• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Most of the time I find myself not buying the OS when it comes out but rather a new computer with the OS installed. There are always workarounds/patches to bypass the authentication and for those wondering if the RC date can be extended by other means, of course it can (but you have well over a year after it comes out to get a new OS anyways)

James.

User Not Found
Im not sure if this is a windows 7 problem or Chrome, but whenever I try to load a page i get this:
ftklfm.png

Firefox works fine, IE works fine.
The same build of Chrome works on Vista (32bit and 64bit)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
then you paid over $60 for your OS.

if you are going to be all "it came w/ the pc so it doesn't count" then stfu and wait to buy a new pc to get 7.

Old pc I bought windows xp, the current one im using now was a gift with window xp already installed.
I can't wait for RC just need wate a whole weak and im ditching windows xp.

Seth

MD Party Room
Im not sure if this is a windows 7 problem or Chrome, but whenever I try to load a page i get this:
[qimg]http://i42.tinypic.com/ftklfm.png[/qimg]
Firefox works fine, IE works fine.
The same build of Chrome works on Vista (32bit and 64bit)

Happens to me all the time...Not sure what it is...However since Chrome is so good that I cant go back to firefox, and Windows 7 is so good that I cant go back to Vista...I have to live with this.

twelve

I'm not dead
Since when does Vista take a long time to shut down?

Mine shuts down too quick that if I eject the disc tray and then choose shut down the tray tries to close as part of the shutdown routine but the power is cut before it finishes leaving the tray half out.

Vista suffers from the usual Windows tricks. It boots quickly but it isn't actually ready for 30-60 seconds after the desktop is displayed. Even Windows 7 does it. It fools you into thinking that it has booted quickly when it hasn't at all, it has booted to the desktop quickly, that's all.

Sullivan

I just keeps XP in stand by, so I don't have to boot.

Cryox

Bro.
Since when does Vista take a long time to shut down?

Mine shuts down too quick that if I eject the disc tray and then choose shut down the tray tries to close as part of the shutdown routine but the power is cut before it finishes leaving the tray half out.

Vista suffers from the usual Windows tricks. It boots quickly but it isn't actually ready for 30-60 seconds after the desktop is displayed. Even Windows 7 does it. It fools you into thinking that it has booted quickly when it hasn't at all, it has booted to the desktop quickly, that's all.

yeah pretty much the same here. I accidently hit shutdown yesterday, and i didn't even have time to hit my little Abort Shutdown batch file i made. It was out and to the Shutting Down screen in a couple seconds, then it went off.

I know on some computers it takes awhile. For example my older laptop and desktop. Took 10 minutes to shutdown. Don't know why, but it was probably because of out-of-date hardware.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
takes about 45 sec to shut down, 1.5 min to start(just over 2 if u include waiting for the net connection to be found)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Reminder- RC out in two days.
Anyone found how the RC beta is going to work?