• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

new come

helo everybody, im a new here. i hope somebody willing to help me. i have fat psp. before my psp a 3.90 m33 and I accidentally upgraded my psp to a 3.93 ofw..can I put it back to a cfw series?..and if I am able to do it..can u please tell me how?..tnx..:confused1:

for your info, i have one pandora battery (borrow from my friend) and fat psp with cfw
version 5.00 m33-6 (also borrow from my friend)

Acerthief

helo everybody, im a new here. i hope somebody willing to help me. i have fat psp. before my psp a 3.90 m33 and I accidentally upgraded my psp to a 3.93 ofw..can I put it back to a cfw series?..and if I am able to do it..can u please tell me how?..tnx..:confused1:

for your info, i have one pandora battery (borrow from my friend) and fat psp with cfw

get a spare stick, around 512mb (i think 256 is enough though) and make the stick.
Then use the stick and battery for a run ;)

new come

get a spare stick, around 512mb (i think 256 is enough though) and make the stick.
Then use the stick and battery for a run ;)

thank you acerthief,

for ur info, i already try to create magic stick with Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b. but cannot because it required psp homebrew 3.xx kernal. ( my friend have psp fat 5.00 m33-6 so have homebrew 5.xx kernal)

plz help how to solve my problem.... and thanks

smjnc

all u need is the pandora battery now that u have that just hack your fat the old way u dont need time machine and all that. just downgrade and then upgrade via dark alex's site. follow this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQjcOuY2M7M&feature=channel_page just skip close to the end of the first video and download the files u need. here they are http://www.megaupload.com/?d=571RYHKO open and install pandora GUI then flash the memory card using your computer. just follow the 3 videos and oyu will be good to go.

smjnc

ps- i dont understand why you are having problems i used a fat psp wit 5.00m33-4 to create the magic memory stick to hack my slim. just cause your friend is running 5.00 doesnt mean you cant use 1.50 kernal.

new come

ps- i dont understand why you are having problems i used a fat psp wit 5.00m33-4 to create the magic memory stick to hack my slim. just cause your friend is running 5.00 doesnt mean you cant use 1.50 kernal.

:) thanks smjnc..........
i also dont know what happen, but is true Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b. required homebrew 3.xx kernal....... if u have 5.00 m33-6, ur homebrew only have 1.50 kernal and 5.xx kernal..........

J

jx233

Manks said:
Can I use this method on a PSP 3000?

The Pandora's Battery does not even start the PSP-3000. The PSP-3000 thinks the Pandora Battery is normal one so this method does not work.

new come

Dear All friend here,

i already make magic stick and try into my psp together with pandora batteries but the psp not work.....

when i try to another psp its work.....

anybody know what happen actually?
plz help me :(

smjnc

:) thanks smjnc..........
i also dont know what happen, but is true Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b. required homebrew 3.xx kernal....... if u have 5.00 m33-6, ur homebrew only have 1.50 kernal and 5.xx kernal..........

i did not kn0 that. follow the three utube vids and u will be good to go. the pandora bat is 90% of the battle.

its hard to kno what the problem is. re flash your magic memory stick wit pandora GUI. make sure u take out the memory card b4 u do anything. then get out of usb mode shut off the psp. take the battery out, put the magic mem stick in, then pop in the pandora bat.

new come

i did not kn0 that. follow the three utube vids and u will be good to go. the pandora bat is 90% of the battle.

its hard to kno what the problem is. re flash your magic memory stick wit pandora GUI. make sure u take out the memory card b4 u do anything. then get out of usb mode shut off the psp. take the battery out, put the magic mem stick in, then pop in the pandora bat.

hi smjnc......... :)
u are very very good, brilliant......... i dont know how to describe u
in the end, my psp work in cfw now!!!
i would like to thanks to you...... many2 thanks to you........... you are the best......

GazMather1973

After semi-bricking my psp (duh!! idiot ) and trawling the internet looking for a fix, i found this. Big Big thanks for an awesome guide!!!!!......and the Missus say thanks cause i dont have to run out and get a new one. Many thanks again!!

lloydcolon

hello every one im new to psp. and mine is 4.01. they said it is unhackable.

is there anyone if you knows how to install universal remote using my psp 4.01.

I is a great honor for me for teaching me how.

regards,

lloyd

J

jx233

lloydcolon said:
hello every one im new to psp. and mine is 4.01. they said it is unhackable.

is there anyone if you knows how to install universal remote using my psp 4.01.

I is a great honor for me for teaching me how.

regards,

lloyd

Maybe you can run it through a Homebrew Enabler (HEN) using the Gripshift Exploit, but you will have to wait until the HEN is released.

Also, Version 4.01 suffers from the libtiff exploit, so you could also get something out of that.

shahrukh_pro

Hello
Great guilde but i am having same problem everytime

All steps done perfectly
but i i click Install 5.00 M33 or INstall 5.00 OFW
its hangs in formating flash1
and restarts same problem again and again
please help urjent

onidias

ive got a prob, Installation: Creating the Magic Memory Stick step #16 the pandora instaler
3.xx says
"reading and checking ms0: /UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITALIZING: 0x80ca0003
Inistalizing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a wile, time to get a coffee...."

ive let it sit 4 a long time and nothings going on. my freinds psp had only the option to use the 1.50 kernels or the 4.xx kernels, but the guide says "A working, homebrew-capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33"

is this going to be a problem or do i just keep it doin its thing?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ive got a prob, Installation: Creating the Magic Memory Stick step #16 the pandora instaler
3.xx says
"reading and checking ms0: /UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITALIZING: 0x80ca0003
Inistalizing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a wile, time to get a coffee...."

ive let it sit 4 a long time and nothings going on. my freinds psp had only the option to use the 1.50 kernels or the 4.xx kernels, but the guide says "A working, homebrew-capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33"

is this going to be a problem or do i just keep it doin its thing?

Try formatting the Memory Stick. Are you sure you have sufficient space? The entire installation process takes up around 60MB or so.

NeoDio

Hello there, first of all, thanks for taking the time to make such a complete and elaborate tutorial, I've seen many and this seems to be the most trustworthy and actually working one with so many positive replies!!

I just bought my PSP today, mainly for Force Unleashed and FF7:Crisis Core (big fan of both series lol).
It already has a compatible battery and I'm getting a 4gb memory stick and a usb cable tomorrow and I'm gonna try using this tutorial.

I would like to make a very important question, and pardon my ignorance and my lazyness for not reading the whole 116 pages :S

Is it true that if we fail some steps on this procedure that the PSP can become completely useless with no possible repair??

Thanks in advance.

january39

eXo Staff
Hello there, first of all, thanks for taking the time to make such a complete and elaborate tutorial, I've seen many and this seems to be the most trustworthy and actually working one with so many positive replies!!

I just bought my PSP today, mainly for Force Unleashed and FF7:Crisis Core (big fan of both series lol).
It already has a compatible battery and I'm getting a 4gb memory stick and a usb cable tomorrow and I'm gonna try using this tutorial.

I would like to make a very important question, and pardon my ignorance and my lazyness for not reading the whole 116 pages :S

Is it true that if we fail some steps on this procedure that the PSP can become completely useless with no possible repair??

Thanks in advance.

Well, no - You could brick your psp and it would be unusable but could easily be repaired, if you have a pandora battery and a MMS. When flashing firmware always follow the readme. That's why it is there.

This updater has been used many,many times with complete safety. You may have guessed given the volume of hits :wink:

Follow the readme and all will be well :biggrin: