• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaemic

-chw42-: You can't hack a PSP with this yet. A kmode exploit is needed. Right now, all we have is a POC that doesn't even work on the slim. Presumably in those "few days", a version that will work on all mobos will be released though.

apex: I've tried more than 15 times. It either just loads a broken thumbnail or crashes.

-chw42-: You can't hack a PSP with this yet. A kmode exploit is needed. Right now, all we have is a POC that doesn't even work on the slim. Presumably in those "few days", a version that will work on all mobos will be released though.

apex: I've tried more than 15 times. It either just loads a broken thumbnail or crashes.

Takes me a maximum of 5 tries.

Archaemic

I tried that at first before I reset my settings, but forgot to do it afterwards. Didn't help though. Very strange. I'll update to M33-6 soon and try again.

Million

A few questions that arrised after reading the posts in this thread.

What is the purpose of releasing this exploit (which will now be known to Sony) if we already have the Gripshift exploit in circulation , would this exploit be any better for the purposes of downgrading the newer model PSP's than the gripshift exploit ? Couldn't this exploit have been saved for post 5.02 PSP users ?

Does this new exploit mean the gripshift exploit is now irrelevant ? I just bought this game off ebay in hope the devs like Matiaz would work their magic with it but now it seems I bought it too soon.

cory1492

If you paid some of the ridiculous prices asked for gripshift, then yes you bought it too soon... well too late too soon.

Do I smell 5.04 "security update" barreling down like a Mack truck? Nice work Matiaz, without you I suspect Sony would never code anything PSP firmware related anymore.

daMcP

Do I smell 5.04 "security update" barreling down like a Mack truck? Nice work Matiaz, without you I suspect Sony would never code anything PSP firmware related anymore.

What would be the point in not releasing it? Whats the difference if they release it in a year when they might have found another exploit? It's always going to be patched by sony.
If they release it now many people might profit from it. If they don't nothings gonna happen or sony might even patch it accidently.

wololo

it just crashes my phat and thats it
I can tell you that it works from time to time. I had the hello world displayed once in something like 15~20 attempts.
It's hard to tell if reproducing it is completely random, cyclic, or just requires a few initial conditions. For me, the hello world worked straight away after I copied it to the memory stick, then kept on failing.

Does this new exploit mean the gripshift exploit is now irrelevant ? I just bought this game off ebay in hope the devs like Matiaz would work their magic with it but now it seems I bought it too soon.
I don't think this makes the gripshift exploit irrelevant. The gripshift exploit is way more stable than this one. Problem is that it requires a game that is too expensive.
I would stay Gripshift is still the best solution for people who have the game and a firmware below 5.03

sony might even patch it accidently.
Honestly, this would never happen. Previous libtiff vulnerabilities where "official" critical bugs in the lib tiff, that had an impact on all hardware/software using it. So a fix for those was ready very soon after they where found, and the bugfixes were not made by sony.
This time it doesn't seem to be a bug in libtiff per se, but in the way sony implemented it on the PSP. I'd be curious to see what this file gives on a ps3 or an ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.