• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which Of Your Consoles Have You Hacked To Play Pirated Games On?

Slasher

Suck It
The only thing I've hacked is my PSP, and probably the only reason why is because it was too easy. It was entirely software-based, so I did it. I haven't bothered with anything else because it usually requires a modchip or requires you to buy something

Hellcat

Contributor
Because it might get hacked before this thread just dies.
Unlikely :p

Anyway, my PS1 (not listed!?) has a chip, my PS2 is completely "untouched" in that sense (no chip, no nothing) and my PSP has CFW on it.

Back on the PS1 I indeed did have a huge pile of burned games (but some original ones as well :D).... but played only so few of them *lol*
The games I bought now have value to me AGAIN, since those original discs run fine on my PS3 :D

On the PSP I actually don't play that much at all. There's a few games off the PSN store that are nice and even more less games that come on UMD....

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I don't get affected by this "I need to buy to feel how great the game is" notion. I like it either way.

my opinion on that matter is.....
Me in another thread said:
I flashed mine a while ago, a little after twelve flashed his first one....
I still buy the games i genuinely like.....And i feel the same way as twelve, i tend to enjoy a game more when legally own it. but at the same time i think the majority of that feeling (for me anyway) stems from my refusal to except that i just wasted money.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Only PSP for me...but if PC were an option...:)

well on pc you can program so its pretty much already hacked or no need to hack.

as for if you want to pirate on pc. you can do that to just download the iso and use a mounting app to use it as cd or you can burn it.

ive pirated many pc games.

Oh btw my ps3 is hacked.
60gb plays pirated ps2 games but not ps3 games. =(

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
If it was that easy couldn't Sony release a patch?

I have a hacked Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360 (X-clamp, going to heaven soon), PSP and Ipod Touch. I play pirated games on almost everything I own. Only really feel guilty about the Ipod.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfNCPBVIRJE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfNCPBVIRJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

I did this. not his vid though and mine still has the shell but i cut of the top and made a hinge. im mising some small plastic parts but it still works.

Btw is it me or does it seem you can always hack a sony console by some sort of swapping something like memsticks on psp (swaploit)
swap magic ps2.

Bran

Yell
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfNCPBVIRJE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfNCPBVIRJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

I did this. not his vid though and mine still has the shell but i cut of the top and made a hinge. im mising some small plastic parts but it still works.

Btw is it me or does it seem you can always hack a sony console by some sort of swapping something like memsticks on psp (swaploit)
swap magic ps2.

I'd be tempted to do that if my PS2 did not play ISO's from the HDD. Looks pretty risky with how the dood dropped the disk. I'd be more likely to do that if someone made after market shells with a flip top tray.

Colm

I haven't modded my PS2 (as I... don't have one), but I do use PCSX2 from time to time. There are some games that remain incompatible and others which are just slow, but generally speaking, it works, and quite a lot of games (even FF12) can be playable up to 60fps.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
How would you run ISOs using that method? I've been wanting to try out Ico and Okami for the longest.

For ps2 there was an app called hdd loader. You will still need that and a externel hdd. then use this method to run it as if it was a ps2. load a game from your hdd. Im not sure if that will work but if what he did was real then it should work. I did the other method. I opened mine up and made a hinge for opening it and swapping discs. If we can get that for ps3 i could see that working.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
motherfucker needs to turn down the volume on his TV. god damn that's hard to understand and does not really tell me anything other than it's possible.

He uses swap magic to launch ulaunch elf.

Bran

Yell
Funny thing is my PS2 has the top ripped off but not because I use it to swap...

Bump: So how do you take the lid off the PS3? I'm guessing it voids the warranty, but can you put the lid back on later?

Bump: So how do you take the lid off the PS3? I'm guessing it voids the warranty, but can you put the lid back on later?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Funny thing is my PS2 has the top ripped off but not because I use it to swap...

yeah it voids warrenty and you can put it back on later but the way i did it i would need to buy a new lid or casing because i cut a whole in the top and put a hinge on it. it looks like if you open up a cars hud. plan on sticking springs in it to stay up.

Also if i remember correctly there was a black plastic part you will need to pull off but it is un needed(i think).

/******************
EDIT: ---------------you dont need to remove black part but its harder without doing so
******************/

YouTube - PS3 SWAP to play PS2 and PSX Backed up games! ps3hax.net

It is way quicker without the casing over disc drive though.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Ummmm.... lol? Was there a reason?

yes there was.

Took to damn long to put the case back on when trg comes to my house.
I dont want any trouble with them.

That and it makes it way faster.
I airbrushed it to look like a car too so thats another reason. Wanted a real car hud:p:tup:

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
yes there was.

Took to damn long to put the case back on when trg comes to my house.
I dont want any trouble with them.

That and it makes it way faster.
I airbrushed it to look like a car too so thats another reason. Wanted a real car hud:p:tup:

cool

I really wish there was a steel/ brushed aluminum case for the ps3. Not only would it be awesome looking, but it wouldn't be scratched easily, and would not be a dust and fingerprint magnet. Although those hori dust filters would probably help with the dust.

It would also be fun to put watercooling in :D (and for those of you that didn't know, the waterblocks actually exist)

kit-ps3_p1.jpg