• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Vista or Xp?

ilyace

If I didn't play pc games and Macs weren't as expensive as they are, I'd be all over OS X. But for now Vista is my OS.

eighty4

You know you can still play games on OSX too, right? Every single last one as long as your Mac has the specs for it.

ilyace

You know you can still play games on OSX too, right? Every single last one as long as your Mac has the specs for it.

Which brings up the other reason I stated: They are way too expensive, and the performance you get does not even compare to something that you can build yourself.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
XP for current ultra portable devices, vista for badass gaming machines (or just relatively powerful computers) ;) Seriously, Vista has become the new mainstream OS now while XP is only being used for computers that still don't meet the minimum requirements to run Vista well. Vista is a RAM hog, has some issues but the majority of it runs fine for me and I am very happy with Vista. I'm more excited about Windows 7 (hoping that I can use the old taskbar)

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
how? via running windows? because that isn't osx, just windows on a mac.

Tommi

How is the one you made yourself better than the ones that get internet releases?

Simply because I have nLited all my drivers I need, plus the fact it also has silent installs for the programs I need, I do not use all of those programs, nor do I need them.

Also, I do not trust some of them, there was one realised on Retestrak (the home of TinyXP) that had keyloggers silently installed.....

EvilSeph

Administrator
One? I think you'll be surprised to find there is more than one with that "problem". ;)

CASHMON3Y

Ubuntu on my main computer, OSX on my paper weight and OSX on my kitchen computer. If Windows would start recognizing my ethernet drivers, I would dualboot.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
wait you gotta upgrade to window 7?
That sucks, I don't even like how it looks.

Slasher

Suck It
Vista on laptop, core 2 duo 1.83ghz, 3 gigs of DDR2 ram
XP on desktop, P4 2.93ghz, 1.5 gigs of DDR2 ram

wait you gotta upgrade to window 7?
That sucks, I don't even like how it looks.

No one will force you to upgrade, but some things will (ie DirectX, etc). Most likely by the time 7 comes out, the complete 'pretty' UI will be ready and even then you can theme it. The examples you see now are just new 7 concepts grafted onto Vista.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
No one will force you to upgrade, but some things will (ie DirectX, etc). Most likely by the time 7 comes out, the complete 'pretty' UI will be ready and even then you can theme it. The examples you see now are just new 7 concepts grafted onto Vista.
Custom Themes?
Just like how people have custom themes on xp/vista.
If its an free upgrade then im upgrading.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Themes, yep. It won't be free however. Updates = Free, Upgrades = $$$.
yea.... I don't like fact its gonna cost money.
edit-
yea, Im gonna be on windows xp for long time right now...
I did an quick google search I think there doing an beta or something. If so I just get the beta and hopeful they upgrade me to full one.
They don't leave people on beta...

ilyace

edit-
I did an quick google search I think there doing an beta or something. If so I just get the beta and hopeful they upgrade me to full one.

I actually wouldn't count on that.

Seth

MD Party Room
edit-
Your to funny...

First no one can make you upgrade...Just like how no one can make Xp users upgrade to vista.

ATM Windows 7 beta is for Developers only... And maybe some Pirate Bay user.And the beta will expire after RC2 Or Gold(WIndows 7 final) come out...Just like with vista...

Windows 7 will not be free, just like Vista isent free...Tho if you do buy a new pc it does come with windows 7 preinstalled...It also free to Pirate Bay users.

And yea themes will be free and someone might just hack it to run on the old taskbar... Or MS might just induce it on there who knows...