this is a stupid question.

J

jx233

ZUMA said:
This is probably a stupid question, I just want to be sure before I start. Can a psp running 5.00 M33-6 make a magic stick and a pandora battery? Also, sorry if this is a stupid question.

It is not a stupid question, because certain PSPs can make Pandora Batteries and ones with the newer mtoherboards cannot.

If you are on 5.00 M33-6, you can make a MagicStick using Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.xx+ Kernels.

Depending on your PSP, you can make a Pandora Battery with it.

If its a PSP Phat running Version 1.50 or custom firmware, it can make a Pandora Battery.

If its a PSP Slim with a TA-085 motherboard, it can create a Pandora Battery. Also, its the only PSP Slim that can. All other PSP Slims + PSP models afterwards with the newer motherboard cannot.

ZUMA

It is not a stupid question, because certain PSPs can make Pandora Batteries and ones with the newer mtoherboards cannot.

If you are on 5.00 M33-6, you can make a MagicStick using Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.xx+ Kernels.

Depending on your PSP, you can make a Pandora Battery with it.

If its a PSP Phat running Version 1.50 or custom firmware, it can make a Pandora Battery.

If its a PSP Slim with a TA-085 motherboard, it can create a Pandora Battery. Also, its the only PSP Slim that can. All other PSP Slims + PSP models afterwards with the newer motherboard cannot.
Ya its the Phat old school one with 5.00 M33-6. So it can be done right? What confuses me is the 3.XX, does that mean you have to have a CFW in 3.XX range? Thanks for the help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ya its the Phat old school one with 5.00 M33-6. So it can be done right? What confuses me is the 3.XX, does that mean you have to have a CFW in 3.XX range? Thanks for the help

No, the guide states you need a custom firmware that is at least 3.X. So anything 3.X or above will do, including 5.00 M33-6.

MaKgSm

how to downgrade firmware using this pandora 5.00 m33-4?

please put here a simple guide to downgrade firmware

thank's,i'm wait.

DoomSammich

Hi, I have a question.

So if I did this and everything went according to plan and I was then on CFW 5.00 M33-4
would I then be about to restore my battery and MS to use them normally?

(I should be able to right?)

J

jx233

MaKgSm said:
how to downgrade firmware using this pandora 5.00 m33-4?

please put here a simple guide to downgrade firmware

thank's,i'm wait.

Go to the first post/ first page in this thread, all instructions are in the guide.

DoomSammich said:
Hi, I have a question.

So if I did this and everything went according to plan and I was then on CFW 5.00 M33-4
would I then be about to restore my battery and MS to use them normally?

(I should be able to right?)

Yes, you can convert your Pandora's Battery and MagicStick to use them normally.

overseer said:
after execute DC8 i see this: "error decrypting 500 updater" why??

You might have a bad updater PBP or you have a fake MemoryStick.

january39

eXo Staff
If I convert Slim Battery with Hellcats installer to Pandora (in PSP Slim) can it be reverted back to normal battery?

Should be able to, no problem. Just restore the serial or use a generic serial. Matter's not.

ryo-n-gats

I asked because I read this (The question is which is better Cory's tool, or Hellcat's)
They're basically the same, since i think cory may have used hellcats src, but cory's has the advatage for the slim battery in just writing back the serial # as previously stated.
and (about Hellcats installer)
It has been tested and it does work though but don't write the eeprom back to the slim battery. I just recommend that ya use the other app below (Corry's) 'cause it has the option to write just the serial back to the batt which is the best/safest option for the slim

It kinda confused me. Wll thread is from 2007 (I missed that), and probably things changed with Hellcats installer, since it says "to write battery serial to file".

I always tought that restoring eeprom, means writing serial, and that it is same thing, since afaik eeprom only contains serial and nothin else.

angelsniper45

3.xx is an acronym for the series of firmwares beginning with 3. eg 3.51,2, 3.71 etc etc