• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabus

With m33 modules you can play online with any CFW...

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters

pcstalljr

I doubt it will come with the new 5.50 firmware, seeing as it was just released like 1 week ago.

exactly. it will most likely have 5.00 or 5.03 depending on where you ordered it

HEN-A

Contributer
You would have to be extremly unlucky if it came with frimware 5.50 :sleep:.

ygtcan

TA-088 V3 and TA-090 V2 Motherboards are not supported (for CFW)

i have PSP 2004 OFW 4.01 and Ta88 v3 Motherboard.. Won't i install to my PSP :S

pcstalljr

You would have to be extremly unlucky if it came with frimware 5.50 :sleep:.

it shouldn't. considering that it takes about 2 to 3 days for processing the order. and maybe 5 days for delivery. or more.so it probably left before 5.50 was even out

-----added-----
TA-088 V3 and TA-090 V2 Motherboards are not supported (for CFW)

i have PSP 2004 OFW 4.01 and Ta88 v3 Motherboard.. Won't i install to my PSP :S
im in the same boat. i have a PSP 3000. lol but im fine just using my homebrew :p i only want the CFW because i can customize the ColdBoot/GameBoot/and XMB waves :D but i cant with the HEN :(. lol oh well

HEN-A

Contributer
What is??

If you mean that a Tav3 cant have CFW(At the moment)then yes I wish it could to :).

pcstalljr

But it's bullshit ! :S

ok. back the anger down about 30,000 pegs. loosen up haha. i know it sucks. but if you were Sony. wouldn't you want all the security you can get against people stealing your games....that you make money off of? :p

Dan

Contributor
could you kindly stop spamming and chatting in this thread?
try to write more than 3 words plz..

If you have a problem with the way a thread is going, report posts or take it up with an administrator. Don't contribute in the 'spam' yourself. They're discussing the compatibility with the TIFF exploit in the first place, so it technically isn't spam.

Jolan

Devil Trigger'd
Why is everyone whining? We're getting a HEN, it's going to work, it's going to support most Homebrew and it will be better than OFW.If you aren't happy with just that, then four q.I'm sorry, but people are going overboard...

urgfman

Batman
Sony doesn't care about games, they make money by selling psp not games. people are buying psp because it can be hacked. the looser are games company and absolutely not sony.

sega, capcom ... are suffering from piracy more than sony.

agaroud9

maybe a strange question but will this tiff. exploit or the HEN be able to work on a ps3? After all the ps3 looks equel to the psp,but ps3 has other firmwires

And can ps3 also play homebrewe games?

pcstalljr

Sony doesn't care about games, they make money by selling psp not games. people are buying psp because it can be hacked. the looser are games company and absolutely not sony.

so your saying that Sony should just drop all the Legal and Responsible reasons for enabling the security. and bow down to the pirates and hackers out there? interesting. ;)

(thus ends my off topic posts. if you would like to discuss this more (i wouldn't mind) either PM me or start a thread in the correct location, this is not a thread on Sonys choices on security and reasoning.)

-----added-----
maybe a strange question but will this tiff. exploit or the HEN be able to work on a ps3? After all the ps3 looks equel to the psp,but ps3 has other firmwires

And can ps3 also play homebrewe games?

no it will not work on the PS3. the *.TIFF is designed for the PSP and only 5.03 OFW

Shadow-wolf

The PS3 is very different from the PSP, sorry.

They probably have already addressed the exploit in TIFF images in the PS3, plus there is differences in the hardware capabilities and software itself.

Why would you wanna homebrew on the PS3? I'd rather play Super Mario World on the go, I already have a SNES for it at home. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.