• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zx30's Photos.

Zx30

Beto
Canon Rebel Xsi. I bought it about a year and five months ago. Before that I had a crappy point and shoot. I learned so much about photography on the internet that my little point and shoot couldn't keep up haha. That's when I began to get much more serious at photography and bought the Canon. I won't be buying another camera for a looooonnnggg time.
What do you think about the pictures? I'm open to all negative and positive feedback. :)

Also, took this one of a dragon fly in flight. The background looks so plain. I'm hoping to get an idea for this someday and make a nice photo out of it. Took me a LONG time to get a shot this clear.

dragonflightcopy.jpg

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Trying to practice a "Vampire" shot..you know since they don't have reflections. Will do a much better one later on.
mirrorshirt3lq.jpg

Looks pretty interesting.

Just a note though but isn't that the same shaving cream that was in the first Jurassic Park film?

Moose

Meta Moose
Canon Rebel Xsi. I bought it about a year and five months ago. Before that I had a crappy point and shoot. I learned so much about photography on the internet that my little point and shoot couldn't keep up haha. That's when I began to get much more serious at photography and bought the Canon. I won't be buying another camera for a looooonnnggg time.
What do you think about the pictures? I'm open to all negative and positive feedback. :)

Also, took this one of a dragon fly in flight. The background looks so plain. I'm hoping to get an idea for this someday and make a nice photo out of it. Took me a LONG time to get a shot this clear.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6714/dragonflightcopy.jpg

This is very impressive. Definitely looks professional. I'mma use it as my wallpaper for a while, it's lovely.

Zx30

Beto

Zx30

Beto
Remember that picture with the Dragonfly caught in flight? I finally messed with it and created this.
dragonflighteditred.jpg

Let me know what you think guys. I'm about to submit this one and 4 other pictures to my hometown's calender contest. This is my first time entering and if my picture is good enough, it gets posted on a month. I'll keep you guys posted.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yes sir! A winner is you! :D
Did you catch it when you glanced at it or was it pretty hard to tell at first? I've been getting mixed results. Some find it easy and others have NO IDEA hah.

For me, it was the scales on the wing looked malformed. Then I looked closer at the shapes and noticed quite a few of them looked squareish. It's really nice and subtle.

Moose

Meta Moose
Hah, that's very clever. I didn't notice it at all until I read Menace's comment (I didn't spend much time looking, admittedly).

Zx30

Beto
For me, it was the scales on the wing looked malformed. Then I looked closer at the shapes and noticed quite a few of them looked squareish. It's really nice and subtle.
Thank you kind sir. I'll try and do more stuff like this...with hidden stuff in it o_O...
Alot of people at my job seemed to find it really quickly. Only 3 had a hard time with it..So far I've been getting comments that the reason they saw it so easy is because they saw Texas. Possibly because we live in TX so that mental image of TX must be stuck on their heads...or maybe it's because Texas looks nothing like any of the other scales..o_O

Hah, that's very clever. I didn't notice it at all until I read Menace's comment (I didn't spend much time looking, admittedly).
Ah that's cool. No sweat. Was it because the image was uninteresting to you or because you didn't know you had to find something hidden?..or both? lol

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Thank you kind sir. I'll try and do more stuff like this...with hidden stuff in it o_O...
Alot of people at my job seemed to find it really quickly. Only 3 had a hard time with it..So far I've been getting comments that the reason they saw it so easy is because they saw Texas. Possibly because we live in TX so that mental image of TX must be stuck on their heads...or maybe it's because Texas looks nothing like any of the other scales..o_O

Ah that's cool. No sweat. Was it because the image was uninteresting to you or because you didn't know you had to find something hidden?..or both? lol

Yeah, Texas was the point where I realised it was a map :p Probably because it's massive compared to the rest.

Moose

Meta Moose

No, the image is lovely! I still have that other image you took of the dragonfly as my wallpaper. It's very wallpaper-esque(?). xD

Zx30

Beto
No, the image is lovely! I still have that other image you took of the dragonfly as my wallpaper. It's very wallpaper-esque(?). xD

Ah gotcha. I just wanted to make sure the reason :p. By the way, did you(or anyone) see the new dragon fly picture i have up page 9? What do you guys think? Improvement over original? Needs work? Rate :D. I'll also post it here on this post just to be safe.
dragonflighteditred.jpg