• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zx30's Photos.

Zx30

Beto
Thanks Ascendancy. I know the last photo is a bit strange, but you have to understand my friend gave me some drugs the same night I was working on that.

Yeah...well anyways... Here's a new picture.
Gamer Strength.(You too can have results like these! Play Xbox360 for 12 hours a day for two weeks and you should begin to show progress!

gamerstrengthedit.jpg

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
How far away are you standing when you take pictures like that? I'd imagine it takes a lot of patience.

Zx30

Beto
I think I'm standing about 3-4 feet away. My Lens is a Telephoto/Macro lens in one and to have macro shots in focus the LEAST distance I can be from the subject is about 4 feet. At first I hated it because I was so far but then realized how extremely useful it is when shooting wildlife. It helps lessen the flee rate of bugs and animals if I stay a few feet back. I've grown to really love my lens. It's not the best, but for the price i payed a year ago it has most certainly done a fantastic job. Here's my lens.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ALLMI8/ref=oss_product

And you're right, it did take me a lot of time. Even at that distance, the dragonflies sometimes get startled by the wind and fly away. It's extremely annoying. Usually I sit in the same spot hoping another one will land on the same stick. Surprisingly they do that often, the same or a different dragonfly takes the spot. It was also pretty difficult to get a picture in focus. When you're handholding a lens at full macro, it feels like you're carrying a sniper rifle. The lens is just moving everywhere. A fast shutter speed was paramount to reduce blurriness. Having a low aperture also helped. Also, holding my breath like in Ghost Recon seemed to help as well.
I took about 20-30 pictures of the same pose(That's what I usually do with most wildlife photos). I then review them quickly on my camera in between breaks(when the dragon fly runs away or something) then decide if I want to take more. After that I just hope for the best when I get home to check them out. The frog picture alone took up about 2 gigs of space on my hard drive of continuous shots. That's the only one I liked from all of the shots(Probably about 100 shots were taken at different angles while also shooting my flash from different angles/intensities around the frog.) The frog took me at least an hour of taking pictures.
It's very rewarding for me though and worth the hours of shooting, sitting, and frustration. I've noticed I've improved over the years and I'm eager to see how much better I can become. :)

EDIT: Oh and forgot to post other one.
dragonfly2.jpg

january39

eXo Staff
You have a serious patience threshold :) Your pictures are good, do you sell them or anything?

I have friend at work who likes photography, he puts loads on the web and occasionally sells one or two.

Zx30

Beto
I haven't sold any of my pictures yet. To be honest I didn't think they were THAT good to be selling. I am dabbling in Portrait Photography now as well though so I may begin to make money off of that. I've also been experimenting with Photo Restoration as well.(Which takes a crap load of patience).
Where does your friend upload his photos and gets them bought? Man if one of my photos were bought I'd be extremely happy and be much more confident in my photography work.
And thanks a bunch for the compliments. :D

january39

eXo Staff
I haven't sold any of my pictures yet. To be honest I didn't think they were THAT good to be selling. I am dabbling in Portrait Photography now as well though so I may begin to make money off of that. I've also been experimenting with Photo Restoration as well.(Which takes a crap load of patience).
Where does your friend upload his photos and gets them bought? Man if one of my photos were bought I'd be extremely happy and be much more confident in my photography work.
And thanks a bunch for the compliments. :D

I cant recall the site now but will find out and post it back, i don't know how much he gets but is spse it's not about the money in the end. Give us a day or two.

Zx30

Beto
Really like the gamer strength one, that got my attention
Is it because you wish that were possible? :p

I cant recall the site now but will find out and post it back, i don't know how much he gets but is spse it's not about the money in the end. Give us a day or two.
I agree. It's not about the money for me. The feeling alone of knowing someone would pay to have one of my pictures is exciting.=D

january39

eXo Staff
I agree. It's not about the money for me. The feeling alone of knowing someone would pay to have one of my pictures is exciting.=D

That site is http://www.alamy.com/

I have never used it but it is the one he has used.