• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

who is working on hacking the PSPGo?

addman999

Hey Guys.

I have asked this quesion on several forums and had very limited respones.
So i ask again does anyone know of a group or an individual working on hacking the PSPGo?

Ive read over the internet that Team Gen's CFW 6.00 will work on the pspgo which i dont not believe and that DAX is going to return soon which i dont believe.

I know people here are as clued up as anywhere so any information would interesting.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I heard that there were a lot of people working on it but not in public.
There was this one guy roe though. Not sure what happened to him.
I heard he had a hello world though running without Mercury.

addman999

I heard that there were a lot of people working on it but not in public.
There was this one guy roe though. Not sure what happened to him.
I heard he had a hello world though running without Mercury.

Thats impressive if he did have hello world without the mecury exploit. of course theres no proof which is what everyone would expect. but you say hes gone missing now haha fantastic. Does anyone has an estimate for a time scale for a CFW on pspGo i would hope in less than 3 months?

explosions

Thats impressive if he did have hello world without the mecury exploit. of course theres no proof which is what everyone would expect. but you say hes gone missing now haha fantastic. Does anyone has an estimate for a time scale for a CFW on pspGo i would hope in less than 3 months?

No one knows. I'm not sure anyone would be willing to code a CFW for the Go!; I'm sure it would be a lot different from a normal CFW.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

3 months? how about never? You have no idea how hard it is or the work required to get as much as a HEN running. Let alone a NID resolving, kernel compatible, stable CFW. If one team takes months doing it, how would one man fare?

addman999

Well what about team typhoons proof of concept ? that shows a pspGO running a custom firmware.
So my time estimate (hope) may be well off but a HEN is possible?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Well what about team typhoons proof of concept ? that shows a pspGO running a custom firmware.
So my time estimate (hope) may be well off but a HEN is possible?

HEN's already done, but because of people like Xenogears, Becus25 and GEN (CFWe and GEN, like he told them not to) it won't ever be released.

addman999

HEN's already done, but because of people like Xenogears, Becus25 and GEN (CFWe and GEN, like he told them not to) it won't ever be released.

Im not sure i fully understand this your saying HEN for pspgo has already been done but will not be released because of certain people. what do you mean exactly?

sorry for noobishness

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Im not sure i fully understand this your saying HEN for pspgo has already been done but will not be released because of certain people. what do you mean exactly?

sorry for noobishness

I mean, out of spite, Team Typhoon will not release it. They created it, but will not release it, because of things like CFWe and GEN. It's their "Fuck you" to Xenogears, Becus25, and GEN.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I mean, out of spite, Team Typhoon will not release it. They created it, but will not release it, because of things like CFWe and GEN. It's their "Fuck you" to Xenogears, Becus25, and GEN.

GEN not so much... We have a certain degree of respect for them... As far as the other two go, yes it is a "Fuck You".

addman999

ah i understand. so is this a permanent "fuck you" ? or is it just for now and may be released in the future? In my opinion its a pretty stupid thing to do out of spite , revenge or whatever as there are thousands of people in the psp homebrew community who would make great use of it.

Cloudy

ah i understand. so is this a permanent "fuck you" ? or is it just for now and may be released in the future? In my opinion its a pretty stupid thing to do out of spite , revenge or whatever as there are thousands of people in the psp homebrew community who would make great use of it.

By great use, you mean someone would code an ISO loader and then the doors would be open again for piracy...

explosions

By great use, you mean someone would code an ISO loader and then the doors would be open again for piracy...

I would love to see HEN on the PSP Go. Not for piracy reasons, but for homebrew game coders. Slicer4ever recently made a thread on here wanting to know if he could code on a Go yet. I find myself playing homebrew games more than retail. (I think I've pirated one game and that's the only one I've played all the way through. Not that I condone it, just saying.)

addman999

hmm thats funny as i dont i think i mentioned an ISO loader or piracy. I do not condone piracy. actually as weird as it may seem i dont even like psp games that much. i would like a HEN for the go so i could have gba, snes and psx games for me to play on a modern portable console. i like a lot of psp homebrew and homebrew would be so good on the go.

Of course someone may create an ISO loader which will cause piracy not like there isnt alot already. Also if oyur condeming ISO loaders your condeming dark alex the psp homebrew scenes greatest contributor as he included 4 in M33 Cfw's.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
hmm thats funny as i dont i think i mentioned an ISO loader or piracy. I do not condone piracy. actually as weird as it may seem i dont even like psp games that much. i would like a HEN for the go so i could have gba, snes and psx games for me to play on a modern portable console. i like a lot of psp homebrew and homebrew would be so good on the go.

Of course someone may create an ISO loader which will cause piracy not like there isnt alot already. Also if oyur condeming ISO loaders your condeming dark alex the psp homebrew scenes greatest contributor as he included 4 in M33 Cfw's.

Then you could just get a Pandora.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

it was intended for use with backups from UMDs but unfortunately suddenly everyone realised "OMG, we can just swap the ISOs instead of all having to buy the games"

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
...For a Go?

I do not condone piracy. actually as weird as it may seem i dont even like psp games that much. i would like a HEN for the go so i could have gba, snes and psx games for me to play on a modern portable console. i like a lot of psp homebrew and homebrew would be so good on the go.

That.