• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

It's no different than Vista for games, it should be better for gaming since the OS uses less RAM/resources than Vista. I'm not going to be gaming on this Laptop so can't say how it performs but if anything gaming should be better

I think the games like solitaire and shit like that should have achievements and stuff like xbox's and games for windows.

Like they need more card games like UNO FTW

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Can't wait for RC1 !

I didn't think I would be able to use this as a primary OS, but now I'm hooked. I'm not sure I can go back to xp now.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Is there any difference between 7000 and 7077? Do I need to bother downloading 7077?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is there any difference between 7000 and 7077? Do I need to bother downloading 7077?

Several differences. I just upgraded from 7000 to 7077 and instantly noticed some differences. It also has some updated compatibility and overall is more stable. There are several aesthetic differences that you will notice as you go through. I listed some changes in a previous post so feel free to check that out back a page or two

Joey

There's a big difference for me ;) Things are faster, seem more streamlined and the overall aesthetic is better. Most things that change with between Windows OS's are the things in the taskbar. It looks better, performs better and has better functionality. For tablet users or those with touch screens this OS is what we've been waiting for. The biggest changes come in performance, taking Vista and making it run better than XP, now that's something to be celebrated

It's also the small changes that matter - being able to maximize windows by moving them tot he top of the screen or make them half the size of the screen by dragging them to either side is a great addition.

Homegroup's are much easier to form now and the computer recognizes if a homegroup is already on your network and asks if you would like to join it. The start menu can also act as a menu system for some applications that support it (aka Word will show you your recent documents without opening the application).

Also something I've noticed with the new 7077 build (compared to 7000) - maximized windows now retain their transparency in the title bar. The "Show Desktop" button is also larger if you are using a touch screen device (appears smaller on other computers). Also the taskbar items have a frosted look to them.

There are some other features/changes I've noticed since 7000 but I'll leave that for another post probably, it's Easter and I've got some eating to do!
Yeah, I've noticed all the taskbar changes, which are pretty cool. But I've got a pretty beefy computer, so Vista was never slow for me. 7 actually appears slower to me, since I don't think I have all the drivers I need installed.

Not that I'm disappointed in the OS or anything, just kind of underwhelmed, after every body gushed about it.

Cryox

Bro.
is the download still up for 7077?[link?] or is it just on torrents and places like that?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I've noticed all the taskbar changes, which are pretty cool. But I've got a pretty beefy computer, so Vista was never slow for me. 7 actually appears slower to me, since I don't think I have all the drivers I need installed.

Not that I'm disappointed in the OS or anything, just kind of underwhelmed, after every body gushed about it.

Yeah, Vista runs fast on my desktop but for my laptop which has Win7 installed I've noticed the difference and appreciate it (less RAM used is always a huge plus, especially since mine is a tablet and requires more than usual).

As far as where to get the 7077 download - torrent sites

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'll never trust torrents for an OS...if they turn out to be buggy...then everything is lost.

cooled

7106 is actually older than 7077. looks like all of the winmain builds are older than the RC builds by a few hours.

Anyone know if windows seven would be able to run on a TC1100 pentouch laptop?

I just took my dads since it has been laying around his house for a while....

Windows 7 would be pretty sleek on it.