• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea, 7077 was leaked. I'm downloading it right now.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM EST ----------

Wait, what? Whats RC?

Release candidate

Cryox

Bro.
Yea, 7077 was leaked. I'm downloading it right now.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM EST ----------

Release candidate

i was wondering why i saw windows 7 RC beat or w/e on demonoid today.... huh, might as well try it out.

Seth

MD Party Room

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Is the RC out?
edit-just notice

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is the RC out?
edit-just notice

It's iffy, my answer would actually be "yes and no". Build 7077 is apparantly is what may are calling the RC Escrow build (not the same as the RC to be released in May however). I am updating in a few seconds to the 7077 build, just need to wait for a transfer to finish

Joey

I honestly don't see much of a difference between 7 and Vista. The start bar is a tad different, kind of OSX esque, which is nice, but other than that, it feels the same to me.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I honestly don't see much of a difference between 7 and Vista. The start bar is a tad different, kind of OSX esque, which is nice, but other than that, it feels the same to me.

There's a big difference for me ;) Things are faster, seem more streamlined and the overall aesthetic is better. Most things that change with between Windows OS's are the things in the taskbar. It looks better, performs better and has better functionality. For tablet users or those with touch screens this OS is what we've been waiting for. The biggest changes come in performance, taking Vista and making it run better than XP, now that's something to be celebrated

It's also the small changes that matter - being able to maximize windows by moving them tot he top of the screen or make them half the size of the screen by dragging them to either side is a great addition.

Homegroup's are much easier to form now and the computer recognizes if a homegroup is already on your network and asks if you would like to join it. The start menu can also act as a menu system for some applications that support it (aka Word will show you your recent documents without opening the application).

Also something I've noticed with the new 7077 build (compared to 7000) - maximized windows now retain their transparency in the title bar. The "Show Desktop" button is also larger if you are using a touch screen device (appears smaller on other computers). Also the taskbar items have a frosted look to them.

There are some other features/changes I've noticed since 7000 but I'll leave that for another post probably, it's Easter and I've got some eating to do!

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Ipaq how is window 7 for games? Dose it require more ram to be use?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ipaq how is window 7 for games? Dose it require more ram to be use?

It's no different than Vista for games, it should be better for gaming since the OS uses less RAM/resources than Vista. I'm not going to be gaming on this Laptop so can't say how it performs but if anything gaming should be better

twelve

I'm not dead
I've since uninstalled Windows 7 (build 7000) but gaming was no different to Vista. Steam had some issues but a google search says that this has been fixed.

El Diablo

I got 7077 today, going to try and find an old 80 gig hardrive I have laying around and install it on it...even though the HD is probably slower than my normal one >.>.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
How much of the HDD does Windows 7 take up after install? I'm downloading 7077, and I've, sadly, only got about 11GB left on my hard drive.

The requirements say 16gb but I think the sweet spot is around 10gb so you need to free up some room I would think. You should've asked this 2 days ago because I had just installed it - 111/129gb free (with programs installed) right now