• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

brain

Pew Pew Pew
Can someone help me with the installation? I downloaded the beta ISO, and I made a partition of 10GB NTFS quick format, and then when I install it, it goes fine up until installing features, then it restarts, and says error and keeps restarting and saying error, reinstall

Doesnt Windows 7 need 16gb space minimum?

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Idk, but I just redid everything with a 16gb partition and NTFS (not quick mode) and it works fine now, its pretty cool, using it right now!

Moose

Meta Moose
Is the beta stable enough to install over my current OS, XP? Would it be a good idea to install over XP or just dual-boot it?

eighty4

I would say dual boot but it works so much better than XP did for me and whatever worked for Vista - works on this.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Some might actually work, you'll have to go into explorer and launch them but the majority of them will not function properly

Moose

Meta Moose
How about none and use a direct download from microsoft?

lol. I've tried 3 times. Firefox downloads it up until 400MB and then just stops as if it is completed.

EDIT: I got good DL speeds from the MS servers though... 500kb/s average.