• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Experimental

i downgraded my psp to 1.50 before i saw this thread, so can i upgrade it to 5.00 m33-4 directly or do i have to do something before aswell. Please tell all the steps i hav to do to upgrade it to 5.00 m33-4

If you are at 1.50 i believe you have to go through a process of upgrading through different cfw's (eg: 3.52 m33-3 > 390 m33 etc) if you download the cfw .rar files there will be a txt file telling you that you must have a certain cfw (or higher) installed on your psp to install that update. (for more detail feel free to pm me)
cfw can be found here >> <a href= "http://alek.dark-alex.org/filez/dax/">Link</a>
ofw can be found here >> <a href= "http://alek.dark-alex.org/filez/psp_fw/">Link</a>

if you dont wish to upgrade from one to the next and you have a spare battery (or the one you are using) you can follow the tutorial from the first post and just go to cfw 5.oo m33.

i hope this has helped you.

produktNz

Best guide ever. Although i will need a new battery to play my psp normally after converting it to a pandora's battery won't i?

Experimental

Best guide ever. Although i will need a new battery to play my psp normally after converting it to a pandora's battery won't i?

not necessarily. you can convert your battery back to a normal one after using it as pandora by putting the battery in your psp, with the mms then press [] to convert battery to normal when you see the Hellcat's Pandora Installer screen that you originally used to convert the battery to pandora.

Look at the yellow writting on this screen and you shall see an option " or [] to make battery to normal one"
this is the option you are looking for.
snap006a.jpg

Warning : Dont do this to many times (As is normal > pandora and pandora > normal) because it will wreck your battery.

hope this helps

genoshido

couldn't do this to a slim ofw 4.01

First of all very very very nice guide..
upgrading a 2.81 phat to 5.00 m33-4 was a breeze.. ^_^
i had no problem whatsoever but when i tried my magic stick and pandora that i used to upgrrade my ofw 2.81 phat to a ofw 4.01 slim it didn't work... i press the up button for almost a minute and yet no display... i try another ms but still the same.. just to double check i use it again to my phat there seems to be no problem..
is there something wrong... pls help... by the way the pandora that i used is from a phat
is it ok to use it on a slim??

looking forward to your replies.. thanks.. ^_^

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a slim PSP, a fat battery and a slim battery.
Can I pandorize the fat battery?
Can I make a magic memory stick?

Depends what firmware your PSP is running, as the guide states a PSP running custom firmware is required. So any M33 firmware will do.

Noobe

I have a question i have a PHAT PSP on CFW and a SLIM on OFW. I have a magic MS already made. So how do i convert the Battery on the SLIM to a Pandora? Its slimmer then the one i have in my PHAT PSP and the PHAT PSP doesnt even seem to know is there because when i tried to put the battery in the PHAT to convert it wouldnt turn on as if it didnt have a battery in it. So what do I do? Thanks for the Help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a question i have a PHAT PSP on CFW and a SLIM on OFW. I have a magic MS already made. So how do i convert the Battery on the SLIM to a Pandora? Its slimmer then the one i have in my PHAT PSP and the PHAT PSP doesnt even seem to know is there because when i tried to put the battery in the PHAT to convert it wouldnt turn on as if it didnt have a battery in it. So what do I do? Thanks for the Help

Use the Phat battery in the Slim instead. You can't use a Slim battery in a Phat, as far as I know.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I thought of that and all that happens is that it blinks green once and turns off

Nothing is wrong with the battery right? Try holding it in so it's not loose. Using a Phat battery in a Slim definitely works - that's how I installed CFW on my Slim.

nikolai090

Hi there, first of all I would like to thank you for this guide, its awesome, got my friend's PSP in CFW from 3.95 OFW. Though we didn't soft-Mod the battery, we opened his battery up and lifted the pin(not removed), which leads me to my questions.

1) Since the Battery is now a JigKick, by doing the instructions on the main post, I can boot to XMB normally while having my battery as JigKick right?

2)If I can boot to the XMB with my question above, will I be able to use Sleep Mode(Soft-off) during games or when in the XMB? I have been looking around and Booster's Multi boot has a Sleep mode bug. Does this one have the bug too?

3)The JigKick battery requires the MS to be "Magic" in order to boot into the XMB normally, can I remove the files from x:\PSP\GAME (TIMEMACHINE,pan3xx,dc8)? If I do remove them, will the PSP still boot normally with the JigKick?

4)And Lastly, Will I be able to put ISO's and Videos etc like a normal MS and use them without any problems?

*EDIT*

Riight, since no one wanted to reply heres what I got, I can boot XMB and use sleep mode just fine, play games too. XD

angelsniper45

format it. go to settings>system settings>format memory card

or, use a memory card reader and format it through your computer

gangsta_ubz

Erm help me please!!:crying: i followd evrything that was told. My problem is i made a magic memory stick on a 512mb Memory stick... and i isntalled the firmware and evrything.. How do i acutally put iso nd cso games on there? I udnerstand its too small so i also hav a 4GB memorystick.. what do i do..? How do i put games in there? and like will i hav to turn that into a magic memeroy stick too? If so how i do this... and i dont have another normal psp battery. i turned my one into a pandoras battery...

PLUS! wen i insert my 4GB [which is normal memeroycard] and turn the psp on, the screen remains black and the memroy card light and the wifi light [orange and green on the left] remain on... this usualy happnes as soon as i re-insert the battery [the pandora modified one] :(

J

jx233

gangsta_ubz said:
If so how i do this... and i dont have another normal psp battery. i turned my one into a pandoras battery...

PLUS! wen i insert my 4GB [which is normal memeroycard] and turn the psp on, the screen remains black and the memroy card light and the wifi light [orange and green on the left] remain on... this usualy happnes as soon as i re-insert the battery [the pandora modified one] :(

Pandora's battery does not recognize normal memorysticks.

gangsta_ubz

Pandora's battery does not recognize normal memorysticks.

ok, So inorder for me to get games and play them.. wat do i do? Because im jus sittng here with a customfirmware psp, a 512mb memorystick with the magic memeory stick folders in there... and a pandoras battery.

What do i do now with my formatted 4GB so i can play games. because i hav few iso and cso ready. Thanx.

J

jx233

gangsta_ubz said:
ok, So inorder for me to get games and play them.. wat do i do? Because im jus sittng here with a customfirmware psp, a 512mb memorystick with the magic memeory stick folders in there... and a pandoras battery.

What do i do now with my formatted 4GB so i can play games. because i hav few iso and cso ready. Thanx.

ISO/CSO discussion is not allowed.
Read the Policy Regarding ISO/CSO Files and read the Community Rules and Guidelines.