• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

who is working on hacking the PSPGo?

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
@ Bubbletune + Kezra

From reading the past few pages... If Sony were to find your exploit and patch it before you reveal it to the public, you would have no use for it in researching further firmwares. If this is the case would you still have any obligations to the release for use in previous still applicable FW's.

Reason for asking: I may invest in a GO at somepoint in future. If it didn't have a known possibility of HB i would have no use for it as i have a 3k and my UMD's would be of no use

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Hellcat do you work on a hack or something for it?

Why is this the default response to any dev/ex-dev posting on a forum about the PSP?

Answer: No he's not. He's a legit PSP-developer working on minis.

Bubbletune

@ Bubbletune + Kezra

From reading the past few pages... If Sony were to find your exploit and patch it before you reveal it to the public, you would have no use for it in researching further firmwares. If this is the case would you still have any obligations to the release for use in previous still applicable FW's.

Reason for asking: I may invest in a GO at somepoint in future. If it didn't have a known possibility of HB i would have no use for it as i have a 3k and my UMD's would be of no use

Yes, we still wouldn't release it, although it does take away the reason that is considered the most sane by outsiders. All the others mainly fare on our own opinions, and people tend to disagree with them all the time. For example:

- Piracy is a problem, we do not condone piracy and we do not believe Sony deserves any of it. If our work leads to piracy we certainly won't be happy about it, and if we put protections they can either be patched or we get a range of insults on how we are restricting freedom.

- Compatibility. Things would be based on 6.XX firmwares, and considering the changes they made to that kernel the compatibility would be far from the best (before people stand guard with the NID Resolver argument, they changed a lot more than just the NIDs this time, ranging from prototypes to a number of new protections), but not because of us. Of course, knowing the scene, guess who will get the blame.

- Setting a wrong example. We see how many people are pissed off at the video, and by releasing it now, they'll be convinced that the way they can get free stuff is to insult and bitch.

- We've received nothing but insults, and I'm not saying we weren't asking for it with the video, however, with ChickHEN, we weren't asking for it at all. People were constantly nagging Team Typhoon on how ChickHEN did not llive up to their standards and it drove us nuts. You don't go feeding new stuff to people who you can't stand.

This, by far, does not apply to everyone. It's just that they're a lot more vocal than the nice people around. If it wasn't for ourselfs, it'd be for other decent PSP developers like Team GEN, who've received more trolling than anyone about their free firmware not living up to people's standards. They have to learn one time that the way to get things is not by insulting people, although this may help in getting some people to release it (eg. showing them they were wrong). However we have no reason for doing so and all they're doing is driving us further away and taking all chances of another release (may it not be HEN, but a nice little plugin) away. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Deathrow

At least we have a few fun things to play around with and this is what the scene should be thankful for.

We have a leaked exploit (except I dont understand how homebrew can't be loaded, someone mind quickly explaining?) and now Datel's new Action Replay (which acts like a forged signature).

Because of these events (or mishaps :D) More people can finally begin to see how the PSP GO works. Not only that, but more people have access which concludes a positive impact on how faster something gets worked on.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
At least we have a few fun things to play around with and this is what the scene should be thankful for.

We have a leaked exploit (except I dont understand how homebrew can't be loaded, someone mind quickly explaining?) and now Datel's new Action Replay (which acts like a forged signature).

Because of these events (or mishaps :D) More people can finally begin to see how the PSP GO works. Not only that, but more people have access which concludes a positive impact on how faster something gets worked on.

Yeah, the cfw being worked on by Roe is coming along really nicely from what I've seen in photos and a video. Wouldn't of been possible without what happened.
Hopefully it'll be up for release soon.

darrylthebest

I think we will have to wait for GEN's birthday ...unless and untill a sony backstabber gives them an Idea on how to hack it

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah, the cfw being worked on by Roe is coming along really nicely from what I've seen in photos and a video. Wouldn't of been possible without what happened.
Hopefully it'll be up for release soon.

all due respect for roe... I think it's a mistake he's going to regret.

also if this is Mercury based, it's useless to most PSPgo user since the Mercury on the store is fixed... 3k users though are in luck if they can get the mercury UMD.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.

also if this is Mercury based, it's useless to most PSPgo user since the Mercury on the store is fixed... 3k users though are in luck if they can get the mercury UMD.

Wait, who is roe. I'm sure I know who, but I can't recall, and I'm curious.

afteralter

S for Surreal
@AndrewYY
Yes, I don't. =/ I had enough of one slide device (Yes, a cellular phone).

@Hellcat
Are you working on hacking the Go!? o_O Lol.

If there would be a way of bringing up some of my(and your) UMD Games to the Go! (which will probably won't happen and yes, it might lead to piracy) it would be better >_>

MenaceInc

Staff Member

Yeah, it'll be like the GTA thing with 2.71 (IIRC) all over again.

Wait, who is roe. I'm sure I know who, but I can't recall, and I'm curious.

Well, Roe is his last name ;) I'm fairly sure you know him :\ probally haven't talked to him in a while since his internet was off for a while.

WalangAlam

i would really like to buy a homebrewed pspgo. Playing snes super mario on it would be very cool:cool:. There are no existing pspgo firware/xmb exploits yet so i think it would take some time for a cfw on psp go. Hopefully the price will be also lower by the time we got cfw in psp go.

Deathrow

i would really like to buy a homebrewed pspgo. Playing snes super mario on it would be very cool:cool:. There are no existing pspgo firware/xmb exploits yet so i think it would take some time for a cfw on psp go. Hopefully the price will be also lower by the time we got cfw in psp go.

Davee + Team already accomplished HEN for the PSP GO. Its just not up for release since it will probably be:
a) patched
b) probably taken advantaged of much like the 5.03 .tiff exploit

The only real bit of good news recently is Datel solving how eboots can be signed by themselves without the need of Sony.

Significant events:
Freeplay leaks Mercury exploit
Davee + Team asserts HEN on PSP GO
Now Datel has a working cheat device on an OFW (on all models mind you)

To my surprise, these events have roughly occurred within 3-4 month time period, and to me we all thought it would be unhackable (at least the noobs did!). If people are patient, their might be some luck in a release; the future is unknown.

Note: close this thread? There isnt much to disucss.

WalangAlam

Davee + Team already accomplished HEN for the PSP GO. Its just not up for release since it will probably be:
a) patched
b) probably taken advantaged of much like the 5.03 .tiff exploit

The only real bit of good news recently is Datel solving how eboots can be signed by themselves without the need of Sony.

Significant events:
Freeplay leaks Mercury exploit
Davee + Team asserts HEN on PSP GO
Now Datel has a working cheat device on an OFW (on all models mind you)

To my surprise, these events have roughly occurred within 3-4 month time period, and to me we all thought it would be unhackable (at least the noobs did!). If people are patient, their might be some luck in a release; the future is unknown.

Note: close this thread? There isnt much to disucss.

what i meant was public exploits. something that i could put in my psp go if im goin to buy one. not just poc. yes i will wait patiently since im not a dev.