• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
you can't get the public beta on xp right?

EvilSeph

Administrator
You can, but you can't upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. The only supported operating system to upgrade from is Windows Vista. If you do not have SP1 installed, then you'll likely delay your install by a few hours...so have it installed first.

It would probably be a good idea to include the 32-bit link also because it has better reliability, even though the 64-bit keys work with x86.

Will do.

Moose

Meta Moose
Ah right. As long as Foobar2000 works fine on Windows 7 then I won't worry about installing it. In fact, I will just uninstall WMP.

EvilSeph

Administrator

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ah right. As long as Foobar2000 works fine on Windows 7 then I won't worry about installing it. In fact, I will just uninstall WMP.

You'll have to install the fix, as EvilSeph said it affects explorer. It's not application-specific and makes me wonder why and how they couldn't catch the fix earlier until the public got their hands on it it seems (leaked beta that is)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Just installed Windows 7.
Pretty nice.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Has anyone tried installing Firefox or Google Chrome on Windows 7?
I'm sticking with IE for now...

Seth

MD Party Room
im a newb. i have vista right now. im downloading the windows 7 beta 1. can i simply start it and replace vista or what?

edit: nevermind...

but i cant really get any fast downloads. anyone have a direct link?

Severs are still getting hit hard Atm might be a little while..

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Can someone help me with the installation? I downloaded the beta ISO, and I made a partition of 10GB NTFS quick format, and then when I install it, it goes fine up until installing features, then it restarts, and says error and keeps restarting and saying error, reinstall

Seth

MD Party Room
Try re downloading the Iso....It maybe that copy..