• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which operating system do you prefer?

Bill

W7 or WIN2000

It's a tough choice for me.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
win 7

I'd use linux more if it was as smooth as windows(sub par gfx drivers and choppy flash were the problem)

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I actually have run all 3 of those, and I've ended up on Linux the most, just because.

I use Windows pretty much only for games. I don't download anything or such on Windows.

Mac...iono, but if it's free, I'll use it.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Oh, I also use Windows for syncing my iPod Touch, and iTunes AppStore browsing.

I might get a Mac in a year or less. Still thinking about it. It seems one day I really want to and then the next day I find myself bashing my friend for having one. Its really weird, lol.

Slasher

Suck It
Without a doubt, Windows.

Tried Linux, no thanks.
OSX doesn't appeal to me, plus I don't like Apple's aggressive style marketing by directly targeting Microsoft in every single commercial. It's lame and puts me off. No thanks.

I use a combo of both OS X & Windows. Generally, I prefer OS X, just in the way it does things and functions. Also used Linux from time to time, usually Ubuntu or Fedora. Personally, I've found that each OS has it's own strengths & weaknesses, and suited for certain tasks.

Seth

MD Party Room
I run Ubuntu about 90% of the time. I sometimes boot into Windows 7 if I have some 360 games to download or burn. But I don't usually do that often now.

You cant do that on Linux?

As many of you know I a linux fan and power user, however I seem to be running windows 7 alot more since I got a 360 so I can use it as a media center extender, and since I had tons of problems with ps3 media sever on Linux and with Hulu and netflix. I tend not to boot up Linux much anymore. However I still have all my family pc run Linux and since I tend to use my little sister desktop alot I end up running linux quite a bit more. I have my Dad on Ubuntu, My sister on Sabayon, My netbook on ubuntu and Windows 7 and my sever on arch Linux. But also like to have a few drives handily loaded with Linux From Scratch! and Gentoo.

Btw 1800 post Woot!

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Why is that? I'm just curious.

Too many viruses. If I download anything I'm immediately at risk because they've been known for auto-execing and such.

I just keep it simple.

"Keep it simple, stupid"

Oh, I also use Windows for syncing my iPod Touch, and iTunes AppStore browsing.

I might get a Mac in a year or less. Still thinking about it. It seems one day I really want to and then the next day I find myself bashing my friend for having one. Its really weird, lol.

The fanbase in general sucks. All they know how to do is buy Apple products and bash Windows. IRL.

twelve

I'm not dead
Too many viruses. If I download anything I'm immediately at risk because they've been known for auto-execing and such.

I just keep it simple.
Don't download warez from untrusted sources. That's keeping it simple.

I'm a Windows man, been using it since Windows 3.1, that was a fun OS.

eldiablov

Contributor
I cant bare most Linux distros, xorg is a complete mess and just crap. The alsa audio drivers are a pile of crap. It's just crippled by an open source community that would rather argue about the proper way to do something than actually fix it. It's too far down the line to be fixed now imo. I stick with Windows, does what I want and I dont have to go and use a terminal or compile a program to get what I need.

Hellcat

Contributor
Since most stated how they started, I'll do that too :p

MS DOS 3.30 and MS Windows 2.5 (give or take a .1 ;))

About my, fav, that'll be Mac - but it's bound to HW (yes, I know, you can go "Hackintosh", but still).

So on the PC side of the world, it's Win for the desktop, XP so far, but 7 is actually taking up it's place :)
And Linux for servers or similar "worker" machines.

Linxzy

PSP Girl!
Guess i join in on this.

I stick to Linux, but i using windows. I like to use linux but i am not that super good on it.