• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

parashyah

hi guys i got a problem-- i tried doing this to my slim psp battery the 3.6 1200mah and i pandorized it follow all the steps bang took it out put it in another slim it didnt work- tried to normalize it nothin happened - my psp's dont even recognize it - it shows a full bar on the upper right corner but when u go to battery information is all blank just says external cus my charger is plugged in help??? my battery is useless now-- and i did this before with my phat battery and it worked charm but it wasnt workin on the black slim which is the reason i did this-- it worked on my red god of war slim perfect with the phat battery but not the black- any one please how can i bring my slim battery back??? when psp is off and i put charger it lights up for a few seconds then turns off!...

january39

eXo Staff
J

jx233

parashyah said:
hi guys i got a problem-- i tried doing this to my slim psp battery the 3.6 1200mah and i pandorized it follow all the steps bang took it out put it in another slim it didnt work- tried to normalize it nothin happened - my psp's dont even recognize it - it shows a full bar on the upper right corner but when u go to battery information is all blank just says external cus my charger is plugged in help??? my battery is useless now-- and i did this before with my phat battery and it worked charm but it wasnt workin on the black slim which is the reason i did this-- it worked on my red god of war slim perfect with the phat battery but not the black- any one please how can i bring my slim battery back??? when psp is off and i put charger it lights up for a few seconds then turns off!...

You probably corrupted your battery. I'm afraid nothing can be done if the the battery was corrupted as a result of a hard-mod. Sorry.

shunde

hi guys, would like to ask how to solve my psp fat problem.
1)OFW is 5.00 now.
2)I dunno how to downgrade it properly.
3)I tried using pandora but when i try to run installer and battery files from the PSP. It said " File Corrupted"
4)I followed the guide properly but still can't get it to work.
5)I can't get into recovery mode too.

Thanks for reading. :)

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
You will require a PSP which has already been hacked (running CFW) to do everything mentioned on this thread.

Get a pandora battery (hard mod your own or buy one or soft mod one from a already hacked PSP) and make an MMS using Pandora Deluxe and your good to go...

Sasha

just a question..
Does it take really long for installing a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick (step no. 16 in Installation: Creating the Magic Memory Stick)
approximately how much time does it take?:confused1:

Jade

Hey thanks for replying to my request mortalinstincts
Can you pls help me...what procedure do i have to follow because my psp will not even open to recovery mode...

january39

eXo Staff
Can you pls help me...what procedure do i have to follow because my psp will not even open to recovery mode...

He has already told you, you will need a pandora battery and a MMS, read the guide in my signature probably answer a few of your questions. :wink:

OFW has none of the features of CFW, which includes a recovery mode

Alex

follow the guide in this thread

Jade

follow the guide in this thread
Hi i tried your suggestion to follow the guide on this thread but when i try to install Hellcat's Pandora Installer, it says "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted"...I'm in a real fix..help!!??

He has already told you, you will need a pandora battery and a MMS, read the guide in my signature probably answer a few of your questions. :wink:

OFW has none of the features of CFW, which includes a recovery mode

Yeah i read your guide. Has helped a lot...
So now that i need a pandora battery, how do i 'Soft-mod' or 'Hard mod' mine? mine is a 3.6v 1200mAh.

I apologise if I'm bothering you too much but the help is really appreciated. Been really really bored since my psp became dysfunctional.:bored:

J

jx233

Jade said:
Hi i tried your suggestion to follow the guide on this thread but when i try to install Hellcat's Pandora Installer, it says "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted"...I'm in a real fix..help!!??

It is supposed to be corrupted data on Official Firmware Versions. s0nY intnetionally did that for their firmware.

Jade said:
So now that i need a pandora battery, how do i 'Soft-mod' or 'Hard mod' mine? mine is a 3.6v 1200mAh.

Hard-modding is dangerous to your battery. (It could get corrupted) Try getting a Datel tool Battery to use as a Pandora Battery instead.

Jade said:
I apologise if I'm bothering you too much but the help is really appreciated. Been really really bored since my psp became dysfunctional.:bored:

Bothering..nahhhh. I don't believe it, its just you might have been confused a little; but I'm sure that nobody is annoyed with you, just because you needed some help.

january39

eXo Staff

No problems, happy to help as are all here at eXophase :wink:

Soft mod means to convert a battery to pandora using your PSP, the psp that converts the battery has to be on CFW already.

Hard mod means cutting the 5th pin to the battery eeprom to allow it to enter a pandora state. Not advised, although many have done it - there is a real risk of damaging the battery and in the worst case scenario an explosion if done in-correctly - Hence NO guide in my guide for this task.

My advice.....Buy a datel Tool battery.

Jade

hey guys thanks for your help
well i tried getting a datel tool battery but its not available where i live...i gues its too small a town. gues i'll have to live without a psp:crying:
neways thanks again!

chukslee

Piz i followed the steps to create a pandora battery and mms, but when i insert the battery the green led light just display and the psp won't come up, i used cfw 5.00 m33-6 to create the battery with 128mb of pro duo to create both pandora battery and mms? Will that affect the battery not to function? Plz help as i don't want to brick my psp.

Alex

Yeah, the mem stick says supported, and plz it is just duo not pro duo my bad!!

if your psp is a new slim or brite with firmware 4.05 bought brand, your psp prolly has a ta-88v3 motherboard which cfw cannot be installed.
is your mms inserted when put in the pandora battery